Minor runes and sigils in 2018

Razor.6392

Please, PLEASE turn them into items that can be sold with the "Sell Junk" button.

Either that or make runes / sigils impossible to be salvaged unless you use at least a green salvage kit. It is ridiculous how long these little bugs have plagued everyone's bags without ANet doing something about it. Is it a secret plot to get people to buy inventory bag slots? I hope not lol.

Edit- Ideas gathered so far:

• Turn them into junk items (unviable because it needs a merchant).
  • Make runes and sigils impossible to be salvaged with Basic salvage kits or equivalent tools so that if you really want them, you can still get them.
  • Make runes and sigils themselves salvageable for copper / t1 leather or something different.
  • Replace everything with uindentified items.
  • Delete them from the game, like LoL removed basic runes back then. You can still use ruby fragments or those weird gemstones up until level 39 anyway.

@dragonkain.3984 said:One of reasons I avoid doing pve in this game, because its inventory management wars, not guild wars

It's not that hard to learn how to manage your inventory.

Step 1: Stop opening every container the second it pops into your inventory.Step 2: Salvage and deposit frequently.Step 3: You don't need 67 toys and tonics and random items in your bags all the times.

Another solution would be to give the Unidentified Gear Treatment to all Loottables to replace some amount of "trashloot" with Unidentified Gear - which makes inventory management a lot more enjoyable without taking anything away from us.

But I think the best solution would be to rethink the entire Sigil&Rune thing, anything other than their Superior versions are quite literally trashloot and serve no purpose. (I'm aware that some people toss them in the Mystic Forge to get higher Quality Runes/Sigils and eventually sell them for decent profit, but their original purpose is to serve as a gear upgrade). I remember when I started playing the game and I also remember that I didn't care about Sigils and Runes in any way until I reached Lv80 and seeked out the Superior ones. Minor Runes/Sigils had made absolutely no difference for me. They could just remove the Upgrade slots from every piece of gear below Exotic and remove all sigils and runes that aren't "Superior" and it wouldn't affect anyones gameplay, besides the fact that our inventories are less cluttered and we make slightly less gold which could be balanced by increasing the Junk-Droprate (You know, those items that are only there to clutter your inventory and serve as additional income, Broken Spoons and such, those items that server exactly the same purpose as minor runes and sigil for the majority of GW2 Players)

@Tentonhammr.7849 said:

@dragonkain.3984 said:One of reasons I avoid doing pve in this game, because its
inventory management wars
, not
guild wars

It's not that hard to learn how to manage your inventory.

Step 1: Stop opening every container the second it pops into your inventory.Step 2: Salvage and deposit frequently.Step 3: You don't need 67 toys and tonics and random items in your bags all the times.

How do you salvage or deposit runes and sigils my dude?

You realize that by salvaging, you create more runes and sigils, right? How do you get rid of those if no merchant is nearby? That's right, drag and drop each one of them. That's the extremely annoying part.

Archived