mes needs looked at still and a fix soon

Belishine.7493

hello peps! i have been playing mes for some time and the mes is still in this brocken state that raly needs to be looked at and fixed. in pvp/wvw the mes is a snorfest to play for this one reason you go in do 4 then 2 then wait like 2 secs then do f1 and almost everyone you fight wil just die. this is not fun for both the mes nor the one we fight. on top of that the mes has way to meany acseses to the blink and stealth skill makeing sutch a pain to fight agenst for most classes. in real terms this class is in a state were its almsot complet god states and is makeing this class verry unbalenced. this class needs fixed and get a hard nerf for the right balance so its not in god states. to anyone thinking im just hateing mes im not im hateing that its not that i love mes i just hate haveing a class in god states all the time and i like balenced game play not jsut op vs op vs op all day long its boring as hell.

It might help if you made a coherent point beyond "mes is OP". Fortunately, others have done a much better job than you have of conveying the point you're attempting to make and literally everyone is aware of it at this point.

Was this post intended to be a joke? If so, I especially enjoyed the part where pressing 4 + 2 + F1 = win.

Alright, next time you want to make an argument that doesn't pan out avoid blink and stealth as we only have access to 3 decent stealth skills for a total of 8 seconds of stealth. Note that stealth is only useful in dueling because it prevents capture contribution. As far as blinks, if that were actually an issue why isn't everyone complaining about Thief and their access to 10 different shadowsteps? Is it because of Jaunt which really isn't used for escapes outside of WvW?

Blink and Stealth do not a god class make. You didn't even address the places where the only overperforming Mesmer build (condi mirage) is overperforming.

this is literaly no joke i run full zerker gear with gs and ss the combo of 42f1 is a win with that unless you have someone like a war or guardion none the less i am mad that the skill to play mes was a 3 but now is 1 meaning any joe smo can come in and be good at mes. if i go over every issue i have with mes right now i will be hear for like 4 hours in full detail of how mes will need to be fixed for a more fun and skilled play style so that its more inline with like ranger witch is i think the most balanced class in the game.

@Belishine.7493 said:this is literaly no joke i run full zerker gear with gs and ss the combo of 42f1 is a win with that unless you have someone like a war or guardion none the less i am mad that the skill to play mes was a 3 but now is 1 meaning any joe smo can come in and be good at mes. if i go over every issue i have with mes right now i will be hear for like 4 hours in full detail of how mes will need to be fixed for a more fun and skilled play style so that its more inline with like ranger witch is i think the most balanced class in the game.

I really think you could avoid a lot of arguments by just recording a video demonstrating what you mean. Just a quick 5m video of you playing mes and showing how op it is, know what I mean?

i have no means of recording any vid so that wont work for me and i know im bad in english so all i am doing is puting presher out thare for the devs to fix the mes becosue they have goten a lot of feed back on this and its been like 2 months now so the fixes need to happen now not later and i did state that i would continue to post until they fix mes. if needed i can do this to all the classes i think are in major issues and try to get it all fixed this is just the main one and the bigest one right now. all in all my issue with mes is that they lowered the skill to play mes and gave it way to mutch of a buff and have not commented on the fact that its not as intended and that it needs fixed. so i will post as mutch as i need to for the mes to get down to a mutch more balacned level of play with more skill and this joke of a class it has become. the mes is jack of all trades and yet its the best tank and best dps and best suport class in the game but the thief the master of dps is backstabed for the mes. if you can not see this point hear you are blind and this is were the fixing need to start. if anyone is jack of all they should not be number one in all you see what i am saying at all. i raly want to see the mes get to be more of a 3rd best not the number one for everything in the game becosue now this class is in my eyes brocken. i also want the combos to not have as mutch of an inpack like it is now becosue that is when your skill with a class comes in. on paper the change to mes sounded good but turned out to be no good and lowered the skill for mes from the 3 star to a one star. any class that is stated to be a skilled class and then gets its dificalty lowered is never good for any class unless the class is so hard that the skilled players cant realy play it. this is just the tip of what i am talking about.

If you said stealth, gs2 (precast), blink, F1 in wvw ganks then I might empathise for no reaction time.

But Gs4 is such a huge red flag saying "burst incoming".

In any case for these builds to one shot, you can breathe on them and they die. Providing you avoid the opening burst then the remainder of the fight is usually in your favour.

Sure I would like to see a stealth overhaul at some point such that blind ganks are no longer as easy to do or even possible anymore (having said that I can't remember the last time I got 100-0, usually you are left with a little hp which allows a comeback), but aside from that if you can see the mesmer coming and using gs animations then you can react to it.

to all of you that think mes is not brocken or is not op at all you are in denial. I can tell that most of you that are disagreeing with me are mes mains/ only like to play stuff that is brocken/op. If any of you think that the mes is no op or brocken then play a few other toons like the ranger thief and rev you will see that the mes is not balanced right. this is what i am talking about not that the combo is something needing a change. the mes as a whole needs changed to get more in line with all other toons and not be this jack of all trades that has no weakness and has no real issue doing anything. when they made the changes yes it changed the mes up but it was for the worst parts. the mes now feels like its back to lonch were mes is op. i am geting so tired of this game in its super bad balancing for a lot of class. mes is just one of the worst followe by thief. i know i am about to see a lot of trolls on this post but think befor you post becosue i am makeing a strong point right now and my mind is not going to change at all. i also think mes needs some changes in pve becosue i can do stuff my other toons cant that i have more time in. in short mes is brocken/ op and need to get changes soon becouse it is no in the right slot for being balanced.

