Let's party like it's 1986

Frostmane.9734

Why are mesmers the only ones who get portals? Engineers have been teleporting since 1986... Just ask Jeff Goldblum.

We need an elite gadget skill and I want people moving teleportation pads, but no human/fly hyrbids. Further distance and longer duration than the mesmer utility skill.

Anet, do it.

One thing to consider is Engineers can reach places other classes can't (lots of leap based movement skills). And Mesmers have no mobility option that doesn't also have path finding limits, which is a big deal in WvW where this can actually matter with structures.

What I don't understand is why Engineers never got a launch pad skill (create a leap between 2 points). I could had sworn this idea was a thing a long time ago....

1984- You forgot about Buckaroo Banzai. 1985- and then Doc Brown from 'Back to the Future.' Have Rocket boots leave a flame trail on the ground and allow you to wind up on the inside of an enemy keep or tower if you activate them whilst standing just in front of the outside face of the wall.

@Iozeph.5617 said:1984- You forgot about Buckaroo Banzai. 1985- and then Doc Brown from 'Back to the Future.' Have Rocket boots leave a flame trail on the ground and allow you to wind up on the inside of an enemy keep or tower if you activate them whilst standing just in front of the outside face of the wall.

Remember the Jumping boots from the Super Mario Bros movie? You wish you didn't. And now you're cursing me for reminding you it existed....... and I hate myself for it.

@Iozeph.5617 said:1984- You forgot about Buckaroo Banzai. 1985- and then Doc Brown from 'Back to the Future.' Have Rocket boots leave a flame trail on the ground and allow you to wind up on the inside of an enemy keep or tower if you activate them whilst standing just in front of the outside face of the wall.

Did Doc Brown teleport or time travel? Is there a practical difference? Who can say? But it does bring up another interesting point, why do mesmers get control of time? That's most definitely an engineers territory as well.

@starlinvf.1358 said:Remember the Jumping boots from the Super Mario Bros movie? You wish you didn't. And now you're cursing me for reminding you it existed....... and I hate myself for it.

I know that I'd watched it. Or rather that it was rented and played whilst I was in the room, but it was utterly ignorable and forgettable then and til now. Not anymore. So yes, thanks for that. And curse you!

Edit: That said, I wouldn't mind a new gadget in the form of jumping boots for the engineer. I know we have jump shot and mounts, but a gadget for just getting air by jumping straight up would be fun.

Archived