Fourth effort to kill "story boss". spoiler

@Cryshal.4036 said:The fight was over. I was dead. Game crashed again. I can't do this again.

You mean it crashes as soon as you beat him or when the cutscene starts after you do? If you do give it another shot, try clicking the skip button in the corner as soon as it pops, that's how I managed to get past that problem.

I have a friend who had trouble with a particular LS3 story. His machine would crash during the cutscene at the end, after everything else completed. Obviously, it was very frustrating. What we did to get him through it was:

• Had him set all his graphics to their lowest possible settings.
  • Run the game in "Windowed Full Screen"
  • Had him "hide" in the most remote corner of the map. (In this case, I'd recommend leaving another party member to start the instance and then letting your character die.)
  • Make sure his camera faced away from the "action" at all times, especially right before the cutscene triggers.

Obviously this is a horrid work-around and no substitute to the suggestion above of trying to figure out why the game is crashing. It's just a way to improve the chances that you can continue to move forward and worry about troubleshooting later.

Resources:

@DreamyAbaddon.3265 said:The title of this thread is potential spoilers. Please rename this thread to "Fourth Effort to Kill Story boss"Thank you.

The start everyone knows ol' Balth is the bad guy and common sense says you're going to kill him in the end (common game theme). LOL@spoilers

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:This has happened to me in My Story content in the exact same instance many times, but only for my Asuran Revenant.I uninstalled/reinstalled the game after the third crash thinking it was problem with my computer/game server communication.Didn't solve the problem and haven't heard back about the tickets I sent it.Good Luck.I play a Revenant.

"I don't have that problem. My i5 and GTX670 are beasts." I also have that setup. Support took all the info on my computer and nada.

EXACT SAME FUCKING THING I JUST CAME HERE ABOUT.

This is ridiculous. I WILL NOT keep playing the same damn instances over and over again because the game keeps dropping me. I will just refuse to play the game if this doesn't get fixed soon. I've been getting sporadically -- and constantly -- dropped from SOLO PERSONAL STORY INSTANCES since I started playing the game again just over a month ago.

Two days in a row I've been trying this instance. It's insanity.https://imgur.com/a/xomX1

@Fatemaster.3590 said:

@Cryshal.4036 said:The fight was over. I was dead. Game crashed again. I can't do this again.

You mean it crashes as soon as you beat him or when the cutscene starts after you do? If you do give it another shot, try clicking the skip button in the corner as soon as it pops, that's how I managed to get past that problem.As soon as he lets me die, and his health bar shows full. The scene hangs for a minute, then crash.

Exact same spot as happened to me. You hear a dragon roar, and then [a certain boss] stands there perfectly still doing nothing for about a minute and a half, then crash to character select with error. I submitted a ticket for it, they had me run a system diagnostic tool, and I just sent the results. Hopefully they'll be able to figure something out.

I was absolutely LIVID when this kept happening to me. I managed to get through by turning down my video settings completely like someone suggested, then turned them back after. But still, so ridiculously frustrating that I even HAD to do that to get through.

@Cryshal.4036 said:With help from support, I did finish the Balthazar fight. But then, Eater of Souls. I simply can't do that. I tried all the forum help posts. I guess I just can't figure out the build I would need. So...no Griffon. :(

You can trap the Eater of Souls on Joko's cage by running around it and letting him get stuck then using a ranged weapon.

Archived