Core builds in 2020

swagolas.9732

I haven't played for a while, kinda year or more and my main is necro, but love to play with my engi too. Its pretty fucked up how old core builds don't work nowadays, trying with oldschools like SD RIFLE or condi variables with shield or pure P/P. Does any1 play something like this or is it only me that masochist with P/P grenade or bombs?

Love your ideas, but grenades are totally nerfed and bombs are fine, but they are more effective with talents logicly. Thinking about some kind of condi scrapper too, but they have no synergy nowadays :( maybe I'll try 3 kit p/p with sneak gyro or something like this

I wouldn't think of playing grenades because of the projectiles and the repetitive strain injury potential of aiming every attack including the basic one (grenade). There's a delay on bomb kit but for most purposes you can consider it a melee option ; toolkit was not hit in the balance patch.

Because pistol is so underwhelming it's more or less down to kits (almost as depressing as shooting elixir gun which is meant for support) so you essentially need flamethrower/bomb kit for condi. Rifle isn't spectacular on its own either.

@"swagolas.9732" said:Love your ideas, but grenades are totally nerfed and bombs are fine, but they are more effective with talents logicly. Thinking about some kind of condi scrapper too, but they have no synergy nowadays :( maybe I'll try 3 kit p/p with sneak gyro or something like this

Condi Scrapper is amazing! What you mean no synergy? Check this out;http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lZw+YdsLWJO8K5tVA-z5YXGNWAZmAKPA

Flashbang + Expert ExaminationFlashbang + Kinetic Stabilizers + Mass Momentum.

Amazing synergies right there!

@Dirame.8521 said:

@"swagolas.9732" said:Love your ideas, but grenades are totally nerfed and bombs are fine, but they are more effective with talents logicly. Thinking about some kind of condi scrapper too, but they have no synergy nowadays :( maybe I'll try 3 kit p/p with sneak gyro or something like this

Condi Scrapper is amazing! What you mean no synergy? Check this out;

Scrapper isnt a core build

@Axelteas.7192 said:

Scrapper isnt a core build

Read the comment I replied to before you judge me please!

@Dirame.8521 said:

Wow, it's really effective, tried it in game and it rocks! just lack the faster movement, but its amazing

Core engi works well if you play it like You are playing a lower powered character against the elder gods, constantly kiting, avoiding outnumbered fights, terrain usage, all the cheap tactics and stuff. But in 1v1 you really need a higher skill lvl than your opponent. I dont. Not with core engi. But I have seen 1-2 crazy individuals that did not fear carpal tunnel and played greanade/ explosives in competitive :)

I am playing like this :http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAoqlJw4YfsLmKWyTZrbA-zZwKjITgMLAHGAIt is fun and quite strong becouse now bomb2 and bomb3 can be quite good in a condi setup. If you don't like aed you can change the trate of alchemy and take medkitbut i usually prefer A.E.D. becouse i am more used to it than to medkit and i love tool skill of A.E.D. . After last patch , in my opinion on Engineer, you have to use A.E.D. or medkit if you don't want to take elixir C . Bombs work well with glueshot or bomb 5. It is not the strongest build on engineeer but it is fun and in 2vs 2 for me it worked really well ( i am not a pro ) . I tried with Flamethrower but at the end i have got better resault with bomb kit . Probably it is a matter of playstyle .

@"EUmad.7645" said:I am playing like this :http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAoqlJw4YfsLmKWyTZrbA-zZwKjITgMLAHGAIt is fun and quite strong becouse now bomb2 and bomb3 can be quite good in a condi setup. If you don't like aed you can change the trate of alchemy and take medkitbut i usually prefer A.E.D. becouse i am more used to it than to medkit and i love tool skill of A.E.D. . After last patch , in my opinion on Engineer, you have to use A.E.D. or medkit if you don't want to take elixir C . Bombs work well with glueshot or bomb 5. It is not the strongest build on engineeer but it is fun and in 2vs 2 for me it worked really well ( i am not a pro ) . I tried with Flamethrower but at the end i have got better resault with bomb kit . Probably it is a matter of playstyle .

