Thank you for putting confusion back on axe 3! :D

Curunen.8729

"Axes of Symmetry: This skill has regained its confusion-inflicting function. Confusion remains split between game modes and will inflict 6 stacks for 3 seconds in PvP and WvW, and 3 stacks for 8 seconds in PvE, with each clone inflicting one stack of the condition."

I don't usually do separate threads but on this one occasion I have to say thank you very much Anet for restoring confusion to axe 3. Sincerely appreciated here. I suppose I'd better change my signature now! :D

@musu.9205 said:important question , how much more damage the confusion does now to pve mob ?

Hopefully someone else can post regarding numbers as I don't know.

Excited about having the cover condition again for wvw, feels like a reward for landing axe 3 rather than increasing the easily cleansed stacks of torment. I imagine there could be an increase in axe condi mirages in pvp too.

Is bad, like horrible for pve and we just got nerfed.... basically they did made the confusion damage bigger for non players, but ON SKILL USAGE, pasive tick remains the same for both, AKA trash as we all know how often pve enemies atack right? basically they just killed axe 3 as a dps on pve, just dont use it at all.

@Curunen.8729 said:

@musu.9205 said:important question , how much more damage the confusion does now to pve mob ?

Hopefully someone else can post regarding numbers as I don't know.

Excited about having the cover condition again for wvw, feels like a reward for landing axe 3 rather than increasing the easily cleansed stacks of torment. I imagine there could be an increase in axe condi mirages in pvp too.

just checked in game , its just doing double damage on pve mob now . so pretty useless against a lot of mobs .

Shared before and after videos against a couple of open world bosses in the other thread. It looks like a damage nerf, which is what you'd expect in PvE when a condition doesn't take condition damage stat into account at all for the majority of its damage. Poor scaling = broken condition. They didn't fix it.

I just like the change for the fact it makes my feel more mesmery. Just a flavor but I was pretty mad when they replaced confusion with torment.Torment seemed so necromancish to me.I'm glad mesmer got his confusion back :)

Balancing damage is another thing, hope they make it similiar to torment damage. Didn't test it though.

Mirage is better with the confusion and axe change , sometimes it can tick very high multiple times , so yeah atleast confusion is now somewhat useful, you cant rly BM it so everyone who doesnt know how confusion works will say its a nerf , its a buff of somekind but it would be better if they made the non-active ticks to scale normally

Yes ANET, big thanks for this! Of course I am biased as a primary WvW player. It sure nice to see something else in the axe attack chain that is not so easily cleared. And yes, it's nice to see enemies self immolate once again at the end of real fights when both parties are at less than 10%. +1 to KAS, it also makes me feel "Mesmery" again. Confusion is truly something that makes this class special as it speaks to the mind gaming lore / history of the Mesmer since GW1.

Archived