Customizable Outfit Templates Attempt #... I've lost count

Coming from this:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/17423/suggestion-idea-armor-outfit-skins-customizing-gem-store-players-arenanet-benefits

Argument situation in this:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23990/idea-on-how-to-upgrade-fashion-wars

I guess it's best to explain what I would like to see in image form...

1. GViZzKh.pngA new tab will be released under outfits. Custom outfits is just a placeholder of whatever they can call it.

2. 2K7B6Om.pngWhen you get into the tab, you will have blank slot(s) to save the look you want. You start off with 1 (or 2 if Arenanet is generous, but they ARE a business so probably just 1) and you can buy more through the Gem Store. You could also buy shared slots for extra to be shared between all of your characters.

3. AcMGavY.pngAfter getting the look you want and picking a blank spot, you will be told that transmutation charges will be consumed to save. Each piece will cost 4x the amount of if you just change it one off through the wardrobe as it's saving it as a "image" outfit for you to load exactly how you saved it... dyes and all.Changing the dyes will be free still through the dyes after you reload that look at a future date of course.

4. SHo4zmC.pngFinally after you've made up a bunch of customizable outfits, you will be able to switch between them freely. The only catch of course is that it will still cost at the very least of 1 transmutation charge per change. Once again, Arenanet is a business and doubt they would make them as free as their premade outfits.

Disclaimer to using a look from a different weight/class/profession!When you load let's say a light armour to a heavy armour class, you will either have to stick with the dyes that it was saved to or if you try to change the dyes yourself, they will be locked to the 4 dye output just like premade dyes. The reason for this is because it's not a transmutated skin you've placed over your current armour due to the weight was not made for your class.

Disclaimer to mixting between race armour pieces!Sadly, you still will NOT be able to wear Asuran armour sets on a Sylvari or a Norn onto a Charr.

What's the point of increased TC cost?This idea is not complete. If left it what it is, we will get just slots with armor setups. But in the first place your idea requires colouring system change. How will you colour your outfit templates? Dyes are separate from wardrobe. Why do you have tab slot for wardrobe and outfit templates in the same time? With your feature, wardrobe tab makes no use. If i were you, i would add dye tab slot for outfit templates, but again, what's the point of duplicates, that serve one purpose.Does your feature save armor only? Why it is not saves weapon skins? Backpacks?You have to think of colouring. After you done this, present your final idea.

I think the possibility to save mount skins/dyes and minis wouldn't be a bad addition to the UI just in case that is something players would want.

Something I figure you might want to clarify, just in case, but these outfit slots would work similar to actual outfits in that they cover whatever armor you have on so it could work great for ascended equipment. You could also turn the outfits off for, essentially, another "outfit".

My personal opinion: I do not like the 1 transmutation charge cost to swap my outfits. You could perhaps charge an initial 50 + 5/piece edited to create a cost (meaning every time or initially, when you save a costume, it will cost 50+ charges; editing 1 part of the outfit would cost 55, etc) and 1 charge for mini and 1 charge per mount skin. The entire cost would then be maxed at 81 and the min at 51. Dyes should be free to change, of course. All I know is, I don't want to have to spend charges just swapping outfits...

I think this would be highly sought after if armor weight could be utilized by any profession. The limitations will likely be up in the air depending on the difficulty of implementation, player feedback and reception. If this were coupled with improvements to the outfits too (saving dyes per outfit, more control to turn off parts of the outfit), would greatly improve costume options...not amazing, but definitely nothing to scoff at either.

The request is ok, but since the game is about fashion it should be the easiest thing to switch between differente appareances.

Transmutation charges need to go.

Players must be able to switch whenever they want for free ( as repair now is free ).If they want to add new sinks there are plenty of ways, but TC and a stupid system with no templates are no fit in a game like GW2.

