Nice! One of the suggestions I made got implemented!!!

kKagari.6804

•Some of the icons the player can select on the world map or compass have changed. When holding shift and left-clicking, the options are now a red circle (the default), a sword, a shield, a caution sign, and a red X.

made here, way back when:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/1251/the-spvp-ui-upgrades-we-need-and-probably-deserve#latest

and in the official arenanet update suggestions a few months ago (that I can't be bothered to dig up!)

Woo!

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We still have the list of suggestions and will keep working on it slowly!

A suggestion I have related to this that's probably been made before is an option to change the shift+left click ping keybind from shift to something else. I have shift bound to weapon swap and I'd imagine some people probably use it to dodge, this is a bit of a problem because every time I ping on the map I swap weapon. If I didn't main ele I would've changed my keybind by now, i try to only ping out of combat on other classes :p

they actually do read through alot of our posts lol. i remember back when there was a bunch of qq about rangers longbow #2 rapid fire, and i suggested that they add an animation to #4 point blank shot, similar to warriors longbow #5. not saying theres any connection, but... the hope is real!

• ArenaNet Staff

@Crann.1342 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We still have the list of suggestions and will keep working on it slowly!

A suggestion I have related to this that's probably been made before is an option to change the shift+left click ping keybind from shift to something else. I have shift bound to weapon swap and I'd imagine some people probably use it to dodge, this is a bit of a problem because every time I ping on the map I swap weapon. If I didn't main ele I would've changed my keybind by now, i try to only ping out of combat on other classes :p

Yeah, it's on our list from before to look into eventually!

If the suggestion was mentioned in September 2017 and got released in May 2018, does that we can expect changes we actually ask for 8 months after they are raised?

Does that mean scourge is up for it's rework soon (8 months since pof)Also only 5 more months of chrono being broken HYPE!

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

What about splitting Demonic Lore from PvP and WvW so that in PvE Torment always applies burning? :3

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

I use arrow keys for movement and the surrounding keys are bound to various functions - R Shift is my jump/swim up and R CTRL is my dodge/swim down. I'm sure you can image the issues I have encountered over the years and continue to experience nearly every time I load up the game due to those keys also being hard-coded UI interaction modifier keys.

I am very glad to hear that being able to re-bind the UI interaction modifier keys is something that is on your list to look into, even if it is marked as 'eventually'. Thank you for responding to this suggestion.

Archived