Yeah, now I'm using different builds in 5v5 season. Live your idea but if u use only AED from gadgets that doesn't really worth the talents, I love slick sheos too wih stunbreak option.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lFw+YesLWKWyPdJNA-z5YXGNWARmASPA

here's my actual variant mainly for support, 2 additional healing fields, protection for allies and condi cleanse also, 3 blocking options and about 60% condi reduction for movement impairing effects, not the best option for dmg deal, but it works well in that too.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lZw+YdsRWJWyPdtVA-z5YXGNWARmASPA

The other variant for more stuns and burning dmg (Function gyro <3), but less support

@swagolas.9732 said:

@"EUmad.7645" said:I am playing like this :
It is fun and quite strong becouse now bomb2 and bomb3 can be quite good in a condi setup. If you don't like aed you can change the trate of alchemy and take medkitbut i usually prefer A.E.D. becouse i am more used to it than to medkit and i love tool skill of A.E.D. . After last patch , in my opinion on Engineer, you have to use A.E.D. or medkit if you don't want to take elixir C . Bombs work well with glueshot or bomb 5. It is not the strongest build on engineeer but it is fun and in 2vs 2 for me it worked really well ( i am not a pro ) . I tried with Flamethrower but at the end i have got better resault with bomb kit . Probably it is a matter of playstyle .

Yeah, now I'm using different builds in 5v5 season. Live your idea but if u use only AED from gadgets that doesn't really worth the talents, I love slick sheos too wih stunbreak option.

here's my actual variant mainly for support, 2 additional healing fields, protection for allies and condi cleanse also, 3 blocking options and about 60% condi reduction for movement impairing effects, not the best option for dmg deal, but it works well in that too.

The other variant for more stuns and burning dmg (Function gyro <3), but less support

Your are hibryds build. Mine is pure Condi . With pure condi damage in my opinion pistoll offhand is till needed. I love shield but in my opinion it has a too long cd . Using toolkit and shield together is not a bit too much ? don't you get a lot of damage ? In my opinion if you go condi you should not go support, but bursting . For example condi holo is fun but holo gives you only access to burning so you have to cover them with something else and it it not always simple .

@EUmad.7645 said:

@EUmad.7645 said:I am playing like this :
It is fun and quite strong becouse now bomb2 and bomb3 can be quite good in a condi setup. If you don't like aed you can change the trate of alchemy and take medkitbut i usually prefer A.E.D. becouse i am more used to it than to medkit and i love tool skill of A.E.D. . After last patch , in my opinion on Engineer, you have to use A.E.D. or medkit if you don't want to take elixir C . Bombs work well with glueshot or bomb 5. It is not the strongest build on engineeer but it is fun and in 2vs 2 for me it worked really well ( i am not a pro ) . I tried with Flamethrower but at the end i have got better resault with bomb kit . Probably it is a matter of playstyle .

Your are hibryds build. Mine is pure Condi . With pure condi damage in my opinion pistoll offhand is till needed. I love shield but in my opinion it has a too long cd . Using toolkit and shield together is not a bit too much ? don't you get a lot of damage ? In my opinion if you go condi you should not go support, but bursting . For example condi holo is fun but holo gives you only access to burning so you have to cover them with something else and it it not always simple .

Play this amulet because there's no good condi only option now in PvP, I don't like mass thoughness and crit - if they would make a well balanced condi dmg/vit/healing power variant I'd use only that, the plus power is useful in this version for pry bar and other power based skills. Works well btw in ranked on team fights and solo too

• 2 weeks later...

Play Power Rifle Core with Elixir Gun and Toolkit.

Toolkit is really only there for the nasty Magnet and Block, and the crowbar which deals decent damage.Yu mainly wanna use Rifle and Elixir Gun for putting pressure on the enemy. (mainly through Explosives Aim Assisted Rocket)

Run Elite Elixir.Moa is OP.Pop it in a pinch and hope yu get Rampage.

Healing Turret is still the best Turret imo, but yu can try Medkit if yu wish.

Burst combos are Magnet > Crowbar > Rifle 3 > Rifle 4 > Rifle 5 (ideally set up through stealth with Elixir S toolbelt)

Other than this, yur gonna spend most of yur time kiting and let Aim Assisted Rocket do its job.