ADD CORE ONLY SOLOQ

Nix.3152

@Razor.6392 said:it will be nothing but S/D thieves, same warrior build with no FC, hammer guards and FA ele.

Actually core d/p is pretty fun. I play it atm in plat despite the scourge/fb/mirage/sb plague.I can also see some crazy engi builds in there (have faced some hipsters in the ranked before, they did pretty well).

@Genesis.5169 said:Just buy the expansions support the game you f2p players...

i bought this game 2 weeks after release back in 2012, and yes i am not buying expansions because i think they made pvp worse with overtuned elite specs made for potato players. i have no interest in supporting something i dont like.

@Razor.6392 said:it will be nothing but S/D thieves, same warrior build with no FC, hammer guards and FA ele.

Core-only Whitelist?

Banned Skills

• No elites allowed (leave the skill slot empty).
  • No more than one source of stability allowed per build (across traits and skills); multiple instances allowed if one or more of the instances only grants 1 stack of stability for 1s.
  • Shelter
  • Flamethrower Kit
  • Signet of Stone
  • Arcane Blast
  • Arcane Wave
  • "Protect Me!"

Banned Traits

• No procs which can apply burning (exceptions: Evasive Arcana; Elemental Surge)
  • No procs which inflict their own packet of damage (exceptions: minor traits)
  • No procs which activate when the player is stunned/disabled.
  • Soothing Ice
  • Fresh Air
  • Duelist's Discipline
  • Malicious Sorcery
  • Maim the Disillusioned
  • Confounding Suggestions
  • Imagined Burden
  • Juggernaut
  • HGH
  • Self-Regulating Defenses
  • Burning Arrows
  • Dogged March
  • Chill of Death
  • Beastly Warden

Banned Amulets

• Celestial
  • Mender

Banned Weapons

• Warrior - Shield
  • Mesmer - Torch
  • Elementalist - Focus

Banned Classes

• Thief
  • Revenant

Bam, video games.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:Just buy the expansions support the game you f2p players...

I own both expansions .. and HoT on my alt account. I'd much prefer core pvp. Beside that, F2P players can't post here.

Core PvP will be even more squed than what we currently have. It may have been good pre HoT, but things have changed dramatically since then.

@Swagg.9236 said:

Core-only Whitelist?

Banned Skills
  • No more than one source of stability allowed per build (across traits and skills); multiple instances allowed if one or more of the instances only grants 1 stack of stability for 1s.
  • Shelter
  • Flamethrower Kit
  • Signet of Stone
  • Arcane Blast
  • Arcane Wave
  • "Protect Me!"

Banned Traits
  • No procs which can apply burning (exceptions: Evasive Arcana; Elemental Surge)
  • Soothing Ice
  • Fresh Air
  • Duelist's Discipline
  • Malicious Sorcery
  • Maim the Disillusioned
  • Imagined Burden
  • Juggernaut
  • HGH
  • Burning Arrows
  • Dogged March
  • Chill of Death
  • Beastly Warden

Banned Amulets
  • Celestial
  • Mender

Banned Weapons
  • Warrior - Shield
  • Mesmer - Torch
  • Elementalist - Focus

Banned Classes
  • Thief
  • Revenant

Bam, video games.

I hoped to god you are not serious with that. This is probably the worse case of safe box syndrome I've ever seen.

You basically made the most boring PVP in actual existence and put the game on training wheels.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Swagg.9236 said:

Core-only Whitelist?

Banned Skills
  • Shelter
  • Flamethrower Kit
  • Signet of Stone
  • Arcane Blast
  • Arcane Wave
  • "Protect Me!"

Banned Traits
  • Soothing Ice
  • Fresh Air
  • Duelist's Discipline
  • Malicious Sorcery
  • Maim the Disillusioned
  • Imagined Burden
  • Juggernaut
  • HGH
  • Burning Arrows
  • Dogged March
  • Chill of Death
  • Beastly Warden

Banned Amulets
  • Celestial
  • Mender

Banned Weapons
  • Warrior - Shield
  • Mesmer - Torch
  • Elementalist - Focus

Banned Classes
  • Thief
  • Revenant

Bam, video games.

