PSA for those who don't read patch notes + discussion

maxwelgm.4315

Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion.

What do you guys think about this change? I personally think it's the best balance to happen in a while, because it takes a bit of weight off the Chrono's shoulder without modifying the runs of those that learned how to do mechanics and/or dodge.

Gambino, your post makes no sense. That's literally what the trait does now.

I'm in favor, personally. Always mostly played Chrono when I raid, so I'm okay with players actually having to play the game and not just faceroll their keyboards while we let them ignore everything.

I'll still do my job keeping the boss where he needs to be while giving Alacrity and Quickness.

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:I predict the number of threads complaining about raid and fractal difficulty to go up by at least 50% because of this change. Now players will have to take personal responsibility for taking damage.

This.

Actually looking forward to the change since now it will be even easier to spot people who can't do mechanics and replace them if need be. As mesmer/chrono tank myself, I get to enjoy personal distortion and a lot less work having to carry half the raid.

I do think this will be quite powerful in fractals and might even be superior to distortion there because having 5 second of protection against a hit can be way more useful than 1 second of distortion, not to mention chronos/mesmers can now freely run their rotation without having to time for distortion as much.

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:I predict the number of threads complaining about raid and fractal difficulty to go up by at least 50% because of this change. Now players will have to take personal responsibility for taking damage.I can see that too. The groups at the lower end of the spectrum won't see any difference, those at the top will adjust fast, but those in the middle... well, it's definitely going to be interesting.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion.

What do you guys think about this change? I personally think it's the best balance to happen in a while, because it takes a bit of weight off the Chrono's shoulder without modifying the runs of those that learned how to do mechanics and/or dodge.

Depends on how big of an impact it is. In other words, how many of the distortable attacks aren't blockable by a single Aegis.

The thing is, distorting certain attacks was a teamplay aspect, whereas dodging it is purely individual. The former makes you play with others, the latter makes you play next to others. So while I agree the mechanic was overpowered, I don't think its removal is a good choice. Hence the original statement. If the Aegis can get the job done, then it's fine and it gives certain options. Like, have a Firebrand block the attack for the whole party instead of the chrono. If it can't, then it's a bad change.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:I predict the number of threads complaining about raid and fractal difficulty to go up by at least 50% because of this change. Now players will have to take personal responsibility for taking damage.

This.

Actually looking forward to the change since now it will be even easier to spot people who can't do mechanics and replace them if need be. As mesmer/chrono tank myself, I get to enjoy personal distortion and a lot less work having to carry half the raid.

I do think this will be quite powerful in fractals and might even be superior to distortion there because having 5 second of protection against a hit can be way more useful than 1 second of distortion, not to mention chronos/mesmers can now freely run their rotation without having to time for distortion as much.

or people can finally realize that they can heal/barrier through vg green , block fear from sloth , body block shake with f4 , jump up samg shockwave etc . in my experience funny how i'm still the only one who knows those details in a squad .

@musu.9205 said:

This.

or people can finally realize that they can heal/barrier through vg green , block fear from sloth , body block shake with f4 , jump up samg shockwave etc . in my experience funny how i'm still the only one who knows those details in a squad .

OMG there was another way of doing those fights and I missed out. Pug life sucks.

Archived