WVW Changes over the years

Amicas Freewalker.7643

I have a big problem with fields reaching up 25ft towers and covering whole walk ways, making siege placement a waste of time. Now ground troops can take out towers in very little time. In the beginning (old school days lol) It was siege vs siege then ground attack. Any body else got a problem with this? Why even have towers in that case, make it open field battle roman style.

Yeah, this is a nightmare especially when there are a lot of necros and eles. The entire ramparts are usually covered in aoes. I would really like to see what wvw would be like without this for a day or two to get a feel for just how big of a change it is. Also, if they can hit me from the ramparts on the ground, I should also be able to hit them (targeted attacks). There seems to strange LOS issues at times on the ground shooting up.

Anet would had tweaked that if they didnt want to happen.. saddly this is a AOE spam game to make players getting carried easilly...AC's to be used on walls and on some tower places u need to "gltich" them almost inside de wall to last some more time, some towers like jerrifer has a baclwall spot that ac's wont hit or can be aoe'ed from the ground. that makes the only way to defend is a treb over keep lords room wich needs several due the ammount of proxy catas on that spot.

There were quite some sujestions in the past, but none could be adapted due ideal conflict from what the game is about or due tecnical issues.

imo all structures neeed to be redesigned... but we know how that is impossible... since they are ment ot be lost over time to avoid wvw staleness.

Dawdler.8521.. sadly with PoF lameness will get worse -.-" Anet instead of tweak back the boons to the gw1 versions of shouts/stances etc... adds more aoe spam, more boon spam and more boon removal.. it will be super mindless gemplay of boon corruption and aoe condi spam ever worse that we have now...

sometimes idk where they have such bad ideas,.,, :\

@Aeolus.3615 said:Anet would had tweaked that if they didnt want to happen.. saddly this is a AOE spam game to make players getting carried easilly...This.Used to play shout warrior in a guild. took a break and when i came back fighting was a painfull waiting game who will move first. after another break i'm back now and it got even worse.in my limited gametime i want some intense fights. nowadays an evening in wvw means two encounters each with an halfhour staredown, some aoe spam and some circeling and then we all go to bed

Archived