I small concern about weaver/sword (only 180 melee range)

Vissarion.6509

Since the concept of elementalist is to swap attunements instead of weapons, we get to have 1 weapon only and use 4 different elements.

Previous weapons like dagger gave you the ability to have on AA (water) 600 range, while the rest was 450 range. That is a nice choice to have for encounters that you cant go very close (bosses, etc.), or kite them around.

Now we get to have one new weapon, Sword, all AA chains have 180 range, and you get to lock into full melee the whole fight, you can't swap while in combat, and you really don't have any option to range something from distance if u need/want. I think this will lead to some occasions where you wont be able to DPS if u are on sword.

Maybe this will lead for people to not use sword that much in pve since it will feel really underpowered in many situations, ele is already the most squishy class, many encounters you need to kite them to survive, and barrier doesn't feel that impactful to help you go in melee range.

That is a something small, i just wanted to get it out, since i feel forced to use staff since release and i wanted a new feel on the class but i think sword wont give us that ability.

PS: next elite spec weapon, pls be Greatsword and have it ranged weapon with cool skills, so we can use it instead of staff.

A build with max power using PvP Berserker Amulet

Dagger has almost 45% more damage than Sword. On top of that, you have to endure the long cast chain to get the suppar damage too. What do you get in return? Shorter range, and 2s swiftness. They need to up Sword damage 50% to even be on par with the trade off of being a melee weapon (for the class with lowest HP/Armor no less),

From a risk - reward standpoint sword falls horribly flat, so much so that I have little doubt that the sword is currently under tuned in fear of potential massive power creep (though it is a high risk - reward specialization / weapon so i'm not sure why they're afraid to show it boasting strong numbers). I'm really hoping that in 7 days we see some very strong buffs to put this hard set melee bruiser in a good position.

• 10 months later...

today July 2018 I just want to join the opinion saying that indeed a melee this vulnerable it almost fees unreal for an Elementalist Class. Ranged damage should have been added at least with one atunement. im getting frustrated by the "glassiness" of this build du to this distance restrictive.

That never made any sense to me, coming into PoF with Weaver sword that should shoot some type of projection or something.

Which brings me back to what I was saying the 2nd week of PoF launch...With a weapon like that at such a short range , weaver should of been

a more 'Tank' profession at the very least...it would of made more sense but people shunned that idea along with putting mounts in the game,

smh.

Archived