Condi engi... it's gonna be buffed up to scourge/mirage standards, isn't it... -.-

Zefrost.3425

The real reason condi engi is bad is because everything has been so overbuffed - defense and offense wise. Therefore, the only way to balance condi engineer is to buff it as well! I'm guessing our next elite spec will be condi based and it will be absurd, rather than balanced like it currently is.

@Zefrost.3425 said:The real reason condi engi is bad is because everything has been so overbuffed - defense and offense wise. Therefore, the only way to balance condi engineer is to buff it as well! I'm guessing our next elite spec will be condi based and it will be absurd, rather than balanced like it currently is.

LOL

They'd have to give engineer an absurd amount of condis to make it comparable to scourge or condi mirage in PvP. Both scourge and mirage fart out near-lethal conditions in the time it takes for poison dart volley to even finish channeling.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Zefrost.3425 said:The real reason condi engi is bad is because everything has been so overbuffed - defense and offense wise. Therefore, the only way to balance condi engineer is to buff it as well! I'm guessing our next elite spec will be condi based and it will be absurd, rather than balanced like it currently is.

LOL

They'd have to give engineer an absurd amount of condis to make it comparable to scourge or condi mirage in PvP. Both scourge and mirage fart out near-lethal conditions in the time it takes for poison dart volley to even finish channeling.

and while they do that they also spam blind daze and weakness reducing counterplay to null pretty much

Condi engi could be balanced without releasing new power-creep, and it'd fix other builds as well, like condi ranger, condi rev and burn guard.. but the player base is going to aboslutely HATE it...

The game needs less condi cleanse.

Back when the great condi nerf patch hit, condi stacks were decreased, duration was increased, but condi cleanse was untouched... Now, as anyone with experience playing with or against condi builds can tell you, that is a MASSIVE nerf. It means you now have far less pressure from condi with the same amount of cleanse. To keep things fair, you need to nerf cleanse too.

(.. and yeah, you probably need to nerf Scourge/Mirage, because those were passed over in the great condi nerf patch and are still too spammy)

Anet can't afford making buffs to the condition side of engineer because it'll just worsen the overall situation. If anything, it's the other condi classes that could use some toning down, as well as, indirectly, the very few cleansing setups that work against said condi classes.

• 3 weeks later...

@PierPiero.9142 said:

@Mal.1670 said:

@Jaruselka.5943 said:Bad class is bad...

Then what are you doing here lol :) Condi engi used to be the king of condi builds so it's unsurprising it's been addressed. Now it's just strange that Holosmith has some interesting condi traits that are ignored for purely power builds...

do you think condi holo viable ?

If it was viable im sure SC and/or QT would have figured that out already, from what i understood the photon forge mode in a condi setup resulted to be a dps loss, since the skill 4 was the only one worth it to use as condi, everything else was lowering you down your dps, that would have been fine if you were able to insta swap back to a kit, but that's not the case...

Mesmer has always been strong against engineer, but yes the conditions need to be toned way down. Especially for scourge. I've been loaded up with so many conditions that I'm dead before I switch to holoforge. And then there's mirage. I just do aoe after aoe but I never hit them.

Archived