Profession Hierarchy

Michael Conrad.6704

Were the nine professions designed to be able to beat all others save for one (Achilles Heel ?). I envision a circular power chart with each profession having dominion over all others with the Condi-Necro, being all powerful but for the Diamond Armored Elementalist who in turn, in the hands of a competent player could beat not only the Necromancer but the others as well except for an aptly equipped Warrior who beat the specially arranged Engineer who could blah blah blah. Am I naively oversimplifying the player mechanics ? If I am not I would love to see a power chart whereby each profession stands in relation to the other eight.

I usually have a pretty good idea of whether I'm going to win a 1v1 before it starts based on the class other guy is playing. There are outliers at either extreme ofc but ultimately class seems to be a better predictor of the outcome than the other player's skill, to me. I wonder if others have a similar experience . . .

@Gop.8713 said:I usually have a pretty good idea of whether I'm going to win a 1v1 before it starts based on the class other guy is playing. There are outliers at either extreme ofc but ultimately class seems to be a better predictor of the outcome than the other player's skill, to me. I wonder if others have a similar experience . . .

These days? Absolutely. Prior to HoT you could pretty much outplay anything on anything if you were good enough. There were some OP's (dire condi mes) and tough matchups, but it felt way better.

Hmm...

DMG-Dealer in WvW-Zerg:

1 Ele (Meteor kills zergs, and other AOEs also powerfull)2 Scourge (shades,shades,shades....)3 Revenant (hammer,hammer,hammer,....)4 Warrior (yolo bubble, smashing face to keyboard, role about it, done)

other classes useless...

Support in WvW-Zerg:

1 Firebrand (heal+boons (+stability))2 Ele (heal+boons)3 Rev (boons)4 Scourge (barrier)5 Chrono boonshare

other classes useless...

in Roaming

1 Mesm (most sustain, most mobility, most dmg,...)2 Thief (infinite dodge roles, invis + massive dmg)3 Warrior (infinite block, invul + massive dmg)4 Ranger (great range + lot of sustain (heal+invuls)+ massive dmg+good mobility)5 Engi (good dmg+some sustain)6 Ele on scepter Focus (great dmg+sustain (Blocks and invuls) but less lifepoints and armor)7 Guard (good Allrounder)8 Rev (okay mobility, good dmg, some dodges + blocks)9 necro (slow moblity, slow cast, no sustain, no heal...)

Archived