add pips eotm

Sovereign.1093

Wouldn't it be easier to modify the way a fight works in a 3 way "lobby" to provide rewards perhaps even dailies, rather than continue to argue week after week about (full servers, link servers, too much blobbing,, not enough blobbing, too many ganking roamers, not enough roamers, pvp in wvw, etc etc etc)?

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Wouldn't it be easier to modify the way a fight works in a 3 way "lobby" to provide rewards perhaps even dailies, rather than continue to argue week after week about (full servers, link servers, too much blobbing,, not enough blobbing, too many ganking roamers, not enough roamers, pvp in wvw, etc etc etc)?

I would think so as well. But then again, I don't think ANet would agree. And ANet's opinion is the only one that matters.

@Swamurabi.7890 said:You can afk in OS, not in a WvW map. Nice try though.

I can AFK wherever I want tbh and nothing will happen as long I keep comming back to refresh my participation. I think the deal here is to minimize the people that only do that by allowing them to do it on EotM instead of WvW. That would also reduce the false player hours/activity on servers that are keeping the majority of them locked.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

I can AFK wherever I want tbh and nothing will happen as long I keep comming back to refresh my participation. I think the deal here is to minimize the people that only do that by allowing them to do it on EotM instead of WvW. That would also reduce the false player hours/activity on servers that are keeping the majority of them locked.

First of all, if you are refreshing your participation, you're not afk. Secondly, allowing pips in EotM won't increase players in WvW and allowing rewards for EotM in the past was bad for both WvW and EotM. Lastly, I really don't think that player AFK time is pushing servers up past the locked status threshold. Since Anet is rather quiet about the full status threshold and how it's calculated I don't really think any player knows why the threshold is set where it is at.

@Swamurabi.7890 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

First of all, if you are refreshing your participation, you're not afk. Secondly, allowing pips in EotM won't increase players in WvW and allowing rewards for EotM in the past was bad for both WvW and EotM. Lastly, I really don't think that player AFK time is pushing servers up past the locked status threshold. Since Anet is rather quiet about the full status threshold and how it's calculated I don't really think any player knows why the threshold is set where it is at.

All they say is that it is calculated by "Hours and Activity" and I don't really think there is any reliable way of gauging who is afk on spawn and who is actively playing when you are counting their playtime.Also I never said allowing pips in EotM would increase WvW activity. In fact, it problably will drop since all the pip farmers will most likely move there. But that would most likely lead to opening the closed servers since the activity would drop all across the board.And being afk for 9 minutes and then showing up to flip a camp and refresh my participation to afk for another 9 minutes isn't exactly what I'd call actively playing. I'm personally guilty of doing that many times.... In fact I'm doing it right now because of how boring my current matchup is.

Archived