PoF Theorycraft - Post your soulbeast build

NemesiS.6749

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@meeflak.9714 said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAoYVnE8C1sgtrAerAUtgFDBLf62dHvNdggVVjJAM6aAlI1zA

Besides the complete lack of CC, how bad is this for a possible raid build ?

Edit: for some reason equipment page didn't save

Armor/weapons/trinkets all vipersWith runes of the krait/geomancy,malice sigil'sRare veggie pizza and toxic focusing crystals

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAoYVnE8C1sgtrAm8CUtgFDBrpDEsqa5T3u74lJAM6aAl8sUA-jxhHQBEU5HI2fAAnBA6p+jGVCSO9B16RAQKgFVWB-e

Added it back in

@meeflak.9714 said:

@meeflak.9714 said:

Armor/weapons/trinkets all vipersWith runes of the krait/geomancy,malice sigil'sRare veggie pizza and toxic focusing crystals

Added it back in

I hate to be the one telling you, as I myself once had this vision of daggers being ' viable', but sadly, in their current form (main the main hand) is just sub par.If you want to go the Viper's route then there is really no reason to step away from Axe/Torch. Dagger/Dagger does nowhere near the same amount of dps.

If poison is going to become a thing then Dagger main-hand might see play, but Poison master and Predator's Cunning are just lackluster and can not carry the poison focussed playstyle sadly (even though Poison master is used in the current top benchmark for rangers, it is really not a trait that does all that much sadly..)The above 2 traits need a small buff as well as dagger main-hand to let this become viable.

Trust me, I want nothing more than dagger/dagger to be a thing (Even bought Marjory package just for the 'imo' best dagger skin in the game) :(

@Skuzz.6580 said:

@meeflak.9714 said:

@meeflak.9714 said:

Added it back in

I hate to be the one telling you, as I myself once had this vision of daggers being ' viable', but sadly, in their current form (main the main hand) is just sub par.If you want to go the Viper's route then there is really no reason to step away from Axe/Torch. Dagger/Dagger does nowhere near the same amount of dps.

If poison is going to become a thing then Dagger main-hand might see play, but Poison master and Predator's Cunning are just lackluster and can not carry the poison focussed playstyle sadly (even though Poison master is used in the current top benchmark for rangers, it is really not a trait that does all that much sadly..)The above 2 traits need a small buff as well as dagger main-hand to let this become viable.

Trust me, I want nothing more than dagger/dagger to be a thing (Even bought Marjory package just for the 'imo' best dagger skin in the game) :(

We can dream =(

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAofVjUqQ7KWzCuqAVLWMEMmAworB00BCWVt8qb3d8ei0LDL-jhiAQBT4IAYTlgQU9HAcCAimWAQq8DaPAAAqLoAHCgAu/ApA8TYF-e

Here is my general PvE build. I dont normally play condi but im kind of looking forward to this.

I know not many people are a fan of mainhand dagger but i think combined with the lifesteal and frequent poison application it might not be too terrible in dps.

Condi sPvP and open PvE. Still wondering between Live Fast or Unstoppable Union and Eternal Bond or Oppressive Superiority. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV4YnEqAN8i1sAOsAUtgFDBjJAM6KdNbgUXLIv62dHvnsYNOD-jpRAQBA4BAEyDCw+KDkyLAgHOCA9Y/BA

Open PvE and fooling around with Axe. Nothing too serious. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRBHhx+0JBvQDvYHvgFLALvYpQwyrub3yLz7qdl6eSA5uAQJmfM-jBSBQBiS9HK8AAiwBBAAnAAyo8bkKBLy+DP4IAAA-e

Just in general people, for Open World PvE builds (for leveling and going through the PvE zones) nothing comes close to the effectiveness of Beastmastery.

