New Fractal Ideas Discussion:

Wisty.4135

I've been thinking - I really have enjoyed fractals as they have been released, either the ones expanding on current lore or giving a further insight into past instances / focused portions of past events. As a lore delivery mechanism, I adore them. That being said, what are some things you'd like to see as the focus for new fractals?

Personally, I would love expansion of the charr history - the rise of the flame legion or perhaps the renegade insurrection that lead to the precursor of today's charr society.

Another fun idea would be "primitive" asura as they're first being besieged by destroyers and the chaos of needing to flee from the underground.

I'd also more expansion on LWS1 content/settings as fractals, if the implementing that as a playable story journal set is still not viable.

But the question's posed to you: content, mechanic or topic wise, what would you like to see included in new Fractals?

Yea, my new fractal idea is... how about some new fractals?? Like a LOT of them??? I dont get how everybody is so cool with running the same old 17 encounters over and over and over and over. Fractals are the core of PvE. Dungeons are dead, and raids are somewhat inaccessible. The entire PvE game in GW2 (for the majority of players) is fractals. But we're still running cliffside, uncategorized, etc. for the 10,000th time. It's an absolutely desperate lack of content.

Why don't you come up with a BRAND NEW fractal system (but call whatever you want) that replaces the current fractals the way that they replaced dungeons? Im sick to death of all these lame old encounters.

@Fallesafe.5932 said:Like a LOT of them???

Personally I would prefer quality over quantity. But I would indeed prefer any quantity over none at all. However, with the release of PoF there was the Oasis Fractal, which I quite enjoyed, and it was a step in the right direction, but I wish more regular additions could be a thing instead of generally being tied to a major(ish) release.

So much potential with fractals, quite honestly!

1. Orr before destruction
  2. Abaddon's fall but it has to be epic and great-looking
  3. Forgotten trying to convert Kralkatorrik maybe?
  4. GW1 missions. I'll take all of them. Please at least one.
  5. Malyck
  6. Chrysanthea
  7. Some of the fights from the books.

Whatever they do, however, I hope they don't forget about slaying sigils/potions or night time (fortunately twilight oasis has night time <3).And if they introduce awakened enemies I hope they fix the bug that Undead Slaying potions/sigils don't work on them.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

1. Orr before destruction
  2. Abaddon's fall but it has to be epic and great-looking
  3. Forgotten trying to convert Kralkatorrik maybe?
  4. GW1 missions. I'll take all of them. Please at least one.

All of these are fantastic, really. As I mentioned, Abbadon's Fall would be boss to experience, as would anything expanding on the forgotten or Crackle-twerk; for Orr, would that be as they're being confronted with the decision to sink it, or earlier than that?

With respect to the GW1 missions, I don't know; would that disincentivize people from purchasing and playing GW1? That might be the only hesitancy there, but those would all be ideas I could get behind.

Also in Arah the cleansing on Glint from Kralkatorrik's influence. Would be a nice fractal and we already have the asset - The Altar of Glaust - in the game. And we already have the forgotten skeleton model and animation, besides we could play as Enchanted Armor or things like that.

@Sister Saxifrage.7361 said:I've said before, I would love a repackaging of the scrapped Nightmare Court lane in Dragon's Stand. Finally we could learn what the heck they were doing there. Of course we would be skinned as NC sylvari.

That could certainly be a good idea. Honestly, the Sylvari lore is one of my favorites (behind Charr) so anything involving them is a welcome addition in my eyes. Could it have been a misguided attempt to resist Mordy? Or were there more convenient uses for being that close to the dragon? Certainly a topic worth exploring in a fractal, I'd think.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:Also in Arah the cleansing on Glint from Kralkatorrik's influence.

Interesting, though with something like this, might it be better suited to inclusion within a living story step relating to Krackletwerk instead? But conversely, could a story step give that piece of lore enough time to be satisfying? It's difficult to balance what would fit best where, but that's certainly something I'd enjoy playing.

I'd like to see more like Cliffside and uncategorised which utilise more mysterious settings.

If I was to pick something I would like to see, it would be during an earlier Elder Dragon rise. We could see Jormag's tooth being broken off or something more mundane like fighting a Lieutenant many tens of thousands of years ago.

@"Randulf.7614" said:I'd like to see more like Cliffside and uncategorised which utilise more mysterious settings.

So you'd prefer something not directly tied with plot points or identifiable locales/events, but rather reinforcing the self-contained nature that fractals currently present? ...More along the lines of observatory, nightmare (sorta), cliffside, or uncategorized. I'm cool with that as those tend to be some of my favorites to run barring the observatory; too long for most common groups I run.

But I think the expansion of the fractal "world" could certainly be quite fun, even if it continues with the stability and the loop-like nature of fractals themselves. Great ideas!

@Wisty.4135 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:I'd like to see more like Cliffside and uncategorised which utilise more mysterious settings.

So you'd prefer something not directly tied with plot points or identifiable locales/events, but rather reinforcing the self-contained nature that fractals currently present? ...More along the lines of observatory, nightmare (sorta), cliffside, or uncategorized. I'm cool with that as those tend to be some of my favorites to run barring the observatory; too long for most common groups I run.

But I think the expansion of the fractal "world" could certainly be quite fun, even if it continues with the stability and the loop-like nature of fractals themselves. Great ideas!

Well observatory is an awful fractal in every possible way, but essentially yes the style you suggest is my preference. Whilst I enjoy the molten and aetherblade ones, they feel a bit out of place as fractals as they are clearly sections of story. I get why they exist of course.

on an unrelated note, wouldn't it be amazing to get a new open world map which has the cliffside area except xxxx years later? And we could see some abandoned ruins or something like that. same with snowblind or swampland, anything.

As for what fractal worlds i like most, definitely ones tied to lore of gw (not necessarily current story or the galaxy). I would like to have hall of heroes/rift, things like solid ocean pretty much. I would love echovald forest fractal.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:on an unrelated note, wouldn't it be amazing to get a new open world map which has the cliffside area except xxxx years later? And we could see some abandoned ruins or something like that. same with snowblind or swampland, anything.

As for what fractal worlds i like most, definitely ones tied to lore of gw (not necessarily current story or the galaxy). I would like to have hall of heroes/rift, things like solid ocean pretty much. I would love echovald forest fractal.

I actually wouldnt want to see thise areas. The charm and appeal is in the not knowing. Sometimes filling in the blanks is just as much, if not more fun. Classic example being the floating castle in kessex - another place surrounded in mystery and imagination, which would be ruined if we went there.

@Sister Saxifrage.7361 said:I've said before, I would love a repackaging of the scrapped Nightmare Court lane in Dragon's Stand. Finally we could learn what the heck they were doing there. Of course we would be skinned as NC sylvari.

This, and a fractal version of the battle on the breachmaker, with a fractalfied bullethell for stomping scarlet are the two fractals I want to see the most!

I like to see fractal using glider and mount :)Fun but not tedious. Easy and relaxing to do for daily .. Hv challenge mode for better special reward just like current.. Long term reward ..Eg raids we hv gold reward and new skins to unlock. So there's a reason to do and spend our time on...New fractal weapon..New achievement points.New fractal currencyFractal armour skin collectionFractal mount skin collections

:p I didn't ask for too much did I?
The wish list is longer actually xD

1. Revised Marionette fractal. After you kill Marionette, you have to fight Scarlet.
  2. Command Char Siege against a giant Siege Devourer that goes crazy and attacks The Citadel.
  3. Something Cantha'ish. People have been asking for it forever.

If you really want to get nostalgic, redo some of the more memorable and difficult bosses from GW1.

Archived