@Belishine.7493 said:to all of you that think mes is not brocken or is not op at all you are in denial. I can tell that most of you that are disagreeing with me are mes mains/ only like to play stuff that is brocken/op. If any of you think that the mes is no op or brocken then play a few other toons like the ranger thief and rev you will see that the mes is not balanced right. this is what i am talking about not that the combo is something needing a change. the mes as a whole needs changed to get more in line with all other toons and not be this jack of all trades that has no weakness and has no real issue doing anything. when they made the changes yes it changed the mes up but it was for the worst parts. the mes now feels like its back to lonch were mes is op. i am geting so tired of this game in its super bad balancing for a lot of class. mes is just one of the worst followe by thief. i know i am about to see a lot of trolls on this post but think befor you post becosue i am makeing a strong point right now and my mind is not going to change at all. i also think mes needs some changes in pve becosue i can do stuff my other toons cant that i have more time in. in short mes is brocken/ op and need to get changes soon becouse it is no in the right slot for being balanced.

I don't think you get it. I assumed you were joking because you're complaining about a build that isn't even meta. Power shatter mirage isn't OP. It's a one-trick pony gimmick build. The real deal is condi mirage, which is definitely OP for many reasons.

@Belishine.7493 said:thare you go agen not reading the whole thing and thinking its just about power mes read what i put down and then think ples.

Maybe you should question whether it is too strong or whether there exists other factors that give you the viewpoint you see. I am seeing in the top 100 people who are bad at the game, burn cool downs for no reason and get carried by something being too strong. People who wouldn't even be top 250 and constantly going between gold and bottom plat in season 5 when we had a decent top end player base.

Perhaps the big problem is that the veteran player base who know what mesmer does has gone leaving the large hole filled by either newer and less experienced people playing whatever facerolls others or the people who were always not very good anyway. Regardless the player base is getting less and less skilled, even some of the top players say they're playing really badly because there's no competition so slowly they depreciate in skill as there's no one to train against and lets be clear here, these are people that represent close to the most efficient way to play a class which is why I use them as examples.

Power shatter isn't a good build and people shouldn't be dying to it in this day.

The only problem with mirror blade is that at point blank (very specifically) it doesn't have an animation/effect when you're on the receiving end like what you see at range. The sword itself literally never gets displayed to the enemy, even in the precast part. With a macro (which a ton of people unfortunately very obviously use), there's more guesswork involved than there needs to be given the damage the combo deals. Otherwise, it's a very reasonable combo. If you get caught not paying attention, you probably go down. If you have good awareness and it's cast at range, it's preventable. It's the D/D signet thief for mesmer.

Mesmer's problems - specifically Mirage's problems as it's not a problem with Chrono/Core - are that it can't be locked down or hit back while dealing out massive damage. It's the same issue Holosmith and SoS/Sturdy pet Soulbeast and warrior stances have except with less visibility and much higher frequency. Endurance Regen food just breaks it completely since it gets a lot of mobility from S/x and spamming evades. It's literally more mobile and harder to punish than Daredevil. And the entire point of that spec was to be mobile and hard to punish. And even as a thief I thought Daredevil was gimmicky and had/has a very high skill floor.

Beyond making it so that Mirage can't dodge while currently under CC (like everything else), I don't really know what else is necessary. Mirage cloak is downright annoying to play against because it stands in the way of the core ideals of GW2's combat - you can see what your opponent is doing rather than needing to look at status bars (which is also why I hate invuln/damage mitigation effects without auras or animation locks) - I'd rather take that incremental step, first, since I think it'd set the good ones apart from the bad ones and open up the class enough to make it at least punishable.

@"Belishine.7493" said:thare you go agen not reading the whole thing and thinking its just about power mes read what i put down and then think ples.

You're the one who chose to begin with how "OP" you are using a gimmick build. Also, as I said in my first reply you made no coherent points and at least a hundred others before you said everything you wish you had said far better than you could have because they actually know what they're talking about. Like I said. It's okay. We know. Everyone knows. Now go pray that tomorrow's patch addresses some of these issues without destroying Mirage completely.

@"Jannie.2975" said:I wonder how many more Mirage nerfs will come until ANet gets it that it is the endless perma-clone creation that makes Mirage so impossible to deal with.

Just a piece of information you might find useful, these are the health values for them in PvP and WvW:

Clone: 2,433Phantasm: 3,396Phantasmal Defender: 7,278

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusion

Any form of AoE will kill them easily. You can also chill and cripple them which makes them nearly never hit when shattered as they move so slowly.

The biggest issue with mirage is elusive mind and that half the time you can't tell when they're dodging.

i still think mes needs to be properly balanced becouse i can run zerker but still tank dps and support and yet when other toons are in zerker they can only dps with a side of suport like the druid but when it comes to it mes is just always best for tank support and dps not mater what they do this is were its brocken. you can not argue the mes is not brocken when it can do all of that and show no weakness. this be the reson for it being completly unbalanced.

@Belishine.7493 said:i still think mes needs to be properly balanced becouse i can run zerker but still tank dps and support and yet when other toons are in zerker they can only dps with a side of suport like the druid but when it comes to it mes is just always best for tank support and dps not mater what they do this is were its brocken. you can not argue the mes is not brocken when it can do all of that and show no weakness. this be the reson for it being completly unbalanced.

This just in: 'I've never played chronotank and think that running zerker gear gives me good dps.'

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Jannie.2975" said:I wonder how many more Mirage nerfs will come until ANet gets it that it is the endless perma-clone creation that makes Mirage so impossible to deal with.

Just a piece of information you might find useful, these are the health values for them in PvP and WvW:

Clone: 2,433Phantasm: 3,396Phantasmal Defender: 7,278

Any form of AoE will kill them easily. You can also chill and cripple them which makes them nearly never hit when shattered as they move so slowly.

The biggest issue with mirage is elusive mind and that half the time you can't tell when they're dodging.

I know about these things and based on that knowledge and awareness did I write my post you quoted.

Archived