I would use: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQBQJRwyfu6uPBgkFA as a base setup for pretty much all Open world Builds honestly.Pet's Prowess alone is worth it to take Beastmastery for (I am well aware that we have mounts to get us around faster, but in between monster packs the added movement speed is very handy) +300 Ferocity is the biggest Ferocity buff out there on any trait we have access to. Potent Ally and Resounding Timbre are both very useful traits while soloing, and if you end up using an axe in either hand then Honed Axes makes the Crits you do even more ridiculous.Also don't forget about natural Healing, it actually heals YOU every 3 seconds.

Anyway, that is just my opinion and what I am going to use in all my builds until I get to the later stages.

Think i'm gonna try a meele power build (or one without cleanse but more critdmg ) or a hybrid build for the beginning.Using the hawk/eagle in alle builds because (hope it works as stated in the tooltip) the low cooldown on the Lacerating Slash skill in combination with Live FastAll 3 variant are at the moment mainly intended for pve/solo content, because i don't know how they actually will work.Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome, since the math in build creation isn't really my thing and i'm mainly looking for the stats and some trait synergys.

@Ronan.9518 said:Think i'm gonna try a meele power build (or one without cleanse but more critdmg ) or a hybrid build for the beginning.Using the hawk/eagle in alle builds because (hope it works as stated in the tooltip) the low cooldown on the Lacerating Slash skill in combination with Live FastAll 3 variant are at the moment mainly intended for pve/solo content, because i don't know how they actually will work.Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome, since the math in build creation isn't really my thing and i'm mainly looking for the stats and some trait synergys.

Live Fast did not work with pet F2s during the tests, only with the F3 while melded. Hopefully that is changed, but I am not holding my breath.

For WvW Solo-Roaming:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsYRjEqQLL2wC+rAVLWSEs8o70t7+EAWBvum01u6EUy0OA-j1CHQBCUpyTUCCElV+RlgBcIAUx+DA4IAIO9BE4EA0H1dKwDAoxgAg///KESSAA-w

when i'm brainafk roaming:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsYRjEqQLL2wC+rAVLW4EMn/2A4wlvabt32mhVlKAUiDTD-j1CHQB9RdHVs/AQUWVgHAABOBAD4QA4HVCAwRAQc6DEoSlnoEsxgAg///KESSAA-w

both are an alteration of my normal nm, ws, bm (or nm, ws, druid for condi-hate) build. Sure, it's not the best melee-build out there, but i can defend myself pretty well with it, so i'll stick with that playstyle for soulbeast too.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, sometimes i change SoR to Sic'Em! for stealth-focuses thiefs, trap-rangers and engis.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Ronan.9518 said:Think i'm gonna try a meele
(or one without cleanse but
) or a
for the beginning.Using the hawk/eagle in alle builds because (hope it works as stated in the tooltip) the low cooldown on the
skill in combination with
All 3 variant are at the moment mainly intended for pve/solo content, because i don't know how they actually will work.Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome, since the math in build creation isn't really my thing and i'm mainly looking for the stats and some trait synergys.

Live Fast did not work with pet F2s during the tests, only with the F3 while melded. Hopefully that is changed, but I am not holding my breath.

Thanks for the info. Too sad, would have been funny with the nearly spamable quickness. Guess i have to change pet then, and a few soulbeast traits.

My power roamer: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnE8CN8itCCOsAs8iFPBLv0maftPrgAQhjpXtrubp490tgE-jBCEABtpLAgjAAT7P0kyPAVCSwjAwe1fQ4CAQKABVGB-eWas a lot of fun during the beta and should continue to be unless Anet change anything drastically.

My condi roamer: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAof3YnE8CNsg1sAO8CctglEBr5Csrea5P3pb39JAksednMOVOA-j1xHABwpE0l9HYT/giq/AwTAY2TCASK/IFwiSjA-wMore or less an updated version of my old roaming build, not sure how effective it will be once everyone settles into the new builds but it should be alright.

