My first Lagendary, H.O.P.E, and what it takes to get it.

I finally craft my first Legendary, H.O.P.E. After more than a year working on it. It was.....*I have no words to say. My journey start with that frog, Altali, teaching me the art of Alchemy and end with that from too. That frog will forever be my Master Yoda, mentor in Gw2 universe. Along my journey as a squishy thief, i have bring my loyal friend, who always been with me since the beginning, my Golur, The Golum :D

What does it take to get a Legendary weapon? Specifically Gen 2 Legendary weapon, HOPE, although i am sure the mechanics for H.O.P.E requirement is more or less similar to other legendary weapon, Gen 2. I hope this will help new player as i have been in the place before.

1. Things to max up:

• Max your level, with strong gear, of-course as your adventure will be full of strong monster.
    • Max Tyria Masteries point related to Legendary.
    • Max all the HOT related Masteries (excluding the Living world season 3 masteries)
    • Complete all of the HOT maps (excluding Living world season 3 maps)
    • Max your crafting skills related to your weapons (in this case, Huntsman to level 500. For this, u can buy the material, follow the guide, to max your crafting skill in few hours, or less than an hours)
  2. The game mode in gw2 which you might hate but can’t escape:

• Several jumping puzzle are there in some of the tier in the Legendary collection component
    • Need to join World vs World to gain the gift of battle (and some other material or you can just buy)
    • Need to join PvP to gain some material (or you can buy the material)
    • Some PVE content in map like Meta which require peoples, like killing a hard boss, although some boss you can solo.
    • Some PVE content that need you to wait for it to appear (there is an android apps gw2 event timer for this but some small meta/boss event will not be available in the apps)
    • some event chain that lead to a boss which require you to kill
    • some fractals too (you can do Tier 1 fractal to achieve it)
    • some adventure/mini games
  3. There is some other things other than gold:

• Get ready to farm for Silver waste currency
    • Get ready to farm for Dry Top currency
    • Get ready to farm for 4 HOT maps currency (excluding the Living world season 3 maps)
    • and some other currency related depending on the legendary
  4. Farming crafting material which you cant buy but gamble instead:

• mystic clover (but you can get this from daily log-in rewards)
    • and others depending on your legendary
  5. You can either farm gold or farm the material:

• some several stack of different woods and ore
    • crafting material which you can only craft once a day.
    • 250 Amalgamate Gemstone
    • 250 Globs of ectoplasm
    • and others depending on your legendary
  6. Other things to buy:

• a recipe which cost 10g from Miyani. Not one recipe but about 8 or more.
    • commander tag (this will make your life easier, trust me)

-->What is the benefit of crafting legendary?

• you will encounter people who share the hardship with you, and possible make new friends.
  • You do the gw2 content which you did not know exist before.
  • sense of accomplishment for sure.

And a large teddy to hug and weep into after you are done!

I will agree on the doing content you wouldn't have done. The first 4 Gen 2 ones (before they changed the system and removed the collectiions and the journey) increase in fun for each legendary - peaking with the quite outstanding Chuka and Champawat journey. Of all the ones I have made - that and also Aurora were the most enjoyable by far.

Love my H.O.P.E. and agree the journey makes the weapon all the more. Hats off to the journey, it adds a whole different level to the game and think its a great addition. Have done a couple of the pure crafting gen3s and its not the same, its just a large material sync. I can appreciate being able to do them this way, but the journeys for the pre's are where its at. Glad you also enjoy the journey, now where will the next one take you.....

• 1 month later...

I love legendary weapons! I just recently finished my fourth (and my first gen. 2!): Astralaria. Before that I crafted Quip, Incinerator, and Bifrost. I always tell people never to start working on a legendary unless they really love the skin and are prepared to enjoy not only the end result, but the process itself. It simply isn't worth the extreme expense or the hassle if you consider it a chore and are only interested in the stats!

Congrats on H.O.P.E.!

Archived