Allow all Legendary Weapons to be crafted through cross expansion Mastery.

Many of the Legendary weapons already have this feature, I’m just asking for all past and future weapons to be opened to such crafting.If a person has PoF, but not HoT should they be automatically penalized for not owning the HoT expansion pack?There would be some necessary changes to individual scavenger hunts or achievements, but they could be added into future updates, patches, or festival happenings.(PS I know it won’t happen, but if we stop trying making suggestions on how to improve the game many good ideas won’t get put into the game for everyone to enjoy.)

@Game of Bones.8975 said:Many of the Legendary weapons already have this feature, I’m just asking for all past and future weapons to be opened to such crafting.If a person has PoF, but not HoT should they be automatically penalized for not owning the HoT expansion pack?There would be some necessary changes to individual scavenger hunts or achievements, but they could be added into future updates, patches, or festival happenings.(PS I know it won’t happen, but if we stop trying making suggestions on how to improve the game many good ideas won’t get put into the game for everyone to enjoy.)

but how about stopping to think for a second about what you are suggesting? The reason they stopped with the collections was because they couldn't keep up with the work. Where do you think they are going to find the time to redo the existing collections? Redoing an existing thing isn't necessarily less work and may even be more work than creating a completely new thing since you also have to make sure you didn't break the existing thing, especially for people who are in the middle of completing the collection.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:If a person has PoF, but not HoT should they be automatically penalized for not owning the HoT expansion pack?That's how expansions are sold: people only get the features when they buy. PoF owners don't get gliding, or access to some T2 legendaries. HoT owners don't get mounts. Each expansion has its own set of profession specializations.

So the question to ask is: why didn't PoF come with its own set of legendary weapons? Part of the answer is obvious: it takes them longer than we think to implement each new design. More subtle is the fact that legendaries have a limited appeal. According to GW2 Efficiency, only 41% of players own a legendary weapon; only 24% own two. That's a lot of design resources required to produce something that will be ignored by at least half the community.

I'm sure we'll see Gen3 at some point; I just don't see any chance that ANet is going to invest a lot more effort into undermining its own sales of HoT for Gen2.

Archived