Taimi's Gangsta Walk

@derd.6413 said:What are you talking about?

I’m guessing he’s referring to the Urban Dictionary: “After sustaining an injury to a leg, knee, foot, ect. the limp required is known as a gangsta walk.”

I’m also guessing he managed to miss the fact that Taimi has been disabled from before we met her.

@"Vavume.8065"From the wiki

Taimi (born in 1313 AE, in late spring or early summer) is an asura studying at the College of Synergetics. An apprentice of the renowned golemancer Zojja, Taimi requires the assistance of a golem named Scruffy to get around, owing to a degenerative disease that prevents her from walking long distances and may spread to other parts of her body as she gets older. Although there is no known cure, this progeny is quick to refuse any offer of pity.

She’s always has a visible limp and it’s why Scruffy was so important to her

IMO this is part of the problem with the disappearance of Season 1. Taimi's disability was only properly explained in the Edge of the Mists release - as part of the reason why Taimi and Braham couldn't go further into the Edge of the Mists looking for the missing parts from Scruffy. Taimi couldn't walk far on her own and definitely couldn't run or fight and Braham couldn't fight while carrying her. So the player had to do the fetch quest.

After that Anet seems to have been working under the assumption that everyone knows that (and everything else covered in Season 1), but of course a lot of people never got to play that release and even for those of us who did it was a long time ago and we can't remember every little detail. We can't play it in game to get the info, and searching the Wiki isn't always easy if you don't know what you're looking for. In this case the important info is on Taimi's page, but other info from Season 1 can be hard to find.

(On a related note I'm glad I managed to completely avoid anyone referring to my limp as a 'gangsta walk' in the 2 years between doing my knee in and getting it (mostly) fixed. I think that would have made it even more embarrassing. But maybe it's an American thing?)

@Danikat.8537 said:IMO this is part of the problem with the disappearance of Season 1. Taimi's disability was only properly explained in the Edge of the Mists release - as part of the reason why Taimi and Braham couldn't go further into the Edge of the Mists looking for the missing parts from Scruffy. Taimi couldn't walk far on her own and definitely couldn't run or fight and Braham couldn't fight while carrying her. So the player had to do the fetch quest.

After that Anet seems to have been working under the assumption that everyone knows that (and everything else covered in Season 1), but of course a lot of people never got to play that release and even for those of us who did it was a long time ago and we can't remember every little detail. We can't play it in game to get the info, and searching the Wiki isn't always easy if you don't know what you're looking for. In this case the important info is on Taimi's page, but other info from Season 1 can be hard to find.

(On a related note I'm glad I managed to completely avoid anyone referring to my limp as a 'gangsta walk' in the 2 years between doing my knee in and getting it (mostly) fixed. I think that would have made it even more embarrassing. But maybe it's an American thing?)

They would also have to have missed any time during any LS episode where Taimi walked at all and had a noticeable limp.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:IMO this is part of the problem with the disappearance of Season 1. Taimi's disability was only properly explained in the Edge of the Mists release - as part of the reason why Taimi and Braham couldn't go further into the Edge of the Mists looking for the missing parts from Scruffy. Taimi couldn't walk far on her own and definitely couldn't run or fight and Braham couldn't fight while carrying her. So the player had to do the fetch quest.

They would also have to have missed any time during any LS episode where Taimi walked at all and had a noticeable limp.

...or the discussions about it when the golem was lost, and it was explicitly mentioned as a reason not to go places. Not to mention that "walked" was super-slow compared to everyone else when presented...

I figure it is just the standard "breeze through, pay no real attention to the story" until they happen to randomly notice the thing. Not that I speak from personal experience where I learn something has been present forever, and I literally just never noticed that it looked like a lobster.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:Not that I speak from personal experience where I learn something has been present forever, and I literally just never noticed that it looked like a lobster.

If it's the thing I'm thinking of there's also a tour guide who comes past periodically to complain about it looking like a lobster.

Yeah, that was the joke. ;) Clearly an excellent joke, too, because any joke you need to point out has really worked out well...

Archived