@Prophet.1584 said:This is the WvW Zerg build i'll be using, i've been spending almost all my time in there since the last changes.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRBHhx+0JBvQHvYDvgtgAXLYpQwcadzuaXe2d7Gef6CRrAQKqyavLC-j1RBQBA4kA4Rlfa7JAcQ1fun+hXqEcf7PEA4AY+yX+yHM/8zP/8z32zP/8zP/8zP/8zXKALWpB-w

I really like your build. Seems something I might've come up with too, if I'd still be playing WvW zerg, which I haven't since raids came out. Maybe I will again some day.The synergy between your traits, utility skills, rune, pets (with soulbeast in mind) and weapons, so like everything, is very nice. Seems you can keep yourself up very well with this build, but also contribute a lot to your squad/zerg.

A matter of preference probably:

1. I never really liked sword/x in zerg-fights, because of the little reach and it being more of a hybrid weapon imo. But if it works for you it works right? Maybe I should try it again after that major patch like a year ago, I always stickied to a target and couldn't move well with the zerg and aa-ing sword. Axe off hand I really like too though.
  2. I always put one 25 max stacks on my weapons, though maybe it binds you to that weapon a bit in the beginning if you want that max stacks, because I want that other sigil to be something significant.
  3. There doesn't seem to be a lot of condi-removal in this build. Only your healing stance, correct? But maybe that's enough? I haven't tested SoulBeast and it's skills yet. Or you have in mind that you're in a squad which has enough condi removal.

Anyways nice build! Really like it.

I’ll try this build and see if it’s viable for fractals/raids, the last skill can either be frost/stone/sun spirit, moa stance (if you take leader of the pack), or sharpening stone, depending on the group needs. You can also take bear stance + leader of the pack during condition heavy boss fights, such as Sloth, in order to have backup cleansing, otherwise “we heal as one” might be the best option since the duplication also worked (when in beastmode) on boons given by allied during the beta.Since F1 and F2 skills in beastmode deal no damage I take the Red Moa for ferocious and the heal, and Rock Gazelle for ferocious and the mobility (useful only in open world and to rush between rooms) and because the insane charge damage dealt by the pet might still be around, though I wouldn’t be to hopeful about that.

@Alchimist.4738 said:I’ll try this build and see if it’s viable for fractals/raids, the last skill can either be frost/stone/sun spirit, moa stance (if you take leader of the pack), or sharpening stone, depending on the group needs. You can also take bear stance + leader of the pack during condition heavy boss fights, such as Sloth, in order to have backup cleansing, otherwise “we heal as one” might be the best option since the duplication also worked (when in beastmode) on boons given by allied during the beta.Since F1 and F2 skills in beastmode deal no damage I take the Red Moa for ferocious and the heal, and Rock Gazelle for ferocious and the mobility (useful only in open world and to rush between rooms) and because the insane charge damage dealt by the pet might still be around, though I wouldn’t be to hopeful about that.

According to the wiki Rock Gazelle would be a stout pet. Not sure which one is right.

I'm planning on using something like this for open world roaming. Great burst, ton of might, quickness, fury, and swiftness, and even a passive movement speed bonus while melded. It probably needs to be optimized a bit, but from the little I got to try in the beta it looks great.

But what might ruin this for me is if they don't fix the issue of beastmeld ending when you use a mount. It's always best to open with meld active with this build, so it would be annoying to have to re-merge with your pet every time you jumped off the mount.

@Ronan.9518 said:

@Alchimist.4738 said:
, the last skill can either be frost/stone/sun spirit, moa stance (if you take leader of the pack), or sharpening stone, depending on the group needs. You can also take bear stance + leader of the pack during condition heavy boss fights, such as Sloth, in order to have backup cleansing, otherwise “we heal as one” might be the best option since the duplication also worked (when in beastmode) on boons given by allied during the beta.Since F1 and F2 skills in beastmode deal no damage I take the Red Moa for ferocious and the heal, and Rock Gazelle for ferocious and the mobility (useful only in open world and to rush between rooms) and because the insane charge damage dealt by the pet might still be around, though I wouldn’t be to hopeful about that.

According to the
Rock Gazelle would be a stout pet. Not sure which one is right.

During the beta it was ferocious.

Archived