BASIC COLLECTION problem (not getting credit) - Raise the Banners: Salute to Palawa Joko

I am trying to complete the Basic Collection "Raise the Banners: Salute to Palawa Joko". I have finished Path of Fire. I am using the same character that unlocked the collection. I have 5 of the first 7 collection items completed. But the last 7 items are obtained from completing Path of Fire story steps (which as I mentioned, I have already done. Unfortunately, the collection wasn't unlocked on my first trip through).

I heaved a sigh, and proceeded to start re-playing the story steps. Unfortunately, I am not being rewarded with the collection items when I complete a story step.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to do all of PoF from scratch with another character. It's much easier with my Main, who already has everything mapped, and is more fun to play. Is there any way to retroactively get credit for what I've already done on my main character? Is this a known glitch? What am I missing here?

Initially, I played through with my Main character, and did NOT make the story choice to unlock the collection. Later, I re-played the relevant portion of Path of Fire WITH THE SAME CHARACTER and made the story choice that DID unlock the collection. I have 5 items filled in already using that character. But it is not giving me story step rewards on the character who unlocked the collection (presumably because I already did the story once).

I cannot RE-unlock the collection with another character, can I? Is getting the rewards contingent upon what character unlocks the collection?

Weird. You make that choice as part of a story chapter, and you have to make that choice in order to finish the chapter and move onto the next step. I'm not sure how you managed to do the story chapters that come after that one without finishing the Blazing a Trail chapter. But, regardless of that, your main character won't be able to get the story rewards a second time. A second character SHOULD be able to unlock the story rewards for the same collection, as long as they also choose Joko's aid during that chapter. I don't know for sure, though because I've never been in that situation myself.

Edit: You could also try contacting support to see if they could send you the missing items, but that could be a long shot (and could take a couple of weeks to get a response).

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:Weird. You make that choice as part of a story chapter, and you have to make that choice in order to finish the chapter and move onto the next step. I'm not sure how you managed to do the story chapters that come after that one without finishing the Blazing a Trail chapter. But, regardless of that, your main character won't be able to get the story rewards a second time. A second character SHOULD be able to unlock the story rewards for the same collection, as long as they also choose Joko's aid during that chapter. I don't know for sure, though because I've never been in that situation myself.

Seems more likely OP was playing through with someone else and accepted progress without considering this and ended up with stuff for one of the other banners' collection instead.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Seems more likely OP was playing through with someone else and accepted progress without considering this and ended up with stuff for one of the other banners' collection instead.

I've seen that happen. I always try to make sure everyone knows (and agrees) with choices before moving forward, but relatively few people realize the implications.

@Hamfast.8719 said:Initially, I played through with my Main character, and did NOT make the story choice to unlock the collection. Later, I re-played the relevant portion of Path of Fire WITH THE SAME CHARACTER and made the story choice that DID unlock the collection. I have 5 items filled in already using that character. But it is not giving me story step rewards on the character who unlocked the collection (presumably because I already did the story once).

I cannot RE-unlock the collection with another character, can I? Is getting the rewards contingent upon what character unlocks the collection?

Originally you should be able to do with that character only stuff for the collection tied to the choice you made first time you've done that story step on that character. Redoing it later on doesn't change that initial choice.

Now, if i remember right that should have been changed in one of the later patches, but maybe not for all of the collection choices.

To be sure, i'd suggest to push another character through the story, making the choice for that collection, and try to finish it on that character.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Hamfast.8719" said:Initially, I played through with my Main character, and did NOT make the story choice to unlock the collection. Later, I re-played the relevant portion of Path of Fire WITH THE SAME CHARACTER and made the story choice that DID unlock the collection. I have 5 items filled in already using that character. But it is not giving me story step rewards on the character who unlocked the collection (presumably because I already did the story once).

Originally you should be able to do with that character only stuff for the collection tied to the choice you made first time you've done that story step on that character. Redoing it later on doesn't change that initial choice.

Now, if i remember right that should have been changed in one of the later patches, but maybe not for all of the collection choices.

To be sure, i'd suggest to push another character through the story, making the choice for that collection, and try to finish it on that character.

That would have been a terrible mistake since that introduces the possibility of breaking all 3 collections.

Edit: Fortunately not true anyway. Choice can't be changedjdoUXoC.jpg

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Hamfast.8719" said:Initially, I played through with my Main character, and did NOT make the story choice to unlock the collection. Later, I re-played the relevant portion of Path of Fire WITH THE SAME CHARACTER and made the story choice that DID unlock the collection. I have 5 items filled in already using that character. But it is not giving me story step rewards on the character who unlocked the collection (presumably because I already did the story once).

That would have been a terrible mistake since that introduces the possibility of breaking all 3 collections.

Edit: Fortunately not true anyway. Choice can't be changed
jdoUXoC.jpg

I didn't mean that you could change the choice, once made. I meant that in some patch they made a change that was supposed to let you to do the collection on any character, regardless of the choice made, as long as collection was already unlocked. I'm just not sure if the change applied to the whole collection, or only to some specific parts of it.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Edit: Fortunately not true anyway. Choice can't be changed
jdoUXoC.jpg

I didn't mean that you could change the choice, once made. I meant that in some patch they made a change that was supposed to let you to do the collection on any character, regardless of the choice made, as long as collection was already unlocked. I'm just not sure if the change applied to the whole collection, or only to some specific parts of it.

At best that would only apply to the open world items.

Archived