TacO / Blish HUD

Olwe.1287

Hello everyone !

What is the current statement for TacO and Blish in august 2021 ?

Sometime TacO is allowed, sometime not, sometime it's allowed but not in raid... I'm a bit lost about this.

Any official recent news about them ?

Edited by Olwe.1287

59 minutes ago, Olwe.1287 said:

Hello everyone !

What is the current statement for TacO and Blish in august 2021 ?

Sometime TacO is allowed, sometime not, sometime it's allowed but not in raid... I'm a bit lost about this.

Any official recent news about them ?

Can you link to info about taco not being allowed?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Can you link to info about taco not being allowed?

I don't have a precise link, just heard about it on differents streams on Twitch, so that why i'm asking now if we have some official post about it 😕

5 minutes ago, Olwe.1287 said:

I don't have a precise link, just heard about it on differents streams on Twitch, so that why i'm asking now if we have some official post about it 😕

Which streams? Why were they talking about? What cases would taco be supposed to be forbidden in?

Keep in mind that this is not an interrogation, just curiosity and maaaaybe a small effort at preventing constant spread of random false information -next time a random twitch streamer says something like that, please ask for possible source 😛  

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

I think the Blish FAQ page highlighted well the important parts from the Third-Party Programs policy:
"[...] we are aware that some utilities help players without affecting others; that is, they do not give one player an advantage over another. While, in general, we will not take action on an account for the use of such a utility program or modification, action is subject to ArenaNet's discretion. You use any third-party program at your own risk.
Note: ArenaNet does not review, approve, or endorse any third-party program. Each use of such a program is made by an account holder at their own risk."

Also the maker of TacO posted in April about moving on for now (no future updates coming) and made the code open source. I am unsure if anyone has picked up the project.

• Thanks 1

It was in raid for sure.

When they talk about it, it's becausethe use of TacO in Raid could be an unfair help somehow (like Dhuum or Sabetha timer) 

I don't use TacO or Blish in Raid anyway, only on open world, but even some of my friends talk about it so, as you said, maybe it's a false information so I would like to know the final word about this x)

Anet has promoted TacO on their own twitter account.  Here is one example:

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/843793175173087232

Given that I think it is safe to assume they have no problems with it.  Also it is just an overlay that works from the API provided by Anet.   It does not interact with the game client in any other way.   So in summary it should be safe to use.  I've been using it for years with no problem.

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Olwe.1287 said:

It is always allowed. The person that told you this is wrong. I have never seen Anet partially allowing a 3rd party tool. If there is a feature they do not like they instruct that it is removed.

Edited by Turin.6921