Victory Or Death still need a group to complete?

Hmmmm if your talking the personal story..... I have done that with my elementalist and finished by myself. It’s not required but you might struggle. If you don’t want to struggle then get a party. But have to? Not even close. More of like do you want to play and struggle a little bit? But have to have a party? not close.

If you don’t want to play alone. Just having one other player is more then enough.

@Linthenius.3704 said:I remember when I first did this a long time ago, it required a group since it was designed as an actual dungeon quest type thing. I'm making my way to this mission again shortly and it got me wondering, is it still required to have a group? Or were there any changes I missed?

I only play GW2 for about a year, but I did this in the first weeks, alone, with little knowledge of my class. At that time, it was already very soloable. I struggled a lot back then, but still made it. I did it again a few weeks ago with condi thief, and it was like doing a Tier 1 fractal, maybe even easier. Classes apparently became much stronger since that story was created, so if you have some experience in this game, the challenges in the story are rather boring. I suggest you just go ahead and start it, and see if you need help.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@Linthenius.3704 said:I remember when I first did this a long time ago, it required a group since it was designed as an actual dungeon quest type thing. I'm making my way to this mission again shortly and it got me wondering, is it still required to have a group? Or were there any changes I missed?

I only play GW2 for about a year, but I did this in the first weeks, alone, with little knowledge of my class. At that time, it was already very soloable. I struggled a lot back then, but still made it. I did it again a few weeks ago with condi thief, and it was like doing a Tier 1 fractal, maybe even easier. Classes apparently became much stronger since that story was created, so if you have some experience in this game, the challenges in the story are rather boring. I suggest you just go ahead and start it, and see if you need help.

You can't have done it completely solo in the first weeks of the game because there's a gate which used to require 2 people to open - one standing on a button on each side.

But as other people said it was re-worked a few years ago to be completely soloable. It's not easy and some bits might be easier with a group but you can finish the entire thing solo if you want to.

@Danikat.8537 said:

You can't have done it completely solo in the first weeks of the game because there's a gate which used to require 2 people to open - one standing on a button on each side.

I think Linthenius meant they did the instance in their first weeks of playing the game (they started playing about a year ago), not the first weeks after the game being released.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

I think Linthenius meant they did the instance in their first weeks of playing the game (they started playing about a year ago), not the first weeks after the game being released.

Ah, yeah that would make sense. I remember how annoyed people were at that gate because without it some players could have soloed the original version (even though it was designed to be a 5-man dungeon) but because of that one little bit it was impossible.

But I'm glad they made it possible for everyone to do it solo. It was fun doing it with friends, but it's more convenient this way.

Archived