S.A.B Trib Mode

Hey,

So this is aimed at the people who can run trib mode without any major hassles, I know the dodge jump is a must, and I can do it occasionally, but im curious as to what way you keybound this jump so that it completes everytime.

At the moment if feels unnatural as its not a jump we really have to use in the game, it would be great if we could keybind the dodge jump to 1 button, via the options.

@"Ok I Did It.2854" said:Hey,

So this is aimed at the people who can run trib mode without any major hassles, I know the dodge jump is a must, and I can do it occasionally, but im curious as to what way you keybound this jump so that it completes everytime.

At the moment if feels unnatural as its not a jump we really have to use in the game, it would be great if we could keybind the dodge jump to 1 button, via the options.

Nah, having Dodgejump bound to one key would take away all the fun... "fun".I don't think there is any combination for it to complete 100% of time.

Agreed. I don't bind my dodge jump. For me it's Space + C (changed my dodge to C because it's easier for me), but it's difficult to get it consistent regardless. I also don't use TaCO. Too cheap. Also, dodge jump isn't really required. You can do the ledge jump. Walk off any ledge and then jump after. Gives that extra bit of distance to make your jumps. I do it all the time.

I just use V +SPACE to dodge jump, but it took a lot of practice to do it consistently. As far as I'm aware there is no single key through key binding that will let you dodge jump. Dodge jumping isn't required for tribulation mode, and you can see a video guide made by Dulfy where she competes all zones in tribulation mode without dodge jumping. To be completely fair though, in my opinion, dodge jumping does make it easier.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:On W1Z2 after the forest, you come to the first lava lake, where there are 3 blocks, first 2 don't move but the 3rd one jumps up and knocks you back, how do you get around this without dodge jumping, do you just jump and jump again really fast.

Jump to the second rock and quickly jump back to the first. If you set off the jumping rock there is a slight delay before it can jump again. Use that time to move across safely.

As for dodge jumping there is only one jump I can recall that requires it and that is early in w2z2. However it can also be useful in other areas (but not required to complete).

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:On W1Z2 after the forest, you come to the first lava lake, where there are 3 blocks, first 2 don't move but the 3rd one jumps up and knocks you back, how do you get around this without dodge jumping, do you just jump and jump again really fast.

Jump to the second rock and quickly jump back to the first. If you set off the jumping rock there is a slight delay before it can jump again. Use that time to move across safely.

As for dodge jumping there is only one jump I can recall that requires it and that is early in w2z2. However it can also be useful in other areas (but not required to complete).

You can make the w2z2 jump without dodge jump. It just requires a little more precision than the average jump.

Archived