Protect Me!

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said :"Protect Me!": Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from granting barrier while the ranger was merged with their pet as a soulbeastI thought that the barrier not scaling with healing power was the bug they were going to fix.....Welp, it wasn t a bug after all. So can we plz nerf this skill which is almost like a 2nd heal? Like give break stun and protection the ranger and the barrier to the pet. Or just simply remove the barrier.Break stun + barrier is the direct opposite of CC + damage. The latter got nerfed because it was too oppressive, why add the first then?

The barrier 100% needs to go away and is too strong. It's a 24 second cooldown 4k barrier when most heal skills heal for 6k. On top of rangers already superior healing(9k troll urgent is one of the strongest heals in the game, and their other heals are powerful as well), you have a crazy tanky class with too much sustain.

Please remove the barrier and probably nerf rangers healing skills as well.

soulbeast doesn't run protect me , only core bunker ranger and condi rev is a better bunker option. maybe look at your own class before wanting nerfs to another one. crev is prob the most overperforming far option atm. so we're left with you wanting to nerf 2 things on a class that isn't even meta anymore.

@"iKagura.1903" said:soulbeast doesn't run protect me , only core bunker ranger and condi rev is a better bunker option. maybe look at your own class before wanting nerfs to another one. crev is prob the most overperforming far option atm. so we're left with you wanting to nerf 2 things on a class that isn't even meta anymore.You do know that nerfs aren't mutually exclusives right? You can nerf more than 1 thing at the time. So the whole "they re bigger issues at the moment" isn't relevant. Especially in this case where the barrier coefficient is obviously an oversight. It is not something that needs weeks of thinking.At least, in a way, you agreed with me because you don't want it to be nerfed not because "it's fine", but because the class isn't meta (It actually is but whatever). You re way less biased than that other guy.Being meta or not has nothing to do with the need for nerfs. Anet should only nerf what is broken independently form the class/build/meta. And again in the case of "protect of me!", this is more like fixing an oversight than nerfing a skill.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@"iKagura.1903" said:soulbeast doesn't run protect me , only core bunker ranger and condi rev is a better bunker option. maybe look at your own class before wanting nerfs to another one. crev is prob the most overperforming far option atm. so we're left with you wanting to nerf 2 things on a class that isn't even meta anymore.You do know that nerfs aren't mutually exclusives right? You can nerf more than 1 thing at the time. So the whole "they re bigger issues at the moment" isn't relevant. Especially in this case where the barrier coefficient is obviously an oversight. It is not something that needs weeks of thinking.At least, in a way, you agreed with me because you don't want it to be nerfed not because "it's fine", but because the class isn't meta (It actually is but whatever). You re way less biased than that other guy.Being meta or not has nothing to do with the need for nerfs. Anet should only nerf what is broken independently form the class/build/meta. And again in the case of "protect of me!", this is more like fixing an oversight than nerfing a skill.

im not saying "this is better than that so focus on that" , core ranger that exclusively uses this is literally not even meta anymore, it's not even an offender build and not even useful anymore is my point unless you want to sit on far and be SOMEWHAT useful (again , crev is more useful at this). power soulbeast with WS/BM/SB is actually better as a roamer option now lol and that uses sic'em not protect me.

if it was a top leading build that offered high value for little work then you'd have a point but it doesn't, when focused it gets wrecked. if you can't focus a target then it's not the build, it's you.

and no, core ranger is not meta NOW , crev bumped it out of the meta because it's more offensive and has more tank against +1's , if that wasn't the case, top players wouldn't abuse crev on far over bunker core ranger and since most top players also stream it's very easy to understand this fact.

nade holo and crev are the BEST pug carries in the game, core ranger isn't even remotely close to carrying games. it's annoying and it's decent but not a great build because it can't handle +1's well. it can only use it's mobility to leave the point whereas crev can actually sustain +1's due to it's resistance, cc and weapon kit (shield and staff) design.

my point is you want to nerf a class that isn't even used as a meta option anymore because you can't focus a target. there's a massive difference between the build overperforming and you underperforming.

@"iKagura.1903" said:

im not saying "this is better than that so focus on that" , core ranger that exclusively uses this is literally not even meta anymore, it's not even an offender build and not even useful anymore is my point unless you want to sit on far and be SOMEWHAT useful (again , crev is more useful at this). power soulbeast with WS/BM/SB is actually better as a roamer option now lol and that uses sic'em not protect me.

if it was a top leading build that offered high value for little work then you'd have a point but it doesn't, when focused it gets wrecked. if you can't focus a target then it's not the build, it's you.

and no, core ranger is not meta NOW , crev bumped it out of the meta because it's more offensive and has more tank against +1's , if that wasn't the case, top players wouldn't abuse crev on far over bunker core ranger and since most top players also stream it's very easy to understand this fact.

nade holo and crev are the BEST pug carries in the game, core ranger isn't even remotely close to carrying games. it's annoying and it's decent but not a great build because it can't handle +1's well. it can only use it's mobility to leave the point whereas crev can actually sustain +1's due to it's resistance, cc and weapon kit (shield and staff) design.

my point is you want to nerf a class that isn't even used as a meta option anymore because you can't focus a target. there's a massive difference between the build overperforming and you underperforming.

