Request: Dye sorting "By Source"

For ArenaNet:

I kindly request from ArenaNet to make it easier in sorting dyes by source. How could I know that Urn Dye or Vabbian Bronze Dye come from Awakened Dye Kit. Seriously, these things need more information regarding source. As a player I am tempted to think that in this case Vabbian Bronze Dye comes from a Vabbi map, but it's not the case. Same thing applies for other dyes in Gem Store sets, such as Ghost Dye in Blue Shift Dye Kit, Sulfur Dye in Elonian Landscape Dye Kit, and examples can continue. This mentality has to stop, as a player I don't like to be forced to search with Google or GW2-Wiki for every single dye, take links, put them in game and repeat the process whenever something new comes up Gem Store.

Don't take me wrong. I thank you for the naming until some point in the past, because these used to have some logic: Shadow Abyss & Shadow Blue & Shadow Green in Shadow Dye Kit, Flame Dye in Flame Dye Kit, or every dye starting with "Enameled" in Lion's Arch dye sets. However, lately things are really scrambled and we have to open a browser every time, just to see the source of a dye from Gem Store and test their colors.

Maybe a filter "By Source" is not the best idea. Others may come with better ideas, but you get my point. Thank you for your understanding.

@Alin.2468 said:As a player I am tempted to think that in this case Vabbian Bronze Dye comes from a Vabbi map, but it's not the case.

In that case it might save you some time to know this game doesn't work like that. There are no dyes that drop only on certain maps, or from one type of enemy. Common, Uncommon and Rare dyes come from Unidentified Dye (which is a random drop from various places) and from other dye packs. The Exclusive dyes only come from gem store dye packs.

So you can save yourself some research - all you need to know is which pack contains the colour you want. Although since all the packs (except the ones from character birthdays) are random if you're looking for a specific colour the only way to guarantee you'll get it is to buy it from the Trading Post.

Archived