Alpha Beetle — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Alpha Beetle

My quest for my roller beetle has come to an abrupt stop with this achievement. Been looking for a group since yesterday to kill this Alpha beetle, been clearing the Far Silverwastes map and making the event spawn, putting my group up in LFG in several tabs, I think there is not a single soul left on this planet who seeks to do this event, even less come to help someone who does. Hell, three quarters of the people on this deserted map don't even know how to get there. Sometimes I see a poor sod asking "anybody on the map?", often left unanswered, makes the wait not only tediously long, but also pretty sad.
Been trying to solo it, combat takes forever, and with my light character one mistake is enough to get me killed gg no re. From my point of view, it's perhaps time to switch back this damned beetle to a bronze or silver state instead of a gold one... My two cents.

A good day to all.

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

If I'm online and it's EU, I'm happy to camp it with you until you get it

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Ooops.8694Ooops.8694 Member ✭✭

Alpha beetles are just supposed to be that hard. When people still did the collection on masse the beetle was therefore bugged and you had to camp there for a week or more hoping to finally see it spawn :-D

• DaFishBob.6518DaFishBob.6518 Member ✭✭✭

It wasn't bugged, it was getting killed by a huge mob of players trying to unlock the beetle. Anet responded by turning the veteran into a champion. Now the mob is gone, having no reason to fight it so people who are alone will have trouble with this now. The event should have been made to scale with the number of people in the Far Silverwastes instead of being a flat upgrade to champion to avoid this problem.

• Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭

What class are you playing? Maybe it would be possible to solo this one. I did when I was working on my beetle.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kodama.6453 said:
    What class are you playing? Maybe it would be possible to solo this one. I did when I was working on my beetle.

Just for reference, the op has completed this now

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Kodama.6453 said:

Just for reference, the op has completed this now

Alright, thanks for the update.

• keenedge.9675keenedge.9675 Member ✭✭✭

At the spawn location for the Alpha beetle, you MUST kill lessers to make it spawn. It'll never pop by only waiting. It was like this BEFORE beetle saddle parts.

Moral Statute Machine: John Spartan, you are fined five credits for repeated violations of the verbal morality statute.

• Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭✭

It was a tough fight but I was able to do it with 1 other person.

• Taril.8619Taril.8619 Member ✭✭✭

I did it solo as Druid.

Basically, I ran around in circles spam healing myself for about 40 minutes while my pet slowly whittled it down.

Not the most efficient way to beat it... But whatever, it worked xD

Cat: Meow.