Mounts combat

I started playing the game couple months ago. I love the implementation of mounts, but I don't understand why can't we use them more often in combat. I would love to be able to use the mounts more often while in combat, it will make the game experience so much better.So why did Anet make it to not be able to mount while in combat? Am I the only one who thinks they should remove that and give us more freedom with the use of mounts? Thanks!

they didn't want people to fight mounted all the time because it's objectively cooler and they didn't want to make the foot combat obsolete.They have to make sure the community can't go toward extremes.Still I would love a mastery called mounted combat that allowes you to combat while mounted for like 1 minutes or so, like some skills transformations, just to spice things up.Also something that would not break the meta would be adding aerial dogfights with griffons and skyskales...I was actually surprised they didn't implement anything like that in the past LS

It could also be because they wouldn't be able to simply let us use our normal skills while mounted. Some of them might work, like some of the ranged skills, but others would have to be replaced with new versions just for mounted combat. That's never been popular in this game. One reason given why some people don't like underwater combat is because they don't like having so many skills disabled or working in different ways. It's not the only issue, but it's one of them. Similarly story instances where you have to use different skills (like the Season 2 ones where you're playing Caithe) are very unpopular and cause a lot of frustration.

If I remember correctly the few places in PoF where you're given different skills make it optional, you can switch back to your normal skills at any time and just do it that way if you prefer. I doubt they'd go to the trouble of doing that and then give everyone a separate set of mounted skills to use.

It would also be another set of skills they'd have to balance, with the added complication that if they're good enough to be worth using players will complain PoF is 'pay to win' and gives you an unfair advantage (in addition to the existing complaints about the elite specs, for exactly the same reason) and if they're not as good as dismounting PoF owners will be disappointed they're not getting the full benefit of the expansion.

I think it could be fun, but I understand why they don't do it. Also I have no idea how mounted combat on a griffon, against enemies on the ground, would work.

I don't meant to be no restriction or give us new skills. While in combat to have a cooldown like a minute or two. e.g. finish a pack of mobs and then mount on the raptor jump to the next pack and use skill to pull together mobs. That won't make the foot combat obsolete or require any further implementation, will just make overall experience more fun using the already implemented system.
I am not expecting them to implement a whole new mounts combat system. Just wish to give a a bit more freedom to the existing system.

@Hyllus.5632 said:I don't meant to be no restriction or give us new skills. While in combat to have a cooldown like a minute or two. e.g. finish a pack of mobs and then mount on the raptor jump to the next pack and use skill to pull together mobs. That won't make the foot combat obsolete or require any further implementation, will just make overall experience more fun using the already implemented system.

I am not expecting them to implement a whole new mounts combat system. Just wish to give a a bit more freedom to the existing system.

e.g. finish a pack of mobs and then mount on the raptor jump to the next pack and use skill to pull together mobs.

This example is already possible to do so donno why your asking them to implement it.One reason could be it would be to easy to escape combat if you could mount up in the middle of it.For example getting low on health mount up on skyscale dubble spin away up into the air then when the skill ends deploy glider and activate stealth.

Technically you can mount combat on some maps if you pickup items with special action like those spears in Dragonfall.Can throw them while mounted which is a lot of fun.

There's some kind of magma bomb too which you can throw from the back of a Skyscale like you're doing a bombing run ^^ fun stuff.

@casualkenny.9817 said:think it was a wasted opportunity for the final fight in DWC, where everyone just holds that crappy auto-aim bazooka and press 1.

they could have the cow launcher launch players up to fire (and dodge counter-fire) while using sky/griff/glider/parachute

like that charzoka alot more then the one in strike were you sometimes dont get the white dot aka action cam and then cant hit the choppers at all.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Hyllus.5632 said:I don't meant to be no restriction or give us new skills. While in combat to have a cooldown like a minute or two. e.g. finish a pack of mobs and then mount on the raptor jump to the next pack and use skill to pull together mobs. That won't make the foot combat obsolete or require any further implementation, will just make overall experience more fun using the already implemented system.

e.g. finish a pack of mobs and then mount on the raptor jump to the next pack and use skill to pull together mobs.

This example is already possible to do so donno why your asking them to implement it.One reason could be it would be to easy to escape combat if you could mount up in the middle of it.For example getting low on health mount up on skyscale dubble spin away up into the air then when the skill ends deploy glider and activate stealth.

It is not really possible. Most of the time take to long for your character to be out of combat.I can see your point, people will certainly use it to escape combat when low on health.