The soon ANET is going to realize this, the better for everybody.

ps: already existent transmo charges could be converted into nothing for what i care, if a free system is going to replace the current one.pps: mixing appareance could be confusing at first but I think i could enjoy something like that.ppps: i have plenty of transmo, so I am no crying because i have no TC. It's an objective point of view given the specific game.gcfeShD.jpg

I kind of like this idea, since it allows you to effectively change a classes "armour silhouette" while staying within the believable bounds of what Anet can do to provide more customisation options. And, lets face it, this is an MMO - people like dressing up as special snowflakes, I'd pay to dress up as a special snowflake, and outfits with four dye channels simply isn't enough to do that.

@"Nilson.9865" said:What's the point of increased TC cost?This idea is not complete. If left it what it is, we will get just slots with armor setups. But in the first place your idea requires colouring system change. How will you colour your outfit templates? Dyes are separate from wardrobe. Why do you have tab slot for wardrobe and outfit templates in the same time? With your feature, wardrobe tab makes no use. If i were you, i would add dye tab slot for outfit templates, but again, what's the point of duplicates, that serve one purpose.Does your feature save armor only? Why it is not saves weapon skins? Backpacks?You have to think of colouring. After you done this, present your final idea.

Increased is more of if it's "too good", it might kill the sales on the Outfits that they make themselves which they still make money on.I have no clue how their setup is, but they say outfits are easier/faster to make than armour pieced themselves and despite people complaining about not liking outfits, they still sell well. Allowing us to make our own custom styled outfits to load quickly on any character (as long as it's not race-themed) pieces WOULD see a high sale, but can mess up the sale on something else.

The wardrobe would be where you set up your look of course and the dye tab would still let you set up the dye.The custom outfit tab would only be a tab to save/load and not the tab to select the pieces directly. The same as how you set up your mount skins in one tab, but then dye in another and so on.

The next reason it won't save weapon and backpacks is simply it's meant to be a "custom outfit" set up. There's no outfits out there that changes how your backpacks or weapons look. That, and weapons and backpacks are already a simple replace for one transmutation and we also don't have a way to dye those also limiting the need to really save a setup for them.

Also as you mention on how the colours would be saved is simple as the tab would remember the armour, the skin you picked, and lock in the colours you chose before saving it.This is why I also mention that after selecting it, you would be limited in changing the colours yet again without deleting and redoing the template again because if you tried to change the dye while it's in outfit form, it would have the 4 colour setup like the premade outfits (unless once again Arenanet changes how the current outfits work, but I can't see them doing that).It would simply "photograph" how you set up the armour and just load it exactly like that. No change or anything.Think of it like how your clothing or your look change in certain open world events or even the story. Whether dressed like a thief or a pirate or inquest or charr or whichever. It does not mess with your current set up and it loads just how it was rendered for you at the time. The templates would do the same.

@"Leo G.4501" said:I think the possibility to save mount skins/dyes and minis wouldn't be a bad addition to the UI just in case that is something players would want.

Something I figure you might want to clarify, just in case, but these outfit slots would work similar to actual outfits in that they cover whatever armor you have on so it could work great for ascended equipment. You could also turn the outfits off for, essentially, another "outfit".

My personal opinion: I do not like the 1 transmutation charge cost to swap my outfits. You could perhaps charge an initial 50 + 5/piece edited to create a cost (meaning every time or initially, when you save a costume, it will cost 50+ charges; editing 1 part of the outfit would cost 55, etc) and 1 charge for mini and 1 charge per mount skin. The entire cost would then be maxed at 81 and the min at 51. Dyes should be free to change, of course. All I know is, I don't want to have to spend charges just swapping outfits...

I think this would be highly sought after if armor weight could be utilized by any profession. The limitations will likely be up in the air depending on the difficulty of implementation, player feedback and reception. If this were coupled with improvements to the outfits too (saving dyes per outfit, more control to turn off parts of the outfit), would greatly improve costume options...not amazing, but definitely nothing to scoff at either.

Mounts can work as well for a quickswap on certain design and patterns, yeah.

