Will WvW servers EVER be improved!?

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The game has been out for a little while now (...) i was wondering if Anet ever plans on you know, updating them because they run like complete rubbish (to put it nicely...) a little too often. Having legfests all over the map because of ONE fight somewhere needs to be ended. Having lagfests that make it impossible to actually see what skill someone is using is getting a little tiring when the map is EMPTY! is getting a bit on the old side now. Just a little curious if Anet ever plans to improve them? I mean i know (we all do...) that Anet for some reason seems to have a SERIOUS hatred of this game mode but it would be nice if they put that aside, just once and thought about the PLAYERS first and not the MONEY...

There is always the option that the engine itself simply has trouble with running that many players, traits, skills, runes/sigils, whatever at the same time. It is after all a pretty old engine, about 13+ years old now. In fact, one thing that has showed that it helps in the past, is to reduce the number of players on each WvW map.

Depending on the above, moving to "bigger, better, more expensive servers" might not even make a notable difference.

But who knows, we sure don't, and ANet doesn't like to tell.

@Optimator.3589 said:Run a FPS counter. I'd suspect that much of what you're describing as lag is really just framerate drops. Even people with decent hardware get some drop when 60v60 fights get going.

Defo not frame rate drops, i know them. They are different to not being able to see peoples attacks or even being able to see people on your server or enemy servers, just showing up as their colour. I have my frame rate limited to 30, that way it stays at 30 most of the time. The problem is when you visibly cant see player attacks or your own happening it gets annoying to say the least.

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:I think they're serviceable, as someone who plays daily.

I play daily as well, some times they are "okay" other times they are just bad. I have had major lag spikes, pings going through the roof and everything on pretty much empty maps.

@hunkamania.7561 said:they've moved their servers to the amazon servers now and i have not experienced skill lag yet so they've already improved maybe it's on your end.

When did they move them? I am also on EU server, not sure if that would make any difference though. Not my internet. Well, at least its not for any of the other games that i play with no issue at all. Its more when theres a big blob fight, it just brings everything to a stand still at times. My ping is normally around 35-40 when i look at it in the game. It has spiked up big time during big fights as i would expect most peoples do.

@"Svarty.8019" said:No.

I put a post in THIS thread explaining why.

You miss what i meant, not talking about match ups. I am talking about the performance of the Anet Servers that are used. This ISN'T about server matchups, who has fiar fights or anything like that. Its about lag and just poor performance of the servers that are used to run the game.

@FogLeg.9354 said:If you having problems with WvW it is possible the cause are not servers but your connection to game servers. There is whole bunch of devices between your PC and game server, each of those could make things slow.

That would be understandable if any of the other MMOs and online games i play had any issue. If BDO with all its terrible optimisation plays fine. Then why is it that the ONLY game i have issue with would be GW2? Its hardly a good looking game these days. The servers have always been a little bit on the iffy side. I do wonder though - the bug (well one of...) that Anet managed to add (and still not fix...) being those odd visual effects of abilities going off randomly all over the place. I wonder if they have any affect on performance? As it has kinda gotten worse more recently.

Archived