Condition revamp

kiwituatara.6053

I've suggested removing Trailblazer/Dire gear before (treating it like the old magic find gear), but somehow I don't see that happening... So here is another suggestions:

• Nerf the amount of condition stacks applied from skills
  • Have certain skills apply 1-2 bonus stack of conditions on crit
  • Introduce condition, precision, expertise gear as a condition mirror to Berserker gear

This is mainly to target builds that run Trailblazer/Dire gear. Those gears should never have been introduced into the game. I feel like Dire gear should be the counterpart of Soldier gear but it is vastly superior.

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

• Nerf the amount of condition stacks applied from skillsthey just did that

• Have certain skills apply 1-2 bonus stack of conditions on critperma fury is so easy to have, you think thats a good idea? makes nerfing the stacks pointless.

• Introduce condition, precision, expertise gear as a condition mirror to Berserker gearvipers?

@"kiwituatara.6053" said:

• Have certain skills apply 1-2 bonus stack of conditions on crit

There are traits in every professions' "precision" traitline that already apply some condition on critical hits (or have a chance to). I don't think this is necessary to have on actual skills.

I think what you are trying to do is make it so that players find it more appealing to run less tanky gear for condition builds. Your "solution" doesn't address why people run tanky gear when relying on conditions as their main damage source: conditions are damage-over-time and require time to do their worst while power does not. Condi builds have to survive against power burst builds to have a chance at winning a fight and that's been true from before TB and Dire were introduced into the game. People used to use Rabid stats as their toughness source.

Honest opinion, conditions shouldnt do damage, or should not be the main source of the damage...condis should just apply seconday negative effects, burn and bleed could keep as damage condi, but should just be extra damage, should not be enough do be only source of damage on its own.

@Felipe.1807 said:Honest opinion, conditions shouldnt do damage, or should not be the main source of the damage...condis should just apply seconday negative effects, burn and bleed could keep as damage condi, but should just be extra damage, should not be enough do be only source of damage on its own.

Conditions should be for pressure and Anet should re-introduce hexes in game, some conditions should be ported into hexes mechanics as well and be class restricted.

meanwhile same stuff for boon stacking and utilties should be aplied... since all utilites rather than its name are just for boon spam n stack.

@Felipe.1807, ignore that it's Anet :P

this is how it should be imo:

• Torment - Tied to Necromancer class hexes.
  • Confusion - Hex tied to mesmer class, stacks duration: " target foe's attacks may damage any character in range, including the target."source: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Confusion
  • Taunt -Effect to take advantage of a hexed target with short duration tied to warrior, (taunt would work on hexed targets).
  • Slow - Hex tied to Revenant and mesmer classes.

@xDudisx.5914 said:Merge bleed and torment into only one condition. Merge chill and slow. Reduce the number of condis and make it easier to clear.

Not the worst idea I've heard, actually. A lot of issues with cleansing conditions is not being able to cleanse the nasty buried conditions. Nobody bitches about burn guards, but some of my firebrand buddies talk about how their recorded arcdps often rivals scourges if those stacks of burning manage to get parked behind a bunch of other conditions. One of the biggest gripes people have with scourge is the sheer number of individually-low-potency conditions they're able to throw on you steady without any downtime.

~ Kovu

Archived