Also on the 50+ charge for a one time and then free until you delete/replace might be better actually. Give you the benefit of making your own look to go with multiple characters at a high one time price and then able to use it freely. Would somewhat go the way of let's say the griffon one time for 250 gold or making a legendary and then having the freedom of a stat change on the whim.

@"Shirlias.8104" said:The request is ok, but since the game is about fashion it should be the easiest thing to switch between differente appareances.

Transmutation charges need to go.

Players must be able to switch whenever they want for free ( as repair now is free ).If they want to add new sinks there are plenty of ways, but TC and a stupid system with no templates are no fit in a game like GW2.

The soon ANET is going to realize this, the better for everybody.

ps: already existent transmo charges could be converted into nothing for what i care, if a free system is going to replace the current one.pps: mixing appareance could be confusing at first but I think i could enjoy something like that.ppps: i have plenty of transmo, so I am no crying because i have no TC. It's an objective point of view given the specific game.gcfeShD.jpg

Personally? I do wish to see the transmutation charges gone as I think it might be better. Might make more sales on other things too. Maybe someone would quicker buy a skin/weapon/armour from the Gem Store if they can quickly swap their gear's look on the whim for free.

The only reason I kept of course in my idea the transmutation charges is simply that I have no clue if Arenanet would even be willing to get rid of them.I don't have the stats, but I really do wonder how many people actually buy transmutation charges or do the majority have them through daily logins and map completions (Which is where all mine came from).Oh, and a few from black lion chests of course.

The transmutation charge question raised here reminds me of something from Blade & Soul.They have a costume wardrobe, but back when I was playing, you had to be premium or something in order to be allowed to use it.So people had to pay to be able to store the outfits they had to pay money to get from the store.... Of course leading to people buying less things from the store.Blade & Soul recently made the wardrobe free to all, probably having realized their mistake.I feel with TCs it's a little bit of the same story, but likely not as severe.But TCs can absolutely be in the way of implementing new and better systems, like templates and changing outfit with area and season and what not.

For me personally though, TCs aren't a hindrance as it is, because I rarely change my outfit, because of inconvenience. And I did a fair bit of PvP, so I have a ton of them.

@Mikuchan.7261 said:The transmutation charge question raised here reminds me of something from Blade & Soul.They have a costume wardrobe, but back when I was playing, you had to be premium or something in order to be allowed to use it.So people had to pay to be able to store the outfits they had to pay money to get from the store.... Of course leading to people buying less things from the store.Blade & Soul recently made the wardrobe free to all, probably having realized their mistake.I feel with TCs it's a little bit of the same story, but likely not as severe.But TCs can absolutely be in the way of implementing new and better systems, like templates and changing outfit with area and season and what not.

For me personally though, TCs aren't a hindrance as it is, because I rarely change my outfit, because of inconvenience. And I did a fair bit of PvP, so I have a ton of them.

Wait, so you're telling me you could've bought something in their store, and then still can't use it if you didn't have premium?

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Mikuchan.7261 said:The transmutation charge question raised here reminds me of something from Blade & Soul.They have a costume wardrobe, but back when I was playing, you had to be premium or something in order to be allowed to use it.So people had to pay to be able to store the outfits they had to pay money to get from the store.... Of course leading to people buying less things from the store.Blade & Soul recently made the wardrobe free to all, probably having realized their mistake.I feel with TCs it's a little bit of the same story, but likely not as severe.But TCs can absolutely be in the way of implementing new and better systems, like templates and changing outfit with area and season and what not.

Wait, so you're telling me you could've bought something in their store, and then still can't use it if you didn't have premium?

The way their costumes work is, when you buy it, the outfit or hat or whatever is an item you have to equip to see. It's not armor (the looks have no stats tied to them) but it will take a space in your inventory. Their wardrobe is a literal one; you could store an instance of a costume inside it instead of using your inventory. If you had premium and put an outfit in it, then let your premium lapse, you would then only be able to draw from the wardrobe but not put anything back inside. Pulling out an outfit from wardrobe puts the outfit in your inventory to wear...

Archived