I hoped to god you are not serious with that. This is probably the worse case of safe box syndrome I've ever seen.

You basically made the most boring PVP in actual existence and put the game on training wheels.

It's kind of startling that people think "safe-box" is a game without passive procs, teleport spam, on-demand invulnerability and un-telegraphed attacks. My dude, plenty of games thrive just fine using damage sources that people can see clearly.

@Swagg.9236 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Swagg.9236 said:

Core-only Whitelist?

Banned Skills
  • Shelter
  • Flamethrower Kit
  • Signet of Stone
  • Arcane Blast
  • Arcane Wave
  • "Protect Me!"

Banned Traits
  • Soothing Ice
  • Fresh Air
  • Duelist's Discipline
  • Malicious Sorcery
  • Maim the Disillusioned
  • Imagined Burden
  • Juggernaut
  • HGH
  • Burning Arrows
  • Dogged March
  • Chill of Death
  • Beastly Warden

Banned Amulets
  • Celestial
  • Mender

Banned Weapons
  • Warrior - Shield
  • Mesmer - Torch
  • Elementalist - Focus

Banned Classes
  • Thief
  • Revenant

Bam, video games.

It's kind of startling that people think "safe-box" is a game without passive procs, teleport spam, on-demand invulnerability and un-telegraphed attacks. My dude, plenty of games thrive just fine using damage sources that people can see clearly.

That is literally like taking a fighting game and then cutting out almost half of the characters and expect people to play the game.

Amulet: Getting rid of Menders? Weak Celestial? You already have been discredited by having problems with probably one of the weakest amulets.

Weapons: Funny how you find these weapons to be a problem? Getting rid of focus on Ele? Oh, I see you want to make it pop like a cherry. I see no survivability, very nice.

Banned Classes: Taking content out of the game LOL. Get out, you don't even deserve to make suggestions like this. Every single Dev would laugh at you.

Don't make video games, you'd lose business with one of the most weak PVP scenes.

Edit: No elites. Let me just copy and paste this post on my guild Skype and discord so they can get a roll tonight.

@Swagg.9236 said:

Core-only Whitelist?

Banned Skills
  • Shelter
  • Flamethrower Kit
  • Signet of Stone
  • Arcane Blast
  • Arcane Wave
  • "Protect Me!"

Banned Traits
  • Soothing Ice
  • Fresh Air
  • Duelist's Discipline
  • Malicious Sorcery
  • Maim the Disillusioned
  • Imagined Burden
  • Juggernaut
  • HGH
  • Burning Arrows
  • Dogged March
  • Chill of Death
  • Beastly Warden

Banned Amulets
  • Celestial
  • Mender

Banned Weapons
  • Warrior - Shield
  • Mesmer - Torch
  • Elementalist - Focus

Banned Classes
  • Thief
  • Revenant

Bam, video games.

Necro main asking to remove thief. Thanks for good laugh.

Uhm... at least with core there wouldn't be so many situations when everyone is dope and buffed. Currently we have a lot of stuff flying around where most classes are capable of doing multiple things at once, or are full of shenanigans.For example, notice that hammer guard is not mobile and doesn't have sustained healing or any gimmicky mechanics like passive invulnerability (2k heal from medi is burst healing, not sustained healing FYI). Not to mention a lack of strong defenses apart from 2 seconds of protection from hammer, ring of warding and shield of wrath.I strongly believe that introducing elite specs was practially the main reason why it all went down and ESL dropped GW2. It was just too much of everything at once.Why I think that? Because I've never really encountered that much salt and toxicity before HoT. I enjoyed PvP back then.

P.S.Now that I think about it, if meditations weren't burst heal but minor litanny of wrath, let's say 10% damage to health (stacking up to 40%) for 5 seconds (stacking duration) with every meditation you pop if traited. That would make for an even better high risk/high reward.

Archived