New to the game

Melanie.3082

Hi everyone, I'm a few days new, bought the game because I enjoyed it a lot and have been doing a bit of everything except this. I was wondering how my server was for this and if I can post to find a guild here for Sea of sorrows!

Any advice would be nice also about anything, thanks in advanced!

@Melanie.3082 said:Hi everyone, I'm a few days new, bought the game because I enjoyed it a lot and have been doing a bit of everything except this. I was wondering how my server was for this and if I can post to find a guild here for Sea of sorrows!

Welcome. Usually you can just go into WvW and ask around. WvW guilds tend to recruit from there and most communities will have some sort of discord or website with information about their guilds.

Welcome to WvW. Like any other game that some take as more competitive than others, you will run into the vocal troll or two. But ignore them.

Some active guilds on SoS and likely some of them will respond in this thread.

Enjoy your time, work On improving, learn from deaths and don't stress over them. It's normal.

And again, have fun! It good to have new targe,,, err. Players.

@"Melanie.3082" said:Hi everyone, I'm a few days new, bought the game because I enjoyed it a lot and have been doing a bit of everything except this. I was wondering how my server was for this and if I can post to find a guild here for Sea of sorrows!

There is a thread in the forums "looking for guild" you can post there as well. If you are new to WvW make sure you have toughness and vitality in your gear to help with survivability as you get more comfortable with the game mode; along with condi cleanses in your utilities. Take a look at the WvW builds on metabattle for your class and make one your own. It takes time to get comfortable with the game mode but you will find it is a lot of fun.

Generally, you can zone into a map and find a commander's "dorito" tag running around. If you click on that, click on join squad you can run about with a larger group which helps get xp and reward tracks. Also, find out your server's discord or teamspeak information. You don't have to have a mic. Just listen and do as told. :)

Finally, WvW has it's own Mastery system that appears on the 4th tab of the WvW window. Gliding appears at the bottom of the Mastery list you and need 3 points for basic Gliding which can really help keep up with the squad. I only trained to the 3rd option simply because I am never gliding long enough to care about the other 2 but that is up to you. I suggest training Supply Master next because it opens up additional tabs at certain vendors once it is fully trained.

Welcome to the battle and have fun!

Welcome to the more "toxic" but more fun side of GW2. My best advice to you is bring your thick skin and shrug stuff off. SoS is an okay server that does well at capping objectives, but isn't great at fights. It's probably one of the more newbie-friendly servers to learn on while you decide what kind of server culture you're looking for.

@Melanie.3082 said:I see, thanks! I don't even have normal gliding yet, do I need that before unlocking it there? And how is sea of sorrows for world vs world usually? I picked a high populated server hoping it's not empty

WvW gliding is separate from PvE gliding masteries so you just need to unlock it by earning WvW ranks and spending points on the gliding abilities.

I’ll echo that guilds recruit in WvW and many servers have more newbie friendly guilds for beginners (teaching the ropes etc).

@saerni.2584 said:

@Melanie.3082 said:I see, thanks! I don't even have normal gliding yet, do I need that before unlocking it there? And how is sea of sorrows for world vs world usually? I picked a high populated server hoping it's not empty

WvW gliding is separate from PvE gliding masteries so you just need to unlock it by earning WvW ranks and spending points on the gliding abilities.

I’ll echo that guilds recruit in WvW and many servers have more newbie friendly guilds for beginners (teaching the ropes etc).

Well... it's separate, but I believe you Also need HoT to be able to spend the points in WvW. Like with shield gens.

I could be wrong though, it's been a while for me.

Archived