new feature: relog in wvw and avoid the queue

cyberwolf.5830

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@thesilverdragoon.3078 said:There would be problems with that because if there is a queue, there is no room for you. There should instead be a character swap feature where you don't have to log out.

Make a vendor that charges 50 skirmish tickets each time.

No need for it to cost. Just have a timer.

You talk to an NPC, choose your other character from a list of all your characters, then see the loading screen and respawn at citadel obn the map you are on as your selected character. 30m until you can do it again. Done deal.

For those thinking it ruins it for those in queue... I seriously doubt that. If there is a 50 man queue and someone is on the border they want as the "wrong" class they wouldnt leave anyway. At worst it may have a small impact on already low queues where someone would say yes, I'd risk 10m queue just to swap. A vast majority of people wont use the feature either - 75% of the WvW population is already running scourge and most other run the class they enjoy.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@thesilverdragoon.3078 said:There would be problems with that because if there is a queue, there is no room for you. There should instead be a character swap feature where you don't have to log out.

Make a vendor that charges 50 skirmish tickets each time.

No need for it to cost. Just have a timer.

You talk to an NPC, choose your other character from a list of all your characters, then see the loading screen and respawn at citadel obn the map you are on as your selected character. 30m until you can do it again. Done deal.

I guess I would like more of a discouragement. If there is a queue, there should be a cost.

@Justine.6351 said:No.

Other people deserve a chance to play too.

If I'm with spellbreaker and we need more guardians I'm not relogging and doing 45min/1h queue, I just keep playing spellbreaker. If I would have the possibility to change class then I would just enjoy more the fight with a better comp.Regarding server size I've no idea how they are calculating it but we are also linked with other servers.

This idea keeps popping up, and I'll keep saying no. What makes one person entitled to keep a spot in wvw over another player in queue? Also, consider how bad queues could get (on reset anyway) if this was implemented. You think they're bad now? Just wait until you get stuck in the new perma-class-swap queue. The complaints on the forums would be...amazing.

@primatos.5413 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:If the queue is that bad, then the server is too full. Maybe people need to move?

But they all came there to easy farm pips .. what shall they do instead ? Go and really play WvW ? That´s not what this Gamemode is made for sry :(

Not all, but then they need to suck up the cost then. Or play at different hours.

:p

@cyberwolf.5830 said:

@Justine.6351 said:No.

Other people deserve a chance to play too.

If I'm with spellbreaker and we need more guardians I'm not relogging and doing 45min/1h queue, I just keep playing spellbreaker. If I would have the possibility to change class then I would just enjoy more the fight with a better comp.Regarding server size I've no idea how they are calculating it but we are also linked with other servers.

How many days per week is that happening? I am on what is considered NAs largest server and the only day that happens now is reset.

And if you are needing to switch rooms in the middle of reset I would say your com needs to plan better for their comp.

Archived