Revert Deflecting Shot to 0.28 seconds.

Tiale.2430

@Tiale.2430 said:The gameplay of this skill has dropped considerably. Please return the casting value and projectile speed to recover the gameplay along with the combos/interrupts.

CMC that skills like that have to have counter play hence why their wind ups are very very likely to stay where they are.

Instant CC or CC that sits at or barely above human reaction time shouldn't be a thing.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Tiale.2430 said:The gameplay of this skill has dropped considerably. Please return the casting value and projectile speed to recover the gameplay along with the combos/interrupts.

CMC that skills like that have to have counter play hence why their wind ups are very very likely to stay where they are.

Instant CC or CC that sits at or barely above human reaction time shouldn't be a thing.

There are plenty of other ones that are worse in that regard. Deflecting Shot has a travel time, Signet of Domination does not.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

There are plenty of other ones that are worse in that regard. Deflecting Shot has a travel time, Signet of Domination does not.

ooooh shit, here we go again

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

ooooh kitten, here we go again

What, are you trying to argue that Signet of Domination isnt worse in terms of counterplay than Deflecting Shot?

@UNOwen.7132 said:

What, are you trying to argue that Signet of Domination isnt worse in terms of counterplay than Deflecting Shot?

apples and oranges mate

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Tiale.2430" said:The gameplay of this skill has dropped considerably. Please return the casting value and projectile speed to recover the gameplay along with the combos/interrupts.

apples and oranges mate

You need to consider context. "Instant CC or CC that sits at or barely above human reaction time shouldn't be a thing. " was the quote.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"Tiale.2430" said:The gameplay of this skill has dropped considerably. Please return the casting value and projectile speed to recover the gameplay along with the combos/interrupts.

apples and oranges mate

You need to consider context. "Instant CC or CC that sits at or barely above human reaction time shouldn't be a thing. " was the quote.At close range DF was pretty much an instant, what is your point now? (except that to complain about bad utility skill that no sane person would take)

@UNOwen.7132 said:

apples and oranges mate

You need to consider context. "Instant CC or CC that sits at or barely above human reaction time shouldn't be a thing. " was the quote.

Even before the nerf DS was not even close to fulfill these criteria lul. Kinda similar to Bulls Charge or some Rampage skills aight?

@Odik.4587 said:

apples and oranges mate

You need to consider context. "Instant CC or CC that sits at or barely above human reaction time shouldn't be a thing. " was the quote.At close range DF was pretty much an instant, what is your point now? (except that to complain about bad utility skill that no sane person would take)

It wasnt. It had a cast time of about 0.28 seconds. SoD has a cast time of 0.25 seconds. It was still faster. And once you stop being close range, it just gets worse and worse. My point is that if you dont want CC with minimal counterplay, SoD would be higher on the list than deflecting shot.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

apples and oranges mate

they have like 0,1s difference in speed tho?wait is it another one of those things where you are wrong but not even realise it so you gonna argue to the death, then refuse to accept you are wrong and leave quietly in shame?Ill give you a hint before you replay to me, read the patch notes.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

apples and oranges mate

they have like 0,1s difference in speed tho?

Almost 0.5, no? Deflecting Shot was especially nerfed so the arrow spawns at 0.74 seconds, and Signet of Midnight is 0.25 seconds.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"UNOwen.7132"kitten, you posted before I edited my post, I suspect you ment signet of domi not midnight?read the patch notes, plx.

Given that I literally said "signet of Domination", yeah, it would make sense if I meant Signet of Domination. I see, so its .2 seconds instead of .5. Thats still quite a bit slower, and Deflecting Shot has a travel time, Signet of Domination does not. So their speed difference gets even bigger. Its a major difference.

Edit: Also I dont know why that is your dreamworld, but what you described never happened. I was wrong, but I admitted it. And I was mislead by the fact that it was a change omitted from the patch notes, and with a slight confusion regarding how "active attunement" interacts with traits.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

apples and oranges mate

It wasnt. It had a cast time of about 0.28 seconds. SoD has a cast time of 0.25 seconds. It was still faster. And once you stop being close range, it just gets worse and worse. My point is that if you dont want CC with minimal counterplay, SoD would be higher on the list than deflecting shot.I have played DH a lot myself and really enjoyed it and I know that it had no cast time, no cast bars or anything.

When you pop any signet its shows on top of mesmer head.
F Y I signet of domination cast time is 0.50 seconds.
(now xD)Also as Leon said you compare apples and oranges, bloated weapon skill (in my opinion ofc, weapon skill that blocked projectiles, blinded, knocked and doubled its damage) and just a CC skill on utility slot with omegalong CD.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@UNOwen.7132kitten, you posted before I edited my post, I suspect you ment signet of domi not midnight?read the patch notes, plx.

