Demand Real post game stats!

Genesis.5169

Starting from today i will start my crusade to lobby Anet to allow us to see real post game stats after game instead of percentages. I want to see how many times my ally fed or kill how much damage and healing was done.

I want real post game stats like in every other competitive game.Inb4 GW2 is casual nonsense, pvp is never casual anywhere that PvE safe space baby mind shit doesn't apply here everyone is playing to win in pvp, and if your not thats fine your playing in a normal game instead of ranked.

Or atleast for ranked games give us real post game stats. Criticism is normal in pvp please stop trying to hide from it atleast allow people to have some foundation to be or to criticize some one for good or bad reasons.

@blarghhrrkblah.3412 said:I really don't see why we need this. All this is going to bring is more toxicity.

How so?Really i'd like an explanation on this. I don't know how, post game stats are toxic when they are objective fact based on things that have already happened. You gotta hold my hand on this explain it to me like i am a child and i've never play any competitive game mode before how do end game stats increase toxicity.

@Genesis.5169 said:

@blarghhrrkblah.3412 said:I really don't see why we need this. All this is going to bring is more toxicity.

How so?Really i'd like an explanation on this. I don't know how, post game stats are toxic when they are objective fact based on things that have already happened. You gotta hold my hand on this explain it to me like i am a child and i've never play any competitive game mode before how do end game stats increase toxicity.

By allowing players to see other players' endgame stats, you're basically giving them "justification" to kittentalk any player who didn't perform well during the game. You might call this criticism, but I guarantee it will almost never be constructive.

@Genesis.5169 said:

Player sees someone only did 10% damage, players flames that someone for not doing damage.

Although it would be nice sometimes for when you did well but got no top stats; like you got 25% damage and healing but no top stats so at a quick glance your team thinks you did nothing.

@blarghhrrkblah.3412 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

By allowing players to see other players' endgame stats, you're basically giving them "justification" to kittentalk any player who didn't perform well during the game. You might call this criticism, but I guarantee it will almost never be constructive.

I don't understand how objective facts isn't Justification since u used air quotes can you explain that to me again like a child please. The second part of your sentence is purely subjective.

@KonateTheGreat.2549 said:Every other?

Overwatch has zero of the information you're asking for.

Yep and everyday on the forums people ask for real post game stats to, keep in mind blizzard is the same company that banned "GG EZ" in chat because people are snowflakes.

@KonateTheGreat.2549 said:Every other?

Overwatch has zero of the information you're asking for.

@Flauvious.6195 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

Player sees someone only did 10% damage, players flames that someone for not doing damage.

Although it would be nice sometimes for when you did well but got no top stats; like you got 25% damage and healing but no top stats so at a quick glance your team thinks you did nothing.

Is that not justified? Is the player in said ranked game supposed to do no damage cause the entire team to lose learn nothing from it and get off scott free with not even a wimper? Please like a child explain to me how rewarding people who play badly but hiding that fact from other people is healthly for a competitive game mode again like a child please.

It will just make people who don't seed into gold with competent players never go into ranked because of the quality of players who do just that with and think its fine.

@Genesis.5169 said:

Oh good heavens. I've played games with full stat transparency and this isn't a problem. Most of the time nobody says anything. Yeah sure there will occasionally be that one guy that has to be a jerk, but you just ignore him and move on.

Perpetually obfuscating stuff just because someone somewhere might possibly say something mean is just plain absurdity.

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

I don't understand how objective facts isn't Justification since u used air quotes can you explain that to me again like a child please. The second part of your sentence is purely subjective.

There is nothing that will ever justify anyone treating another person like trash just because they didn't do well in a game, competitive or not.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

Oh good heavens. I've played games with full stat transparency and this isn't a problem. Most of the time nobody says anything. Yeah sure there will occasionally be that one guy that has to be a jerk, but you just ignore him and move on.

Perpetually obfuscating stuff just because someone somewhere might possibly say something mean is just plain absurdity.

It's exactly because of that one guy that I'm opposed to this.

