(Controversial) Remove Damage On Poison

Abelisk.4527

(PvP/WvW)

As the title states, I expect this to be divided, but we'll see. Currently, Poison is a really nasty condition in that it is able to reduce healing power as well as deal damage over time. I don't get why Poison is able to do this since 33% is really strong.Poison can still stack in duration, but it will no longer deal damage. To compensate, Poison will have a 50% healing effectiveness decrease instead of 33%. IMO this will make it so that bunkers will have more trouble, and battles end quicker. Plus, it goes in line with Weakness, which reduces damage output by 50%.

Additionally, this will end the dreaded "condi thief" era, well maybe not end but definitely reduce its effectiveness (since it was able to stack multiple poison stacks at a time, dealing inmense damage). Thoughts? Anything you would like to add/change?

@Abelisk.4527 said:As the title states, I expect this to be divided, but we'll see. Currently, Poison is a really nasty condition in that it is able to reduce healing power as well as deal damage over time. I don't get why Poison is able to do this since 33% is really strong.Poison can still stack in duration, but it will no longer deal damage. To compensate, Poison will have a 50% healing effectiveness decrease instead of 33%. IMO this will make it so that bunkers will have more trouble, and battles end quicker. Plus, it goes in line with Weakness, which reduces damage output by 50%.

Additionally, this will end the dreaded "condi thief" era, well maybe not end but definitely reduce its effectiveness (since it was able to stack multiple poison stacks at a time, dealing inmense damage). Thoughts? Anything you would like to add/change?

What benefit would there be to using poison in PvE with this change?

The only change I'd like to see happen to Poison is to swap it's base damage with Bleeding... on the same note, increase damage scaling on Bleeding...

Reason being, Burning is the highest damage Condition, but has short durations. Bleeding is the only other Condition that just does straight damage, so it should be the second strongest since it doesn't have as short base durations as Burning. Poison has healing penalty, so it's damage shouldn't exceed that of Bleeding.

Sawapping the base damage of Poison with Bleeding will put poison's DoT equal to that of Confusion's and Torment's DoTs.

@Panda.1967 said:The only change I'd like to see happen to Poison is to swap it's base damage with Bleeding... on the same note, increase damage scaling on Bleeding...

Reason being, Burning is the highest damage Condition, but has short durations. Bleeding is the only other Condition that just does straight damage, so it should be the second strongest since it doesn't have as short base durations as Burning. Poison has healing penalty, so it's damage shouldn't exceed that of Bleeding.

Sawapping the base damage of Poison with Bleeding will put poison's DoT equal to that of Confusion's and Torment's DoTs.

But isn't bleeding also the most applied condition? The most frequently applied condition across most classes? Poison for Thief has some requirements most of the time, either from utilities or traits, otherwise we've only got Shortbow #4... On the other hand, bleed is abundant.

I imagine the story is the same for the other classes. Giving bleed a damage increase could make condis even more toxic than they already are.

Archived