Showcase your Ranger!

Alwayshappy.2549

@katz.8376 said:FOf8mEN.jpg

Swaggering hatWinter's PresenceKrytan jerkinSneakthief legs and bootsChaos glovesLight of DwaynaHolo sword + super warhorn

Celestial, Electro Blue, and Amenityi'm very bright and shiny. people like to kill me first in wvw. XD

How is ranger in wvw I have zerker ascended atm that I stole off my thief lol

• 2 months later...

Name: LydaeiaRace: SylvariGender: FemaleCycle: Day, SummerProfession: Ranger (Druid/Soulbeast)Order: Priory (Explorer)Tenet: "Act with wisdom, but act."Favourite stanza of a sylvari poem: "I am the ebb and flow of sap in the trees. My ears fill with the patter of paws on bark, of the songs of cicadas and bees.”

http://i66.tinypic.com/2nsyrnl.jpg

"The four winds are pushing at my back; they fill my sails with whispers of new sounds, smells, sights, and tastes. I sway in the eager winds, the vanguards of the thunderstorm—do I stay, or do I go? For this home is where I slept, where I dreamt, where I awakened and where I learned. But I am a student of summer, a child of midday. In the Dream of Dreams I slept, and refuse I did the call to awake for adventure was in the dreams of others—from them I saw great mountains of squared stone and a giant tree made of blackened metal. From them I saw a vast landscape of sand and an ocean that stretched on for eternity. From my brothers and their eyes I saw faces of greed and graciousness, from my sisters I saw faces of desire and derision. From their dreams I dreamt of trade and travel, books and bows, and learned of language--along with a bountiful crop of odds and ends. Slept, I did, drawing in with voracious avarice to the last drop of what the Mother Tree could feed to me through her veins. With an unquenchable thirst for adventure and an insatiable appetite for the world of Tyria, I drank the intoxicating ambrosial sap of knowledge. I slept until the crest of midday, roused by the garish light in eyes blinded by brightness, but wide with wonder--through her Pale veins, was I born into this world."

http://i64.tinypic.com/zy7h2t.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@"Durzlla.6295" To embed an image like the ones above, you need to upload the image to one of the supported host websites https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9428/forum-update-images/p1. You then need to get the url for that upload and insert it into the following text block (removing the dashes at the start, those are just there so that you can see the formatting):!-[]-(urlgoeshere.filetype "")

Anyway, time for my ranger's fashion shoot. There are not a lot of asura pictures here, and not a lot of pictures of rangers who use guns. Time to fix both of these things!ut9xQHq.jpgI'm still working on the look of my condi pistol build, might post that up at some point if I can figure something out.

@Durzlla.6295 said:Ok... so maybe I’m stupid, but how in the world do you upload pictures nowadays? I tried to share my ranger pics yesterday and it was like hitting my head against a brick wall...On the right of the control bar is a picture with a drop-down menu to add a link to an image from one of the approved image/video services. (Tumblr, Imgur, YouTube, and Instagram)That's a new feature! :D (Previously, I added my images by quoting someone else's image post and editing it with my own info.)

@"Durzlla.6295" said:Ok... so maybe I’m stupid, but how in the world do you upload pictures nowadays? I tried to share my ranger pics yesterday and it was like hitting my head against a brick wall...

Sure.When right clicking on a picture in your browser you can choose something like "Copy Image Location", "Copy Image Web Address" or "Copy Image URL" or something similar (exactly what it'll say depends on both your language settings, obviously, but it can also differ a bit from browser to browser). If you want to post a GW2 picture then you can follow these simple steps:a) Take a screenshot ingame using the "print screen" key on your keyboard.b) Find the screenshot in the appropriate folder (by default it should be in User > Documents > Guild Wars 2 > Screens unless I am mistaken).c) Use a site like https://imgur.com or Facebook to upload it online (as for imgur, simply click "New Post" and select your screenshot either by pulling the picture from the folder to the Imgur window or locating it manually through "browse")d) Once you have the picture infront of you in your browser, right click the picture and choose "Copy Image URL" or something similar (as mentioned above).e) Click on the "Image" picture in the comment box here on the GW2 forums (at the top of the comment box) and paste the link ( ctrl V ). You can use the Preview option down below (next to Edit) if you want to make sure that your image is visable.

Let me know if it is not working or if I explained it too poorly :)

Archived