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

There is nothing that will ever justify anyone treating another person like trash just because they didn't do well in a game, competitive or not.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

Ah it makes sense now, you would rather your feelings not be hurt and your jimmies not rustled over anything else. Well you shoulda just said man i don't want my feelings to be hurt in a video game that's a way better way to explain things.

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

Ah it makes sense now, you would rather your feelings not be hurt and your jimmies not rustled over anything else. Well you shoulda just said man i don't want my feelings to be hurt in a video game that's a way better way to explain things.

Maybe you could have just said that all you want is to insult other players to inflate your own ego. That would've been much easier for me than trying to explain what being a decent human being means to a 12 year old forum warrior.

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

Maybe you could have just said that all you want is to insult other players to inflate your own ego. That would've been much easier for me than trying to explain what being a decent human being means to a 12 year old forum warrior.

No i just want post game stats because i like to see how the flow of the games k/d and point control ratios actually affect the game so i can become better at making decisions your the one who kept beating around the bush on why you don't want post game stats.

And what kind of decisions can you make based off of post game stats? You said yourself

@Genesis.5169 said:

Is that not justified? Is the player in said ranked game supposed to do no damage cause the entire team to lose learn nothing from it and get off scott free with not even a wimper? Please like a child explain to me how rewarding people who play badly but hiding that fact from other people is healthly for a competitive game mode again like a child please.

It will just make people who don't seed into gold with competent players never go into ranked because of the quality of players who do just that with and think its fine.

I stated from the start that showing post game stats will only increase toxicity. You proved it for me. Do you think flaming bad players is healthy for competitive game modes?

@blarghhrrkblah.3412 said:And what kind of decisions can you make based off of post game stats? You said yourself

@Genesis.5169 said:

I stated from the start that showing post game stats will only increase toxicity. You proved it for me. Do you think flaming bad players is healthy for competitive game modes?

I think criticizing players for bad decisions is healthy for the game, i also believe having real end game stats is pivotal to learning the finer nuances of SPvP like rotations, and decaping, and how viable healing is.

For example i've seen classes get top healing done who are spec'd for just damage, understanding what classes can or cannot heal residually is key to making perfect builds if you do play a support or supportesque role. I personally play a firebrand, with no healing i often get top healing done when the team doesn't have a dedicated healer i've also seen engineers and mesmers do it as well, knowing that amount of healing classes can do can greatly change the way how you approach your build.

Its same with damage done, seeing post game stats should give you an idea of what kinda damage you should be doing in a game as well. Post game stats aren't always about berating other players that's the assumption and the point you made i just countered that point with "its a fact so it isn't trolling" and that's still mainly true regardless of how the information is conveyed. Please understand purposely hiding information for the purposes of only protecting the people who do not perform is in no way righteous all it does is give a free pass for bad behavior if you look at it from that angle.

But just from a strategic point of just learning the finer ins in outs of a game post game stats are a must.

@Genesis.5169 said:

@blarghhrrkblah.3412 said:And what kind of decisions can you make based off of post game stats? You said yourself

@Genesis.5169 said:

I think criticizing players for bad decisions is healthy for the game, i also believe having real end game stats is pivotal to learning the finer nuances of SPvP like rotations, and decaping, and how viable healing is.

For example i've seen classes get top healing done who are spec'd for just damage, understanding what classes can or cannot heal residually is key to making perfect builds if you do play a support or supportesque role. I personally play a firebrand, with no healing i often get top healing done when the team doesn't have a dedicated healer i've also seen engineers and mesmers do it as well, knowing that amount of healing classes can do can greatly change the way how you approach your build.

Its same with damage done, seeing post game stats should give you an idea of what kinda damage you should be doing in a game as well. Post game stats aren't always about berating other players that's the assumption and the point you made i just countered that point with "its a fact so it isn't trolling" and that's still mainly true regardless of how the information is conveyed. Please understand purposely hiding information for the purposes of only protecting the people who do not perform is in no way righteous all it does is give a free pass for bad behavior if you look at it from that angle.

But just from a strategic point of just learning the finer ins in outs of a game post game stats are a must.

