Magical Appearance and Weapon Set

Bunny.9834

I have to admit if I'd kept my charr mesmer Mr Pinkay I'd absolutely get the full set for him.

He's the only character I've actually had someone run away from - I think they were new and seeing a huge pink norn split into 4, 3 of them vanish in a cloud of butterflies and then the remaining one waving at them was just too much.

14 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

Good to know about the dye - I've tried using dark dyes on other glowy bits of armor and it didn't work very well. 🙂

It depends a lot of what dye you use. A lot of darker dyes can have 'under tones' which become much more noticeable on glows. Sometimes that's great (especially if something else shares the dye slot with the glowing parts and each is affected differently) but if you just want to hide the glow they're pretty impractical. Glossy Black, Midnight Fire, Midnight Ice, Abyssal Sea, Abyssal Forest and the various Shadow dyes are the main offenders I remember.

The best ones I've found for hiding glows are Abyss and Shadow Abyss (both of which are 'simply' black with no other colours) or sometimes dyes which are dull rather than dark, like Graphite or Blue Shade, the ones which just look a bit plain and washed out on cloth or leather can be effective at dimming glows without making it look overwhelming in other ways.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...