Given that I literally said "signet of Domination", yeah, it would make sense if I meant Signet of Domination. I see, so its .2 seconds instead of .5. Thats still quite a bit slower, and Deflecting Shot has a travel time, Signet of Domination does not. So their speed difference gets even bigger. Its a major difference.

its also 1/3 the cooldown aoe lol

@Odik.4587 said:

apples and oranges mate

It wasnt. It had a cast time of about 0.28 seconds. SoD has a cast time of 0.25 seconds. It was still faster. And once you stop being close range, it just gets worse and worse. My point is that if you dont want CC with minimal counterplay, SoD would be higher on the list than deflecting shot.I have played DH a lot myself and really enjoyed it and I know that it had no cast time, no cast bars or anything.

As you can see from

video from just as the expansion launched, you can see that it in fact had a cast time, and a cast bar. If thats what you call the orange thing underneath. So yeah.

No, the animation is 0.56 seconds, the cast time is 0.25 seconds. Largely no difference, other than it cant be interrupted in the latter half. But yeah, I missed that change in the patchnotes.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@UNOwen.7132kitten, you posted before I edited my post, I suspect you ment signet of domi not midnight?read the patch notes, plx.

its also 1/3 the cooldown aoe lol

And CCs for much less. Thats really beside the point though, the point is that "instant cast CC is a problem" would go against other skills first, not against Deflecting Shot.

@Odik.4587 said:

apples and oranges mate

(now xD)Also as Leon said you compare apples and oranges, bloated weapon skill (in my opinion ofc, weapon skill that blocked projectiles, blinded, knocked and doubled its damage) and just a CC skill on utility slot with omegalong CD.

Also, since I missed it, the skill does no damage right now. It only blinds, knockbacks, and destroys projectile. By utility weapon skill standards, thats not that much actually. Especially given that you can just sidestep it.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

apples and oranges mate

As you can see from
video from just as the expansion launched, you can see that it in fact had a cast time, and a cast bar. If thats what you call the orange thing underneath. So yeah.

Well, it was that fast that I forgot (and long ago, hue xD), my bad.

Also, since I missed it, the skill does no damage right now. It only blinds, knockbacks, and destroys projectile. By utility weapon skill standards, thats not that much actually. Especially given that you can just sidestep it.My edit included info of an old skill that it was, its always been pretty broken imo.I know what it does now, alrdy played and didnt like it, could be like 0.5 cast and a tiny bit wider hitbox to my taste (AND POSSIBLY speed up projectile speed by a lot, so you could land it at long distances too)

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Both ranger and engi have ranged instant CC (also Dead Eye). Where is the counter play there? Should not engi rifle CC and ranger bow CC also have 0.75 cast time plus travel time? And before someone says "AOE" it rarely ever hits more than 1 person. And if that is the reason, I would be happy that DS become single target and instant, just like ranger bow.

I do not know which is it, CMC does know what the fuck he is doing or making arbitrary changes that are biased. I do not see a third option.

@otto.5684 said:

Both ranger and engi have ranged instant CC (also Dead Eye). Where is the counter play there? Should not engi rifle CC and ranger bow CC also have 0.75 cast time plus travel time? And before someone says "AOE" it rarely ever hits more than 1 person. And if that is the reason, I would be happy that DS become single target and instant, just like ranger bow.

I do not know which is it, CMC does know what the kitten he is doing or making arbitrary changes that are biased. I do not see a third option.

Exactly which skills are instant CC on ranger, deadeye, and engi? Because both point blank shot and overcharged shot are not instant. Overcharged shot even got changed to no longer be essentially instant.

It doesn't need to be .25s but .75 is so stupid when you look at engi rifle 4 or ranger lb 4 which both have .5s cast times.

Not only does it have a slow projectile which is easy enough to react to, it's also an AIMED skill. Its already easy enough to counter strafe auto lock projectiles. Avoiding an aimed skill with a .75s cast time and slow projectile is so easy that it literally happens naturally without thought because people never walk in straight predictable paths long enough.

Lower cast time, .5s, maybe faster projectile. Very easy fix

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:It doesn't need to be .25s but .75 is so stupid when you look at engi rifle 4 or ranger lb 4 which both have .5s cast times.

Not only does it have a slow projectile which is easy enough to react to, it's also an AIMED skill. Its already easy enough to counter strafe auto lock projectiles. Avoiding an aimed skill with a .75s cast time and slow projectile is so easy that it literally happens naturally without thought because people never walk in straight predictable paths long enough.

Lower cast time, .5s, maybe faster projectile. Very easy fix

pbs and overcharged are also single target, they dont destroy projectiles and dont blind