Plague Sending is dead

DreamyLove.8947

@Zefiris.8297 said:May actually be a buff for scourge, especially if you aren't running condi transfers. Make sure BiP -> F5 is done, for added damage :)

for Scourge.... i do not give a fuck about Scourge!!! for Reaper do not work. I am testing my reaper right now and there is no way it works it is totally dead class right now.

@DreamyLove.8947 said:the bad thing is it ask u "entering shroud"this is realy bad on pvp/wvw

and on pve is also some bad too

1. u wanna save shound for save ur life
  2. u don't wanna enter shound skill for make cond transfer
  3. not work on non-shound
  4. dealy ( because u need have cond > enter > hit, the old is u have cond > hitThe trait is great, considering that it is just an adept trait. You usually (well you should) enter shroud when someone engages you to sustain the burst while counterbursting. I hope you are not this kind of player who enters shroud for the first time in a fight, when you are at 20% health.
  • if a thief engages you: transfer weakness / poison / blind
  • if an S/D thief engages you: transfer immob
  • if a burn guard engages you: transfer burns
  • if trap DH engages you: transfer cripple
  • if a ranger knocks you back: transfer immob to him or his pet... and in a lot of other scenarios it's still a nice relibale condi cleanse. Plague Sending was useless at higher skill-levels as you could not use it strategically. And even if it was not on CD, it was often worse because it needed 3 conditions at once to trigger. The 40s CD was also a joke.

And you have always to think about the fact that every transfer adds trash conditions to your own soft cc or damaging conditions making it more difficult for your opponent to cleanse them.

One of the best balance changes for necro in this update. In most scenarios it outperforms the Speed of Shadows condi removal. That's another reason to run Curses over Soul Reaping.

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Zefiris.8297 said:May actually be a buff for scourge, especially if you aren't running condi transfers. Make sure BiP -> F5 is done, for added damage :)

for Scourge.... i do not give a kitten about Scourge!!! for Reaper do not work. I am testing my reaper right now and there is no way it works it is totally dead class right now.

What is stopping you from using Blood is Power, then switching into shroud?

it is dead for reapers for sure, also killed a couple working builds for reapre who were focusing on corruption and fill yourself with condition to then send them to your opponent.

BUT HEY IT IS AMAZING WITH THE NEW SCOURGE, so all is working as intended.

Now go buy the expansion if you haven t done already beacouse otherswise you are totally useless in any game mode.

@ilmau.9781 said:

for Scourge.... i do not give a kitten about Scourge!!! for Reaper do not work. I am testing my reaper right now and there is no way it works it is totally dead class right now.

You shouldn't be in curses if you're Reaper. Condition Reaper is no more now.. It's better as a power than it is condi.

I dislike the plague sending trait change as it was probably the best and only option we had against a Moa Condi Chronomancer.Most Condi Chronos come up to a Necro to Moa and burst him from the start without trying to check/trigger the plague sending trait first.I could in Moa form, rush up to the Chrono and peck him to death by triggering the plague sending trait.I can't do that now since it is tied to shroud entering, which Moa prevents...

@KrHome.1920 said:

@DreamyLove.8947 said:the bad thing is it ask u "entering shroud"this is realy bad on pvp/wvw

and on pve is also some bad too
  1. u wanna save shound for save ur life
  2. u don't wanna enter shound skill for make cond transfer
  3. not work on non-shound
  4. dealy ( because u need have cond > enter > hit, the old is u have cond > hitThe trait is great, considering that it is just an adept trait. You usually (well you
    should
    ) enter shroud when someone engages you to sustain the burst while counterbursting. I hope you are not this kind of player who enters shroud for the first time in a fight, when you are at 20% health.
  • if a thief engages you: transfer weakness / poison / blind
  • if an S/D thief engages you: transfer immob
  • if a burn guard engages you: transfer burns
  • if trap DH engages you: transfer cripple
  • if a ranger knocks you back: transfer immob to him or his pet... and in a lot of other scenarios it's still a nice relibale condi cleanse. Plague Sending was useless at higher skill-levels as you could not use it strategically. And even if it was not on CD, it was often worse because it needed 3 conditions at once to trigger. The 40s CD was also a joke.

And you have always to think about the fact that every transfer adds trash conditions to your own soft cc or damaging conditions making it more difficult for your opponent to cleanse them.

One of the best balance changes for necro in this update. In most scenarios it outperforms the Speed of Shadows condi removal. That's another reason to run Curses over Soul Reaping.

"if a thief engages you: transfer weakness / poison / blind" The blind will be a problem there - you will not hit and you will not transfer anything and you wasted time in shroud, where every sec is dear now.

"if a burn guard engages you: transfer burns" High risk that the insane burning stacks from a burnguard will depleat your shroud faster then you can get to him.

"if a ranger knocks you back: transfer immob to him or his pet" Your shroud is blown up or so depleated that you have no defence left before you are free (or on your feets after longbow knockback)

Archived