Support Guardian viable?

Wandering Mist.2973

I've been told to look at https://qtfy.eu/ for builds and I notice there is no guardian support build. Does that mean that Guardian support isn't viable at all? Or only in very specific circumstances? If I look at the builds on the website, my options are basically Firebrand Condi or DH Power. Can anyone shed some light on this and explain why a more support-orientated build isn't considered viable right now?

Look on https://metabattle.com/wiki/Guardian instead - you may notice support firebrand is a wvw build (and i believe also viable for pvp?)Qtfy, from what i'm aware of, only presents raid/fractal meta. Unless you're looking for raid and high teir frac builds, in which case im too much of a noob to enlighten you. Though one thing i do know is that a guardian can't heal as much as a druid, and doesn't provide the quickness/alacrity of a chrono that make both of those things such good supports.

It's viable. Everything is viable. Doesn't mean it's "meta" or others professions can't do better. But...FB Support/heal is a really good package, really good heal and sustain (like overheal a necro vitality, like a druid, like this), lot of aegis/blocks that prevent heal, lot of anti-proj, easy condi-cleanse, perma quickness.On the other hand it's true you stand between the chrono and the druid, doing parts of both but an optimised group still would like the others parts (spirits, 10% dps, alacrity, distorsion, CC...) So it's a Balance, will you take a FB and free slot for a DPS or Chrono+druid ?

@"Wandering Mist.2973" said:I've been told to look at https://qtfy.eu/ for builds and I notice there is no guardian support build. Does that mean that Guardian support isn't viable at all? Or only in very specific circumstances? If I look at the builds on the website, my options are basically Firebrand Condi or DH Power. Can anyone shed some light on this and explain why a more support-orientated build isn't considered viable right now?

qT's guides and builds are catered towards speed clears of raids, which means they are only concerned with a very small subset of builds.

I have a Seraph support build that I'm still tweaking. With the 99.73% Quickness duration (which the game rounds up to 100%), I am able to maintain about 100% Quickness uptime. However, the ability to apply the same amount to party members can be tricky in T4 Fractals due to the prevalence of Social Awkwardness (which means players--especially PUGs--instinctually scatter to the four winds). Otherwise, I have access to a lot of utility from my Tomes, and about 1k outgoing heals every ~0.5 s. What my build lacks right now is strong Defiance Bar breaks, which is why I'm considering adding a Hammer to my secondary weapon set.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@"Wandering Mist.2973" said:I've been told to look at
for builds and I notice there is no guardian support build. Does that mean that Guardian support isn't viable at all? Or only in very specific circumstances? If I look at the builds on the website, my options are basically Firebrand Condi or DH Power. Can anyone shed some light on this and explain why a more support-orientated build isn't considered viable right now?

qT's guides and builds are catered towards speed clears of raids, which means they are only concerned with a very small subset of builds.

I have a Seraph support build that I'm still tweaking. With the 99.73% Quickness duration (which the game rounds up to 100%), I am able to maintain about 100% Quickness uptime. However, the ability to apply the same amount to party members can be tricky in T4 Fractals due to the prevalence of Social Awkwardness (which means players--especially PUGs--instinctually scatter to the four winds). Otherwise, I have access to a lot of utility from my Tomes, and about 1k outgoing heals every ~0.5 s. What my build lacks right now is strong Defiance Bar breaks, which is why I'm considering adding a Hammer to my secondary weapon set.

I see. That makes sense. What traits and weapons do you take with your seraph build?

Celestial is a good balance for the tools guardian has.It gives correct survivability, correct healing (for tome, evades and altruistic healing eventually), correct condi and power damage (for hammer or tome), etc.I use the metabattle build wich is great. I'm playing hammer with Honor or staff with Valor.

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:I've been told to look at
for builds and I notice there is no guardian support build. Does that mean that Guardian support isn't viable at all? Or only in very specific circumstances? If I look at the builds on the website, my options are basically Firebrand Condi or DH Power. Can anyone shed some light on this and explain why a more support-orientated build isn't considered viable right now?

I see. That makes sense. What traits and weapons do you take with your seraph build?

This is the build I'm currently testing in T4 Fractals. Outside of Fractals, I switch out Empowering Might for Honorable Staff to reach 99.7% Quickness duration.

I run this for fractals and raids. It does pretty significant healing, makes perma quickness, perma fury and about 15-20 might pretty easily. It also has regen and prot with nearly 100% uptime and can provide access to every single boon in the game if needed.

It doesn't do a ton of damage, but it covers the vast majority of anything you need from support specs in one neat little package.

The last utility skill can be swapped to just about anything based on the needs of the fight. You can take a 50% uptime reflect with the wall of reflection, or group stability or whatever else you may need for a particular fight.

In my static, we have tried running that in a subsquad with 4 DPS who don't rely heavily on alacrity (Mirage, Renegade, Thief, Power Holo) and have gotten good results.

@Knox.8962 said:I run this for fractals and raids. It does pretty significant healing, makes perma quickness, perma fury and about 15-20 might pretty easily. It also has regen and prot with nearly 100% uptime and can provide access to every single boon in the game if needed.

It doesn't do a ton of damage, but it covers the vast majority of anything you need from support specs in one neat little package.

The last utility skill can be swapped to just about anything based on the needs of the fight. You can take a 50% uptime reflect with the wall of reflection, or group stability or whatever else you may need for a particular fight.

In my static, we have tried running that in a subsquad with 4 DPS who don't rely heavily on alacrity (Mirage, Renegade, Thief, Power Holo) and have gotten good results.

That looks interesting. Why scepter though instead of mace?

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:

@Knox.8962 said:I run
for fractals and raids. It does pretty significant healing, makes perma quickness, perma fury and about 15-20 might pretty easily. It also has regen and prot with nearly 100% uptime and can provide access to every single boon in the game if needed.

That looks interesting. Why scepter though instead of mace?

Scepter for the might stacking and ability to do some ranged support. The mace is nice and useful for max healing output, but the regen and prot are largely covered already, so the scepter doesn't give up a ton of support.

Archived