soul beast at high lv contant

BadSanta.6527

The only competitive use I can see is a possible replacing of the beastmastery line in the condition ranger build. You'd likely see a DPS increase from the beast skills, better traits, and meld stat bonus.

I can't see what it would be used for outside of this unfortuantly. Druid is better for damage support than stances and power builds will still lag behind.

However that could all change when we see the balance patch they have planned. If stances for instance were their full duration, it could possibly be strong in the support/damage role, akin to a condition Druid.

if Soulbeast buffs the base ranger condi build at all we'll have a new meta condi dps build. Due to damage coefficients on our weapons I don't see power dps as being a viable option in PVE Raids right now. Anet could always tweak those numbers after release if the spec lags behind that much but I wouldn't hold my breath. Druid will still likely be the meta primary healer/buffer when needed for raids.

@Prophet.1584 said:if Soulbeast buffs the base ranger condi build at all we'll have a new meta condi dps build. Due to damage coefficients on our weapons I don't see power dps as being a viable option in PVE Raids right now. Anet could always tweak those numbers after release if the spec lags behind that much but I wouldn't hold my breath. Druid will still likely be the meta primary healer/buffer when needed for raids.

As long as condition sees use, I doubt they will bother messing with power options at all.

Despite the aimless design of the traits, the dagger is clearly a condition weapon so they likely intended the SB to be a condition spec in the first place.

@ProtoMarcus.7649 said:For raids I have a hard time seeing how Soulbeast can replace druid

For fractals, it loses a bit of team buff but the self DPS should be higher

Still feel Druid would be best in fractals too

I won't replace druid ofc but elite specs aren't designed to replace each other. The hope should be it's a good enough dps option to earn a place in raids

@meeflak.9714 said:

@ProtoMarcus.7649 said:For raids I have a hard time seeing how Soulbeast can replace druid

I won't replace druid ofc but elite specs aren't designed to replace each other. The hope should be it's a good enough dps option to earn a place in raids

no one talking about replace , we are talking about an alternative but idont think soul beast can be an alternative for ranger and ican see teams asking from ranger player to switch to druids

@BadSanta.6527 said:

@meeflak.9714 said:

no one talking about replace , we are talking about an alternative but idont think soul beast can be an alternative for ranger and ican see teams asking from ranger player to switch to druids

I responded to a specific comment... Where it says " for raids I have a hard time seeing how soulbeast can replace druid" so I said " it won't replace druid ofc" do you need more context?

Edit: people will ask you to play druid if they need a druid.. I was saying. The hope is soul beast will work as a dps option...

Archived