Sooooo how to deal with condi spam in wvsw now?

Cerby.1069

Berserker stance just got gutted. I'm very very very curious why they made these changes. And why on gods green earth anyone needs THAT MUCH ADRENALINE pumping into their build every second.....i got 3 times more than I can spend when I'm in berserker mode.

Were stuck with taking defense line and/or discipline line now it seems. This just seems so broken.

HOw do you fight, as a warrior (a classs that has the shortest melee range), against builds designed to melt things that come near them?

Ur stuck! ur stuck taking cleansing ire! and if you take cleansing ire you are depending on ur burst skill......so certain weapons aren't as viable for it like axe f1 or mace f1.

ur other option is to have to get discipline running so you have fast hands and a clear on swap. Having fast hands allows you to make use of the single condi clear on weapon swap sigil as well. Not having fast hands makes that sigil, and the ohter on hit one, rather ineffective.

ur stuck taking 1 if not 2 of these lines in ur build now to counter conditions. Is that not true? I can't seee another way out of this.

I mean it woulda made HUGE sense to me if they buffed signet of stamina by lowering its cooldown! WE have so few options for getting condi clears and resistance into our builds now. Completely dependent on making builds that use those 2 traitlines now.

@OriOri.8724 said:Oh god, the horror of actually being forced to carry a cleanse with you in order to deal with conditions! How ever will you deal with that? Certainly not like any of the other 8 classes in the game that can't far out resistance.......

I think you got confused. the Mesmer forums are that way ->Tooo much confusion in ur build! haha....condi spammers

@OriOri.8724 said:Oh god, the horror of actually being forced to carry a cleanse with you in order to deal with conditions! How ever will you deal with that? Certainly not like any of the other 8 classes in the game that can't far out resistance.......

As if condi cleanse is even worthwhile in WvW. Anything you clear is just going to be reapplied immediately. May as well bring more condi of your own instead and hope they die first--that's the meta they're forcing on us, because they don't have a clue how to balance their game.

I get your point, but there are never going to be enough cleanses. Farting out resistance isn't the problem, it's the farting out conditions.

Anyway to answer the question, weapon swapping, revenge counter, featherfoot, and moving a lot. Healing signet if I absolutely have to. 1 condition clear on weapon swap seems insignificant, but it's good if you have really high stacks of 1 condition like burn from a Firebrand. Even if that's not the case it adds up. With all that said, it's still impossible to not be absolutely loaded with condis on the front line, so mobility and depending on other classes supporting me is my main answer I guess.

this 4 second uptime of resistance isn't doing anything other than keeping me in the fight for 4 seconds. I immediately melt from any condi applied before, and during the proc of berserker stance. I'd take a 4 second immunity, with no other benefits not even a stunbreak like endure pain has, over this kitten anyday.

I mean I don't get it. its pulsing 1 seconds of resistance 4 times....and im still getting stripped and damage by a single second of ticks in between....is that supposed to happen?!??!

Just seems so ill designed to make resistance pulse every second when condi damage pulses each second..... and if a boonstrip is allowing a 1 second tick of condi in between....that pretty much means stripping any of the 4 resistance strips will yield 1 second of condi damage in between the suppposed invulnerability.

It means you could technically in many situations end up in a fight where you get stripped twice. SO ur 30 second cd berserker stance is only giving you 2 seconds of condi damage immunity. That is such a joke. Thankfully its giving 7 bars OF ADRENALINE PER SECOND THO. THANK THE GODS FOR THAT! Cause thats really useful no doubt.

seems like a hand holdey supplment for pve players whom they assume all run defense line and cleansing ire and need help landing a burst.... cause they die to every little thing in the world. I fail to see what that does for you in wvsw or pvp.....or anywhere that isn't a game of MAD KING SAYS. They won't be happy till they make all modes boring, no doubt haha. Whatever, that's by me!

Every necro, and whatever else, has this 20 second weakness and cripple application attack now.......just sooooo stupid! I can kill them and they can land this attack on me....and literally walk back to where I am while im still limping around. What a joke! I find it funny. good joke! ANd the downed state healing......I think they sped that up even more. I got killed testing junk and I was up in a second.....just no real penalty whatsoever. its truly hilarious what this game has turned into.

