This is great

Math.5123

Qzkpm7s.pngConsidering only 2 out of the 4 attacks from the Avenger landed a critical hit on me. The defensive BLOCKING ABILITY "only" hit me for a whopping 19321 damage.This would be somewhat okay if this wasn't a defensive ability. If it didnt couple 19k damage with a 3 second block.

If they all would've crit the damage would output would've been increased to 26876. In 1 skill, which is once again. A BLOCK

@Arenanet still waiting for an update.

Edit: I used my dodges to dodge the Defenders / Disenchanters so don't bother coming with shit like "just dodge". Because in reality, you should not have to dodge a block.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Qzkpm7s.pngConsidering only 2 out of the 4 attacks from the Avenger landed a critical hit on me. The defensive BLOCKING ABILITY "only" hit me for a whopping 19321 damage.This would be somewhat okay if this wasn't a defensive ability. If it didnt couple 19k damage with a 3 second block.

If they all would've crit the damage would output would've been increased to 26876. In 1 skill, which is once again. A BLOCK

Edit: I used my dodges to dodge the Defenders / Disenchanters so don't bother coming with kitten like "just dodge". Because in reality, you should not have to dodge a block.

Chronophantasma and Signet of the ether are a problem, but once those are addressed I don't see a problem. People had to get good at dodging the phantasm summon for years during Heart of Thorns back when you had to because of Condi Chrono. It's been gone for a few months . I think it's absurd that you have to potentially dodge 3-6 of them. But without that, if you can't dodge a spell that has a very predictable 1.5 second cast time and a very obvious tell, I think it's a L2P issue. Just dodging when the phantasm is about to be summoned will completely cancel the summon.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:
Qzkpm7s.png
Considering only 2 out of the 4 attacks from the Avenger landed a critical hit on me. The defensive
BLOCKING ABILITY
"only" hit me for a whopping 19321 damage.This would be somewhat okay if this wasn't a defensive ability. If it didnt couple 19k damage with a 3 second block.

If they all would've crit the damage would output would've been increased to 26876. In 1 skill, which is once again.
A BLOCK

Edit: I used my dodges to dodge the Defenders / Disenchanters so don't bother coming with kitten like "just dodge". Because in reality, you should not have to dodge a block.

Chronophantasma and Signet of the ether are a problem, but once those are addressed I don't see a problem. People had to get good at dodging the phantasm summon for years during Heart of Thorns back when you had to because of Condi Chrono. It's been gone for a few months . I think it's absurd that you have to potentially dodge 3-6 of them. But without that, if you can't dodge a spell that has a very predictable 1.5 second cast time and a very obvious tell, I think it's a L2P issue. Just dodging when the phantasm is about to be summoned will completely cancel the summon.

It's not a question of wether or not I can dodge it. It's a question wether or not I have the endurance to dodge it.

Playing core Guardian, I have no access to Vigor (outside of CoP conversion) meaning 1 dodge every 10 seconds. I need to have Fury / Retaliation in order to somewhat even pressure the Mesmer. This means I HAVE to dodge Disenchanter (considering it's unblockable for god knows what reason). So, don't come in here spewing "L2P".

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Qzkpm7s.pngConsidering only 2 out of the 4 attacks from the Avenger landed a critical hit on me. The defensive BLOCKING ABILITY "only" hit me for a whopping 19321 damage.This would be somewhat okay if this wasn't a defensive ability. If it didnt couple 19k damage with a 3 second block.

OP's....19321 damage? Can i ask what kind of zerky build you have to be hit with 19321 damage? thq. :)

Qzkpm7s.png
Considering only 2 out of the 4 attacks from the Avenger landed a critical hit on me. The defensive
BLOCKING ABILITY
"only" hit me for a whopping 19321 damage.This would be somewhat okay if this wasn't a defensive ability. If it didnt couple 19k damage with a 3 second block.

If they all would've crit the damage would output would've been increased to 26876. In 1 skill, which is once again.
A BLOCK

It's not a question of wether or not I can dodge it. It's a question wether or not I have the endurance to dodge it.

Playing core Guardian, I have no access to Vigor (outside of CoP conversion) meaning 1 dodge every 10 seconds. I need to have Fury / Retaliation in order to somewhat even pressure the Mesmer. This means I HAVE to dodge Disenchanter (considering it's unblockable for god knows what reason). So, don't come in here spewing "L2P".

Once Chronophantasma and Signet of the Ether have been dealt with, I'm still not seeing a problem.

@"Vieux P.1238" said:Mesmer prolly running on the disenchanter meta.. But what was the defender running on? I mean he got hit with 19321 damage. You can't be hit by 19321 damage unless your running some kind of glassy build.

I was on Valkyrie Hammer Guardian.

That's the crit condition build, right? https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Radiant_Hammeryou do know your counter is boon removal builds?

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:Mesmer prolly running on the disenchanter meta.. But what was the defender running on? I mean he got hit with 19321 damage. You can't be hit by 19321 damage unless your running some kind of glassy build.

That's the crit condition build, right?
you do know your counter is boon removal builds?

Which is why I'm dodging the Disenchanters in order to keep prot / retal / fury / might up ;)

@Vieux P.1238 said:Mesmer prolly running on the disenchanter meta.. But what was the defender running on? I mean he got hit with 19321 damage. You can't be hit by 19321 damage unless your running some kind of glassy build.

