New elite spec weapon?

WERN.2836

3 minutes ago, Kaizoku.1298 said:

Didn't warrior get dual weapons? 

I mean all elite specs have always gotten main hand, offhand, or dual handed weapons. They never got a new weapon, like sword, and were able to yield in both hands. I guess anet could change this rule if they wanted, though. Would be kinda cool to have more options with the mace if you were able to yield in either hand.

• Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

I mean all elite specs have always gotten main hand, offhand, or dual handed weapons. They never got a new weapon, like sword, and were able to yield in both hands. I guess anet could change this rule if they wanted, though. Would be kinda cool to have more options with the mace if you were able to yield in either hand.

Spellbreaker gets both, mainhand and offhand dagger. There is precedence. 

• Like 4

I'm not sure why people feel that Mace couldn't be condi? It might not be the obvious pick, but it easily could. I'm hoping for it to be at least hybrid. Pure power would have a too big overlap with existing specs.

I'm mostly disappointed Engineer probably won't get a new baseline MH now ... 😅

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I would like some bruisers like skills that can do close combat but also ranged. Dunno what the skillls will be or if the specialization icon means anything... but what I still continue believing is that the symbol do represent a suit or a golem mechanic. But well dunno what to think after harbringer, it has a flask icon but don't throw flasks, one of the biggest joke I saw. Engineer had a lot of ranged weapons, rifle , pistols, even shield 5 is thrown a la captain america. Whereas Hammer offer close combat, to me scrapper is support/healer. Holosmith is Dps and I like the spec because beyond being melee if using sword, the photon forge is kind of ranged. So well, it is half / half. Ranged rifle and pistol, close combat hammer and sword. So ranged or close as next specialization I don't really care.

But what I care about us the next engie spec to have a good memorable mechanic. If someone tell me scrapper or core as example, what I think about is useless turrets and annoying weak gyros. Whereas holo, I do think of holograms, light beam, light arena and blades. So yeah, expect energy charges, golems, plasma, dragonjade magic capacitor or something epic. Even robots minions i'm okay with. The jade engineer artwork on eod page is very high techy. Surely capable of manipulating constructs and force fields?

Edited by hugo.4705