@SWI.4127 said:

I get your point, but there are never going to be enough cleanses. Farting out resistance isn't the problem, it's the farting out conditions.

I agree that the condition spam is the source of hte problem. But I'm tired of seeing warriors whine about this. Every other class has had to deal without high resistance uptime for years now since it was introduced. And yet they still manage. Stop acting as if its impossible, because other classes manage just fine without it. Now that you're finally on a balanced level you have no right to whine about it.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

I agree that the condition spam is the source of hte problem. But I'm tired of seeing warriors whine about this. Every other class has had to deal without high resistance uptime for years now since it was introduced. And yet they still manage. Stop acting as if its impossible, because other classes manage just fine without it. Now that you're finally on a balanced level you have no right to whine about it.

I'm not whining personally. People are just looking for answers now that our stance has changed. No need to get bitter about SB being OP before and bringing in comments like "now ur not invincible anymore stop whining!". You even admit condi spam is annoying. It's really frustrating to deal with for everybody. They really need to address this in WvW because it is not even fun at this point.

Anyway to the topic question again...I'd really like to use Warhorn but the fact that you have to take Tactics makes it very hard to commit to.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

Jes its actually quite easy as Mirage, you just have to dodge or press jaunt to cleanse.i admit i play cheese builds, so i changed to Mirage now. They have been the only class i feared as op spellbreaker. Now i joined them

love a bit cleanse keeps the spots down. but here's some appliance of science.....sigil of purity/generosity, 10sec cooldown? nope not really going to help, 1 vs many many many , however the issue here is you need to attack -by the time you get into melee you are going to be riddled. Better to take superior sigil of cleansing (both weapon sets) add it to fast hands and brawlers recovery for a background cleanse, saving utilities for the inevitable 'bomb'. Once into combat the best cleanse is cleansing ire matched with smash brawler, you are going to need eternal champion anyway as you cant take last stand anymore (this is the SB/Berserker trade where you lose resistance from revenge counter and featherfoot) you'll still need to be bursting often so adrenaline is key , tactics gives shake it off and vigorus shouts if you accept you are going to be bunker , or crack shot or furious or axe depending on what you want with the rest of your build. Run a few variations of this, the issue is it's so much of your build you give up alot of offensive opportunities, its better to take resistance on utilities and learn to live in the time gap

I honestly forgot shake it off even existed. Same with healing signet, been using healing signet as my only resistance source now.....its not at all fun though, much prefer defiant stance or better yet blood reckoning.

Thankfully wvsw is a mode where being good at something doesn't really matter, just bring a teammate and ur 3x more powerful. So I'll just not care about being good at anything other than winning. problem solved.

Thankfully our servers are the worst possible pairing imaginable. So thankfully I have lots of gold to spend on a server change cause there's nothing else to spend it on anyways.

I've figured out the solutions to my problems. Thanks all. Server transfer to a solo server that consistently wins, and buddy up for all future play sessions. This was by far the most helpful thread I've ever created. Thankyou all again.

Personally i run Featherfoot - Berserk - Ep on util bar,if you manage to use feather - berserk properly but still getting bombed or ripped afterwards you still have healsig to pop and you should be able to rotate these 3 utils on and off espec now berserk is 30 cd only and make sure one is ready when the other is still on cd while you either play defensive a bit or take some distance if needed,and just be more careful when youre applying pressure in aoe's.

Might also just be best to ignore the people on here that frustrate you and just stay on topic.

@Miko.4158 said:Better to take superior sigil of cleansing (both weapon sets) add it to fast hands and brawlers recovery for a background cleanse,

Sigil of Cleansing is certainly more powerful than it appears, but unless you tend to camp weapons you're better off just putting it on one. The ICD is 9s (iirc) so you won't get much value by putting it on your second set.

