[Work-around] Aurora Xunlai Ingot: How to Infuse it in Mt Maelstrom (despite bug)

Cross-Poster's Note: I am not the author; I'm just reposting it for people who might not be aware of this work-around.

User Silverwing wrote on Reddit:This just works for the people that need the Aurora Achievement and have to infuse their Xunlai Ingot with the Volcanic Rim Mastery Point. (Not for people that have to channel the mastery point for the first time to unlock it.) All you need is the new Prototype Position Rewinder!

• ... equip the rewinder, climb up to the highest peak of the volcano right next to the mastery point
  • Glide over to the mastery, stop gliding as soon as you are exactly over the mastery point and set your teleport (press 1, or whatever it is set to for you) INSIDE the mastery point in the air.
  • Land somewhere, face to the volcano so you can just press W in the next step. (to land on the little ledge) Also position your cursor at the spot where the chatbox will pop up.
  • Rewind, INSTANTLY spam F (or whatever your interaction key is set to) and try to click the dialogue box as fast as possible or glide right after the chat box opens to give you some time.
  • With a bit of luck and practice you've now infused your Ingot.

!

This took me about 20 Minutes and is not easy to do, but if you get the hang of it you can do it. Someone showed me ingame and I thought I'll spread the word. I bet there are more people that cant wait another week for their sweet Trinket. Good Luck!!

Update: Adding a suggestion from @Shirlias.8104

check on another mastery point or hero point the location of the chat.To help figure out how close you need to get before you try it mid-air.

Added:Apparently @"alez.2137" posted something similar on 14 March, without the same level of detail:

You have to use the new teleport item, place a teleport near the mp and then do this combination of keys: 2-F-SPACE-Left click over infuse dialog. You have to do very fast and aim correct to the dialog. But its doable.And later:glide to the mp and when you are very close and looking to the mastery use the prototype position rewinder skill 1.

Additional caveats:

• This could take anywhere from 5 min to 120 min.
  • It does require that you've already earned that mastery point (and it won't work to earn that point, because the channeling lasts longer than you can remain close by).

In other words, only try if you're not willing to wait until it's fixed by ANet (scheduled for the "next release," i.e. scheduled update, not emergency fix)

@alez.2137 said:We all know about that since 03/14,Actually, the first I learned of it was on Reddit, which was why I posted it here. I checked a couple of threads. I apologize for missing yours.

@alez.2137 said:Looks like some one is wh**ing karma on reddit copying a method and atribbuting the authory.Not at all: the OP of the Reddit post clearly said they weren't the "inventor" of the technique. They wrote, "Someone showed me ingame and I thought I'll spread the word."

• ArenaNet Staff

Thanks for making sure that more players see this. We're going to get the situation corrected, as you could see on the list of upcoming bug fixes I posted last week. But in the meantime, it's nice to know about a workaround.

Special thanks to those who came up with the idea and shared it!

@"alez.2137" said:We all know about that since 03/14, when I posted basically that same thing in the main forum (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/31337/map-geometry-issues-in-mount-maelstrom-preventing-acquiring-the-mastery-point/p2). Looks like some one is wh**ing karma on reddit copying a method and atribbuting the authory.

Hmm, now I wonder how I was able to simply walk up to the mastery insight and infuse a xunlai ingot a few months ago. So it wasn't an issue for all players. Wiki says the mastery insight is hanging in mid-air, but that's not true for me. I was even able to do the long channel about 2 months ago with my other account.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@"alez.2137" said:We all know about that since 03/14, when I posted basically that same thing in the main forum (
). Looks like some one is wh**ing karma on reddit copying a method and atribbuting the authory.

Hmm, now I wonder how I was able to simply walk up to the mastery insight and infuse a xunlai ingot a few months ago. So it wasn't an issue for all players. Wiki says the mastery insight is hanging in mid-air, but that's not true for me. I was even able to do the long channel about 2 months ago with my other account.

It wasn't broken a few months ago.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"alez.2137" said:We all know about that since 03/14, when I posted basically that same thing in the main forum (
). Looks like some one is wh**ing karma on reddit copying a method and atribbuting the authory.

But why is this workaround known since 2014? Is this a bug that comes and goes randomly?

@Faaris.8013 said:

But why is this workaround known since 2014? Is this a bug that comes and goes randomly?

It's not known since 2014, it's known since march 14th. American date format confusing you ;)

And Anet want to remove the ability of using the position rewind midair... why now? It’s more beneficial to keep this functionality than to remove it, this mastery bug aside, what is the benefit of removing the midair functionality of this item, when it does indeed prove useful?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/32221/upcoming-bug-fixes/p1

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

It's not known since 2014, it's known since march 14th. American date format confusing you ;)

Fuck me, of course that's what caused my confusion lol

Thanks

edit: thinking about it, of course it couldn't be 2014, the Tyria mastery insights have been added with PoF release. Sometimes I take things too literally and forget about implications.

Archived