Downed-State: cant see conditions on you !?

Knowing what damaging conditions are on you is also important, this can inform decisions about what you should be concerned about while down... or inform you that you're practically dead already.

It can only be a positive to let us see conditions while downed... honestly, I wish the entire UI remained intact and the 1-10 bar flipped over instead. Downed state is disorienting and annoying partly because it just rips information from you for no good reason... other than to tell you "Fight to Survive".

Response to all saying:

-your almost dead anyway-you cant remove it-about blind

Thats not my point. I want to visual see whats going on. If i am able to even ress myself of.let me die because lets say poison. Or when to use knockback skills because blind..

About blind, yes there are other ways to see if your blinded.. but this is often hard to see with all the clusterfuck going on.. ppl stacking on you or whatever reason..

If we have condition icons.. why not.in downstate.. you maybe dont care about it but some do.

@Malthurius.6870 said:Knowing what damaging conditions are on you is also important, this can inform decisions about what you should be concerned about while down... or inform you that you're practically dead already.

It can only be a positive to let us see conditions while downed... honestly, I wish the entire UI remained intact and the 1-10 bar flipped over instead. Downed state is disorienting and annoying partly because it just rips information from you for no good reason... other than to tell you "Fight to Survive".

Thank you. I cant explain it better with my bad english.

There are two competing philosophies about the downed state:

• Getting downed is a punishment for not paying enough attention; we should not have the same opportunities to do damage or engage in kill-denial tactics.
  • Getting downed is intended as a last resort to actual death; you should have at least as much ability to engage in counterplay.

Those that follow the first tenet aren't bothered by not seeing conditions; they figure it's up to them to learn the animations and deal with the situation with one hand tied behind their back. Those that believe in a 2nd chance are going to be horribly alarmed and annoyed by the lack of UI feedback while downed. I don't see any good compromise across the two viewpoints, just a variation of where the line should be drawn.

I'm okay either way. As it stands now, it makes me want to play better so I don't have to care that much about handicaps while downed. If it were changed, it would save me some time/trouble on those occasions when I don't got game.

@bOTEB.1573 said:Well, you are almost dead. How can you expect to see things clearly?

Following this thought: even when you're alive, how are you supposed to count the stacks of bleeding? Do you take your time counting every slash you have on your body midfight? xDJokes aside, I think that showing conditions on downed state would be a good addiction.

@Syktek.7912 said:What are you going to do? Clear them? There's absolutely no point in being able to see the damage sources on you in downstate.

Let's count some ways...Maybe an ally could clear them, maybe you could inform them over a VOIP.If you have a way to become invulnerable (like elementalist) you could time it when you have more conditions to mitigate more damage.The aforementioned ability to clearly see if you're blinded so you can understand if you need to auto again before using your interrupt.If you manage to rally you can be prepared to clear them so you don't go down again immediately.

Sometimes I don't understand what people are arguing against. Are you just opposed to making the game read more clearly? The game does show damage numbers and floating icons and visual effects to show that you're affected by specific conditions, so this isn't making the information available... just making the information clearer.

In a survival situation, your only goal is to hopefully fight for your life. Thats why all you have is a small handful of offensive and help get me up off the ground skills. More times than not you're going to die. Its just a last ditch effort to maybe get up off the ground or rezzed by another player.

Or if you're a ranger, your pet can be a boss and get you or as a necro you can kill people like a boss from the ground. Other than that, meh, accept your fate or make that enemy fight for that spike. ;)

Archived