Is the first Roller Beetle Collection ("High Roller") Bugged?

According to the WIKI, I need to:

1) Complete FOREARMED IS FOREWARNED (Done! I am on the next storyline step "A New Ally".)

2) Talk to SPEARMARSHAL ZAEIM (Done! All he says is "My scouts are stretched thin, but they're ready for anything. Won't let you down, commander".)

3) Talk to GORRIK (Done! All he says is "I'm trying to WORK here, Commander. No offense".)

I DO have the HIGH ROLLER collection listed as unlocked, and I even have it selected to "Watch" (on my desktop). But when I open it, it says I need to find the items Gorrik needs to buff up his beetle, and then it doesn't tell me what those items are. It also doesn't list any reward. No NPC ever said a word to me about the Roller Beetles.

Is WIKI wrong, or is there a glitch? There's NO WAY I am going to repeat FOREARMED IS FOREWARNED. That instance is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long! Am I missing something, or is it time for me to post this in the BUGS forum? Until I get this sorted out, I can't begin the Roller Beetle Mastery track.

The wiki may have missed some details in-between Step 2 and Step 3. Zaeim actually gives you some objectives to do -- check in with the shipwrecked Corsairs to the SW and investigate reports of scarab eggs in the farmlands to the NW. Once you've done those, I think then you can talk to Gorrik to activate the "High Roller" collection.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tactical_Triage#Objectives

My memory is bad so I can't recall if I went in this exact order, but maybe try that and see if it works?

@"Meow Ren.5382" said:The wiki may have missed some details in-between Step 2 and Step 3. Zaeim actually gives you some objectives to do -- check in with the shipwrecked Corsairs to the SW and investigate reports of scarab eggs in the farmlands to the NW. Once you've done those, I think then you can talk to Gorrik to activate the "High Roller" collection. My memory is bad so I can't recall if I went in this exact order, but maybe try that and see if it works?

Those aren't required to progress the beetle. They are just other parts of the main story within that same chapter. High Roller should tick off when the collection is done

@"Meow Ren.5382" said:The wiki may have missed some details in-between Step 2 and Step 3. Zaeim actually gives you some objectives to do -- check in with the shipwrecked Corsairs to the SW and investigate reports of scarab eggs in the farmlands to the NW. Once you've done those, I think then you can talk to Gorrik to activate the "High Roller" collection.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tactical_Triage#Objectives

My memory is bad so I can't recall if I went in this exact order, but maybe try that and see if it works?

Not exactly.

What happens is that Tactical Triage is split into multiple parts that you can do in any order. By approaching a area you indirectly select to complete that objective.

From my own experience if you triggered any of the selection you will have to complete that before you can talk to Gorrik to start Beetle Juice. That guest is based on my own experience combined with what is written on Dulfy's guide which implies that you can start it as soon as you finish Forarmed is Forwarned.

I was wandering around the map a bit before trying to start the collection and triggered on of the Tactical Triage thing and I couldn't start the collection getting the same response from Gorrik as the OP.

Once I completed the Tactical Triage objective I triggered talking to Gorrik worked as expected.

Proper order for the Beetle Mount collections are:

1. Beetle Juice
  2. Beetle Saddle
  3. Beetle Feed

IIRC, High Roller just unlocks the first collection - Beetle Juice - and basically serves as a marker that you've talked to Gorrik. The wiki is showing it as worth zero AP.

Make sure you talk with Lady Camilia before running off around the map. Either before or after talking with Gorrik, but before you head out to the rest of the map.

I spoke to Lady Camilia when I logged back in today. She's just a vendor with three items at this time. I had "A New Ally" active, so I went and freed a coupla Heket. Having completed that, I got a prompt to visit Gorrik (amongst a couple other things to do). That gave me the Beetle Juice collection. "High Roller" shows completed. So I guess I'm rolling now! Well... I will be rolling.

(P.S. - Camilia is unchanged... just a 3-item vendor).

Thanks, all!

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Hamfast.8719" said:Soooooo... is this beetle mount gonna cost me a ton of gold, like the Griffon?

0 gold, but 50 inscribed shards, so don't consume/spend them all ;)

This. Religiously "Deposit Material" them. Do not "Use" them because that destroys them and gives Volatile Magic. (You are listening to the dulcet tones of the Voice Of Experience here. Do not emulate my mistake.) Don't spend them on stuff either.

Each time you finish a heart, go to the heart vendor NPC and spend 2688 (well, that's what it costs me, anyway) Karma for a bundle of five shards, and DEPOSIT them so that you don't accidentally consume them. There are five hearts on the map, so that's two days on one character or one day if you use two. If you have 10 level 80s available, spend 1000 VM for the portal scroll and send all ten across to do the supplies-to-the-base heart which requires no fighting at all. Just go back and forth between box of supplies next to the heart vendor on the little hill (pick up here) and the drop-off point to the north of Lady Camilla. Killing Awakened Spy ambient ("white name")critters counts toward this heart, so you can reduce the time it takes by doing that if you see them.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Hamfast.8719" said:Soooooo... is this beetle mount gonna cost me a ton of gold, like the Griffon?

This. Religiously "Deposit Material" them. Do not "Use" them because that destroys them and gives Volatile Magic. (You are listening to the dulcet tones of the Voice Of Experience here. Do not emulate my mistake.) Don't spend them on stuff either.

I felt like a right numpty. I had been buying them from heart vendors and using them.. thinking they'd go into the wallet like some other currencies.I was confused as to what was happening to them..til I read it. Wasted like 20 shards ><.

@Taygus.4571 said:

I felt like a right numpty. I had been buying them from heart vendors and using them.. thinking they'd go into the wallet like some other currencies.I was confused as to what was happening to them..til I read it. Wasted like 20 shards ><.

Twenty? Ouch. At least in my case it was only seven or eight, I think.

Archived