Runes and foods that reduce condi duration are also excellent for keeping the number of condis on your bar low, which increases the impact if your cleanses (fewer cover condis).

yup you get fast hands for free, I meant if you want cleanse put it on both so which ever way you swap you get the cleanse. However with 5 sec swaps and 9 sec cooldown its recharged before you swap for the 3rd time, if you are using it as a background cleanse it helps not to have to think which weapon swap its on...its ok, I think its stronger than on hit.

@Choppy.4183 said:

@Miko.4158 said:Better to take superior sigil of cleansing (both weapon sets) add it to fast hands and brawlers recovery for a background cleanse,

Sigil of Cleansing is certainly more powerful than it appears, but unless you tend to camp weapons you're better off just putting it on one. The ICD is 9s (iirc) so you won't get much value by putting it on your second set.

Runes and foods that reduce condi duration are also excellent for keeping the number of condis on your bar low, which increases the impact if your cleanses (fewer cover condis).

Sigil of Cleansing on Dagger/Shield is useful.

Also, people should give Natural Healing a chance. It clears all your conditions, gives you a stack of Attacker's Insight per self-boon removed and heals you for 12k, pretty much resetting the fight. It is more HPS than Healing Signet and you reapply all your major boons quickly anyway.

@OP I swapped out a sigil on each set. One to Generosity and one to Cleansing. Unfortunately this still wasn't enough for me (on SB, was enough for core) so I had to pick up discipline again for BR and drop Strength. Kinda sucks 'cause I was thoroughly enjoying my Mighty Makin' Righty Dodgin' SB. Oh well, at least I still have it for core.

@Kontrolle.3514 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

Jes its actually quite easy as Mirage, you just have to dodge or press jaunt to cleanse.i admit i play cheese builds, so i changed to Mirage now. They have been the only class i feared as op spellbreaker. Now i joined them

If you went on the mesmer forums, you'd notice that quite a few of us are not happy with elusive mind, as its way, way too powerful in its current state, and we don't agree with it being kept like it is. You're more than welcome to crawl through my post history to see that I'm one of them. Traits like that, and stupidly high access to resistance, are fundamentally broken in this game.

I'd love to be able to run warhorn again except anet nerfed it because the only weapon in the game that does absolutely 0 damage was too strong, and for me to even get condi cleanse I'd have to drop something for tactics which then has me running not the most optimal builds, if you wan to do anything that does damage. I'd end up running something a little more bunker like which there are tons of classes out there that bunker better than warrior.

For a long time the warrior class had relied on the berserker stance in order to manage conditions, due to that, their condi cleanses were never properly updated. Now that the stance is gutted, the previous problem will resurface. It's very clear that warrior is not in the same position as the rest of the classes.

Most classes have had their cleanses updated (lower cds, wider range of cleanses, short cast times). No other class is forced to be both at melee range and a visible target like warrior is, so you can't say that the rest of the classes deal with this just with cleanses either. The mix between good ranged options, better cleanses, disengage abilities (blinks, invis, jumps, distorts), let other classes keep pressure without having to literally eat every single condition spammed at them.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

@Choppy.4183 said:

Sigil of Cleansing on Dagger/Shield is useful. Also, people should giving Natural Healing a chance. It clears all your conditions, gives you a stack of Attacker's Insight per self-boon removed and heals you for 12k, pretty much resetting the fight. It is more HPS than Healing Signet and you reapply all your major boons quickly anyway.

Wow I completely forgot about this for some reason. I was using that a lot when the expansion first dropped, might have to go back to it with all the boon corruption going around (making resistance less reliable).

@Baltzenger.2467 said:

For a long time the warrior class had relied on the berserker stance in order to manage conditions, due to that, their condi cleanses were never properly updated. Now that the stance is gutted, the previous problem will resurface. It's very clear that warrior is not in the same position as the rest of the classes.

Most classes have had their cleanses updated (lower cds, wider range of cleanses, short cast times). No other class is forced to be both at melee range and a visible target like warrior is, so you can't say that the rest of the classes deal with this just with cleanses either. The mix between good ranged options, better cleanses, disengage abilities (blinks, invis, jumps, distorts), let other classes keep pressure without having to literally eat every single condition spammed at them.

