Aged Ectoplasm

Daddicus.6128

I can't seem to figure out what creatures drop Aged Ectoplasm. I checked the wiki, but there's nothing useful there. The text in the Bloodstone Fen Master achievement says, "Dropped by ghosts in Bloodstone Fen." However, there are no "ghosts" in Bloodstone. Lots of spirits, which might count. And, there's Hablion and his entourage.

But, I've killed hundreds of spirits in the last couple days, and none have dropped it.

So, does anybody know for certain which creatures drop it?

Three things. First, I'm sorry that it's so frustrating.

Second, you've been through this before. Everyone has a nemesis drop among collection RNG. For me, it's been Tiger Claw, Aged Ecto and Junuundu Bezoar. A tiny fraction of people will suffer from "where's the drop" syndrome, despite dispatching what seems like hundreds of foes.

Don't let it get to you. Try different things to defeat the potential frustration: don't give yourself a deadline, don't grind, swap the toon(s) that do the kills, park a single toon in a target-rich environment and spend no more than 5 min/day worrying about it, or simply let it go for a month. I've done all of the above for my "didn't drop" items.

Finally, regarding the specific drop... the ghosts referenced include ones that appear at night on the lowest level of Bloodstone Fen. I got mine from Hab's (former) friends, but it took over 2 dozen Hablion deaths plus at least as many pre-events, not to mention killing spirits below and spirits above during off peak periods.

I read your wiki comment about "spirit" vs "ghost" and I think you're worrying too much about jargon in a game in which the Speargun achievement refers to Harpoon Gun weapons & the Harpoon achievement refers to Spear weapons. Spirits are ghosts, except when they aren't. The only way to tell is by experimentation.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Three things. First, I'm sorry that it's so frustrating.

Second, you've been through this before. Everyone has a nemesis drop among collection RNG. For me, it's been Tiger Claw, Aged Ecto and Junuundu Bezoar. A tiny fraction of people will suffer from "where's the drop" syndrome, despite dispatching what seems like hundreds of foes.

Don't let it get to you. Try different things to defeat the potential frustration: don't give yourself a deadline, don't grind, swap the toon(s) that do the kills, park a single toon in a target-rich environment and spend no more than 5 min/day worrying about it, or simply let it go for a month. I've done all of the above for my "didn't drop" items.

Finally, regarding the specific drop... the ghosts referenced include ones that appear at night on the lowest level of Bloodstone Fen. I got mine from Hab's (former) friends, but it took over 2 dozen Hablion deaths plus at least as many pre-events, not to mention killing spirits below and spirits above during off peak periods.

I read your wiki comment about "spirit" vs "ghost" and I think you're worrying too much about jargon in a game in which the Speargun achievement refers to Harpoon Gun weapons & the Harpoon achievement refers to Spear weapons. Spirits are ghosts, except when they aren't. The only way to tell is by experimentation.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot about the harpoon/spear issue. I'll definitely keep trying.

But, my ultimate hope was to get a list going for the wiki (plus, get one of my own). If people remember for sure where it dropped, that will help future players a bit, when they read the wiki.

Thank you!

@"SlateSloan.3654" said:i got it from the blue spirits which are around the hablion arena. but it took me alot kills until it dropped.

What do you mean by "blue" spirits? I'm slightly blue/yellow color-blind, so I might not have noticed that.

And, thanks, SlateSloan and Yannir for your replies!

Archived