Brah I have been playing soulbeast bunker since before big patch, in fact I didn’t know anyone else on NA that thought it was playable yet I brought it to top 10. And core bunker ranger and alittle of the BM, WS soulbeast build. BM WS Soulbeast is not better at roaming than core, it has alittle more mobility and some modest support methods, but it’s damage is piss poor. A core bunker build with The extra traitline and a damage amulet can actually burst incredibly hard in a team fight and has some mobility, it can take out players in team fights like a thief than actually go side node cuz both are best in 1v1s. So imo your 100% wrong on that no damage = bad roamer.As far as meta bunker core is one of the strongest builds rn, but it maybe true that ppl didn’t play much in mota. All that means is it didn’t quiet for their comp. it is definitely incredibly good rn possibly meta even, whether or not it fits into ppl comps. That just means it doesn’t work cause they are countered comp, not that bunker ranger isn’t viable.Edit: I mean u might be doing some damage if your talking about sic em sniper with taking absolutely everything for damage, but still your wrong it’s not better than core rn, also it isn’t as good at 1v1ing either so my comment stands

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@"iKagura.1903" said:soulbeast doesn't run protect me , only core bunker ranger and condi rev is a better bunker option. maybe look at your own class before wanting nerfs to another one. crev is prob the most overperforming far option atm. so we're left with you wanting to nerf 2 things on a class that isn't even meta anymore.You do know that nerfs aren't mutually exclusives right? You can nerf more than 1 thing at the time. So the whole "they re bigger issues at the moment" isn't relevant.

You do know if they nerfed everything people came to the forums to whine about, there would literally be nothing left right?

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@"iKagura.1903" said:

Brah I have been playing soulbeast bunker since before big patch, in fact I didn’t know anyone else on NA that thought it was playable yet I brought it to top 10. And core bunker ranger and alittle of the BM, WS soulbeast build. BM WS Soulbeast is not better at roaming than core, it has alittle more mobility and some modest support methods, but it’s damage is kitten poor. A core bunker build with The extra traitline and a damage amulet can actually burst incredibly hard in a team fight and has some mobility, it can take out players in team fights like a thief than actually go side node cuz both are best in 1v1s. So imo your 100% wrong on that no damage = bad roamer.As far as meta bunker core is one of the strongest builds rn, but it maybe true that ppl didn’t play much in mota. All that means is it didn’t quiet for their comp. it is definitely incredibly good rn possibly meta even, whether or not it fits into ppl comps. That just means it doesn’t work cause they are countered comp, not that bunker ranger isn’t viable.Edit: I mean u might be doing some damage if your talking about sic em sniper with taking absolutely everything for damage, but still your wrong it’s not better than core rn, also it isn’t as good at 1v1ing either so my comment stands

core ranger is not a better far option than crev, it's simple lol.. if you're denying that or even arguing it then you're delusional. nade holo is even better at carrying pugs at far in duo than core ranger. core ranger just isn't as good anymore man and since core bunker just received more nerfs it's DEFINITELY not as good anymore.

here's a little 101 for you. if you are roaming, you need to have damage and enough damage to justify the +1 in a specific amount of time while your team on the other end of the map is getting outmatched. if you do no damage and you're roaming and most likely +1'ing as a result of that roam then you are wasting time. if you do no damage and you're roaming and +1'ing , you are stupid and not doing your role and you are hindering your teammates.

@"iKagura.1903" said:

@"iKagura.1903" said:

Brah I have been playing soulbeast bunker since before big patch, in fact I didn’t know anyone else on NA that thought it was playable yet I brought it to top 10. And core bunker ranger and alittle of the BM, WS soulbeast build. BM WS Soulbeast is not better at roaming than core, it has alittle more mobility and some modest support methods, but it’s damage is kitten poor. A core bunker build with The extra traitline and a damage amulet can actually burst incredibly hard in a team fight and has some mobility, it can take out players in team fights like a thief than actually go side node cuz both are best in 1v1s. So imo your 100% wrong on that no damage = bad roamer.As far as meta bunker core is one of the strongest builds rn, but it maybe true that ppl didn’t play much in mota. All that means is it didn’t quiet for their comp. it is definitely incredibly good rn possibly meta even, whether or not it fits into ppl comps. That just means it doesn’t work cause they are countered comp, not that bunker ranger isn’t viable.Edit: I mean u might be doing some damage if your talking about sic em sniper with taking absolutely everything for damage, but still your wrong it’s not better than core rn, also it isn’t as good at 1v1ing either so my comment stands

core ranger is not a better far option than crev, it's simple lol.. if you're denying that or even arguing it then you're delusional. nade holo is even better at carrying pugs at far in duo than core ranger. core ranger just isn't as good anymore man and since core bunker just received more nerfs it's DEFINITELY not as good anymore.

here's a little 101 for you. if you are roaming, you need to have damage and enough damage to justify the +1 in a specific amount of time while your team on the other end of the map is getting outmatched. if you do no damage and you're roaming and most likely +1'ing as a result of that roam then you are wasting time. if you do no damage and you're roaming and +1'ing , you are stupid and not doing your role and you are hindering your teammates.

Crevs ate it this patch. Not only will they not be able to 1v1 everyone (I could already shred crevs on side nodes with my condi Soulbeast), but they won't be able to withstand getting +1'd with the massive nerfs to their sustain now.

Crevs got the shave they needed, and multiple ranger builds will be as good if not better options on side nodes.

I don't think you qualify to give 101's to anyone.

@"iKagura.1903" said:

@"iKagura.1903" said:

I havent seen the patch notes. While it is true condi rev is busted, a core bunker ranger with valk and marks can often get kills on condi rev, has the ability to decap condi rev and also keep a condi rev so pressured that they either die or need to run to the hills on a plus. Condi rev is good but it’s not good enough to push core ranger out of meta nor is it op enough to make everyone in the game ignore the other most broken things in the game.Edit: looking at patch notes and core bunker ranger looks to be like the least nerfed spec in while thing. What delusions? Core bunker was already a tough match up for crev and nades holo and now it’s looking like ppl will avoid those making the already impressive core bunker a possible meta option in both mats and ranked where it was already amazing in ranked and daily ats