Which is why I'm dodging the Disenchanters in order to keep prot / retal / fury / might up ;)

Well if you keep at it, you'l build up your skill well anoth to actually well time everything like i do. I main a mesmer & mesmers for me is not a problem cuz i learned the hard way how to manage & time my dodges & defenses as well as my offenses. It's called skill playing. I bet in a couple of weeks you'l get to that level as well.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Well if you keep at it, you'l build up your skill well anoth to actually well time everything like i do. I main a mesmer & mesmers for me is not a problem cuz i learned the hard way how to manage & time my dodges & defenses as well as my offenses. It's called skill playing. I bet in a couple of weeks you'l get to that level as well.

Mesmer vs mesmer is a lot different from core hammer guardian vs mesmer, though. It's like saying "I can beat Pikachu in Super Smash Brothers on easy mode, no problem. One day you will be as good as I am." in response to "I'm having a hard time beating Pikachu on hard mode." O_o

@Kako.1930 said:

Mesmer vs mesmer is a lot different from core hammer guardian vs mesmer, though. It's like saying "I can beat Pikachu in Super Smash Brothers on easy mode, no problem. One day you will be as good as I am." in response to "I'm having a hard time beating Pikachu on hard mode." O_o

Mesmer vs mesmer is Not what i meant.. I meant i've learned skill's on my main witch is mesmer. But i counter mesmers with any classe's because i've got good skill's & i manage all my defenses & offenses as good as my main. It's just skill play. Problem is lots of classe's in Gw2 did not need to rely on skill play cuz of ridiculous passives or 1 button jokes with one trick pony combo's. Making it lazy players who call them selves pros. If you played mesmer in the last 5 years you'l notice that that class relies on over extending skill play to actually win fights.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Mesmer vs mesmer is Not what i meant.. I meant i've learned skill's on my main witch is mesmer. But i counter mesmers with any classe's because i've got good skill's & i manage all my defenses & offenses as good as my main. It's just skill play. Problem is lots of classe's in Gw2 did not need to rely on skill play cuz of ridiculous passives or 1 button jokes with one trick pony combo's. Making it lazy players who call them selves pros. If you played mesmer in the last 5 years you'l notice that that class relies on over extending skill play to actually win fights.

Over the past 5 years there have been times when that was true, but now isn't one of those times. Mesmer isn't my main, but I have played it quite a bit. I actually wanted to switch to being a mesmer main because of how useful and strong it is, but I always just get the urge to go back to ele/engi out of boredom. Granted, I don't think they're THAT much stronger than they should be, and my only real problem with them is their sheer number of illusions that clutters up the screen and makes some characters disappear if you don't have your character limit set to Highest at the moment, but they're still ridiculously easy to play compared to pretty much anything else right now.

@Kako.1930 said:

Over the past 5 years there have been times when that was true, but now isn't one of those times. Mesmer isn't my main, but I have played it quite a bit. I actually wanted to switch to being a mesmer main because of how useful and strong it is, but I always just get the urge to go back to ele/engi out of boredom. Granted, I don't think they're THAT much stronger than they should be, and my only real problem with them is their sheer number of illusions that clutters up the screen and makes some characters disappear if you don't have your character limit set to Highest at the moment, but they're still ridiculously easy to play compared to pretty much anything else right now.

Yes, clutter..that's the whole point of the mesmer. Keeping ennemies confused with all the clutterness. With out it, the mesmer is just a sitting dead target. Mesmers class is just no good with out it. As i said before, i can deal with mesmers & so can you. You can cleave, Hammer pop or AoE all the illusions & that, before getting hit by any shatters. You can dodge, you can evade or just click damage immunitie skill's if your good anoth. I mean the necro minion rat clutter is far more dangerous in terms of damage vs clones & illusions that pops easy like balloons. & minions clutter as much and more then mesmers.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

WVBg00q.jpgYes. One day, I may improve.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Yes, clutter..that's the whole point of the mesmer. Keeping ennemies confused with all the clutterness. With out it, the mesmer is just a sitting dead target. Mesmers class is just no good with out it. As i said before, i can deal with mesmers & so can you. You can cleave, Hammer pop or AoE all the illusions & that, before getting hit by any shatters. You can dodge, you can evade or just click damage immunitie skill's if your good anoth. I mean the necro minion rat clutter is far more dangerous in terms of damage vs clones & illusions that pops easy like balloons. & minions clutter as much and more then mesmers.

Lol, no, not even close. The minions have a preloaded appearance so they don't cause other player characters to cull just because you summon them all. I don't have a problem 1 v 1ing mesmers because I've been playing way long enough to deal with the faceroll bandwagon riders that hop from meta to meta, but when they start to impact the overall game and cause their illusions to take a higher loading priority than actual player models, then that's an issue for me.

I'll definitely be playing with "highest" character rendering options and standard character models to combat this until it's changed, but I don't agree that this is the way that it's supposed to be. Mesmers were just fine when they were limited to 3 illusions, back when they required actual skill to play. They don't need 10+ now.

WVBg00q.jpg

Yes. One day, I may improve.

& your complaining?

@Vieux P.1238 said:

WVBg00q.jpg

& your complaining?

Me being good at the game has nothing to do with Chronomancers being overpowered.

WVBg00q.jpg

& your complaining?

Me being good at the game has nothing to do with Chronomancers being overpowered.

Yes it does. You want to nerf Chrono becuz what? becuz it counters your build. You need to tweak your build instead of asking for a nerf. Cuz Chrono is way not overpowered. Your problem is you can't deal with a Boon removal build. Weird, i can with your build despite it counters my guardian as much as you. You just want it easy instead of looking for some special tweak that will help you out. I'm sorry i can't follow your reasoning & not going to agree with you cuz your build can't deal with it.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

WVBg00q.jpg

& your complaining?

Yes it does. You want to nerf Chrono becuz what? becuz it counters your build.No, I want Chrono nerfed because it counters
every build
. There isn't a single build that beats it 1v1.

Archived