The problem with post game stats is that it only tells you numbers. It doesn't tell you what players did or where they went. I'm sure there's value to be gotten from being able to see how each player performed, but I still maintain that it'll cause more harm than good. If you're really intent on improving, you'll gain a lot more from recording and reviewing your matches than looking at a table of numbers after a game.

We had allready more personal numbers. And it sometimes was really helpful. I would be glad if they would bring at least the old stat screen in soem form or even update it to show team/game percentage in addition.LnzIdjL.jpgI also dont see how visible ingame stats of every game participant would necessarily lead to toxic play style. It is like dps meters. You can use them useful or blame other people. A huge part of this game is about communication and having someone point out mistakes. Constructive critic is helpful. A lot of people just choose not to do so. If people would actually be punished there would also be less toxic behavior. If it is a too far strech ( i doubt that after dps meters were allowed) it could at least show the stats of your own group. It would be your decision with who you group up.

@Genesis.5169 said:keep in mind blizzard is the same company that banned "GG EZ" in chat because people are snowflakes.

Or maybe it is a case of if you act like an immature child you'll get treated as an immature child, some people need to learn the concept of sportsmanship.

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

The problem with post game stats is that it only tells you numbers. It doesn't tell you what players did or where they went. I'm sure there's value to be gotten from being able to see how each player performed, but I still maintain that it'll cause more harm than good. If you're really intent on improving, you'll gain a lot more from recording and reviewing your matches than looking at a table of numbers after a game.

Billions of dollars houses and business and and fall on really generalized statistics, This is a pin pointed value on what people did in this game. To argue its just numbers is to argue against general logic that is a fact, please do not downplay numbers like they do not matter because the entire world functions with more generalized and vaguer numbers then what we get in spvp.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:keep in mind blizzard is the same company that banned "GG EZ" in chat because people are snowflakes.

Or maybe it is a case of if you act like an immature child you'll get treated as an immature child, some people need to learn the concept of sportsmanship.

Looks like i gotta goto the burn center for all that flaming i just got hit up with that your against. Man even Dr. Phil would blush with all that hypocrisy packed in that one little sentence. Give me a constructive argument to debate on instead of doing the very thing you don't want other people to do to the point of denying other players quality of life stats that are baseline in 99% of competitive games.

I may disagree with blarghhrrkblah but atleast he's entertaining the debate in a meaningful way we may hurt some feeling and rustle some jimmies but atleast there was more to it then YOUR A CHILD SO HAH.

• 4 weeks later...

@Genesis.5169 said:Starting from today i will start my crusade to lobby Anet to allow us to see real post game stats after game instead of percentages. I want to see how many times my ally fed or kill how much damage and healing was done.

I want real post game stats like in every other competitive game.Inb4 GW2 is casual nonsense, pvp is never casual anywhere that PvE safe space baby mind kitten doesn't apply here everyone is playing to win in pvp, and if your not thats fine your playing in a normal game instead of ranked.

Or atleast for ranked games give us real post game stats. Criticism is normal in pvp please stop trying to hide from it atleast allow people to have some foundation to be or to criticize some one for good or bad reasons.

It's actually bad imo. I saw Team Fortress Classic and TF2's scoring system -- TF2 told you your personal stats, but everybody else was just a point score. TF Classic only showed kills and deaths. I prefer the TF2 system. The reason is that people will talk negatively to somebody they perceive as not pulling their weight, even if somebody was doing just fine and the problem was elsewhere.

im with Genisis on this, weak links in teams will start to see a pattern in their results and hopefully be incentivised to learn their roles better and improve. no one is going to care if the druid/fb didn't get as many kills as anyone else so long as they get top defence/healing /revives. a scourge might not get top stats for kills or damage so long as their numbers are still high they know that they can do better next time. but if a thief gets 0 offense points in a game and died plenty without any kills, they should be exposed and upon comparing themselves to the rest of the team realize they were dead weight and need to l2p or reroll another class.ofc sometimes players occasionally have a bad game, you cant escape a bad match up and get shut down/hard focused. it happens, so long as you own it and know you can be consistent and have a backbone it shouldnt matter that much.

Archived