^^^What he said, and the ones that don't have as much condi cleanse are allot better at being slippery, or they fight more ranged. While yes we're for the most part forced into melee range if we want to be at all effective. Our range damage is the worst damage in the game.

@Cerby.1069 said:Berserker stance just got gutted. I'm very very very curious why they made these changes. And why on gods green earth anyone needs THAT MUCH ADRENALINE pumping into their build every second.....i got 3 times more than I can spend when I'm in berserker mode.

Were stuck with taking defense line and/or discipline line now it seems. This just seems so broken.

HOw do you fight, as a warrior (a classs that has the shortest melee range), against builds designed to melt things that come near them?

Ur stuck! ur stuck taking cleansing ire! and if you take cleansing ire you are depending on ur burst skill......so certain weapons aren't as viable for it like axe f1 or mace f1.

ur other option is to have to get discipline running so you have fast hands and a clear on swap. Having fast hands allows you to make use of the single condi clear on weapon swap sigil as well. Not having fast hands makes that sigil, and the ohter on hit one, rather ineffective.

ur stuck taking 1 if not 2 of these lines in ur build now to counter conditions. Is that not true? I can't seee another way out of this.

I mean it woulda made HUGE sense to me if they buffed signet of stamina by lowering its cooldown! WE have so few options for getting condi clears and resistance into our builds now. Completely dependent on making builds that use those 2 traitlines now.

How pretty much everybody else does except maybe mirror condi mes and thieves... you basically run away.

Honestly though, you've always been forced to defense line... Even people take defense and don't even go into cleansing ire. You need defense in a power meta or a condi meta really. The thing about it now is you need to lose some passive stab AND be forced to run balanced in utility slot. This is , what I imagine their reasoning behind lowering the CD. Having to gamble between those.

In reality even with the pre-patch spellbreaker it still couldn't beat good scourges in a strict matchup. Good mechanical players who ran scourge can easily counter a spellbreaker to the point where it comes down to a simple "if warrior does this , do that" and nothing more in-depth in terms of the matchup which is about as bleep bloop as it gets in terms of PvP.

Condi mirage is and will most likely be more godlike in the future. It currently, in my opinion, holds top position over druid especially now with the druid nerfs in terms of far point contesting and can still house portal , game breaking conquest utility alone.

They really need to fix condis in this game in general, but it probably won't happen because they love the style of passive game play with high reward and casual style since they cater to PvE'ers mostly now (notice most top raid builds , if not all are either full support or condi?).

The overall time a warrior needs to stay within enemy condi spam aoe is much longer than the other classes> @OriOri.8724 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

The overall time a warrior needs to stay within enemy condi spam aoe is much longer than the other classes, it is why they need high resistance uptime to actually play as intented. Not that i disagree the resistance uptime is also broken on warrior pre-nerf since not every class can bring an on demand boon removal. Now that resistance is nerfed, it is time to nerf condi spam class wide, and specifically toward couple classes. Namely the classes also extremely good at kiting, avoid getting hit, stealth, teleport etc.

Anyway, i can see its a good start by nerfing warrior resistance, now its time for the root course.

@Crossaber.8934 said:The overall time a warrior needs to stay within enemy condi spam aoe is much longer than the other classes> @OriOri.8724 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

The overall time a warrior needs to stay within enemy condi spam aoe is much longer than the other classes, it is why they need high resistance uptime to actually play as intented. Not that i disagree the resistance uptime is also broken on warrior pre-nerf since not every class can bring an on demand boon removal. Now that resistance is nerfed, it is time to nerf condi spam class wide, and specifically toward couple classes. Namely the classes also extremely good at kiting, avoid getting hit, stealth, teleport etc.

Anyway, i can see its a good start by nerfing warrior resistance, now its time for the root course.

There is no root course. This is it.

You never stopped and wondered why condi was always been exempt to changes for so long? Its been how many years now? Oh ya, since hot launched.

They want to sell hot to people still. That's why it wont' change. THis is why its so alarming. There is no grand plan or passage here.....just is what it is.

Dire and Tb stats..... real world dolla's.

Archived