Can someone upload a clip of them using the new focus 4?

mrauls.6519

@"mrauls.6519" said:Holy sheet. Just saw someone use it on stream. Focus just got the rev offhand sword treatment. Holy SHEET! Burst DH may be here?!?! Can't wait to get home from work.

The new focus 4 is exciting! It essentially works like ranger warhorn 4. The high total damage and multi-hit component opens up potential for both power and condi builds. I complained at first since it lost the blind but the new animation/functionality more than makes up for it.

@"DiogoSilva.7089" said:Focus and shield were kind of competing for the same spot (self defense and utility). I think it's a good decision to make focus more of an offensive spellcasting offhand instead.

100%! ANet did a good job with this balance patch. Focus is a burst offhand, shield is a defensive offhand and torch is a condi offhand. Good!

@"Gwaihir.1745" said:It's pretty easy to dodge very broadcast. Wouldn't overhype it yet. However that warrior/mirage/thief trying to disengage for the 4th time? Rip. It's basically a condi they cant get rid of.

That's the thing. It may be a skill that forces dodges or you eat the damage. I don't think it's "omgOP" level, but damn it looks good. Been waiting to run focus again on DH

I'm running a zerker DH with GS/Se/T combo, and while its full kitten on defense, its an offensive juggernaut that literally melts any opponent vet and below. Elites are a bit more tricky but if you burst right, they melt too.

I am anxious to try focus in place of torch to see just how much more damage this build can do.

@Jake Orion.2049 said:I'm running a zerker DH with GS/Se/T combo, and while its full kitten on defense, its an offensive juggernaut that literally melts any opponent vet and below. Elites are a bit more tricky but if you burst right, they melt too.

I am anxious to try focus in place of torch to see just how much more damage this build can do.

I really think it will replace torch. Torch 5 is garbage for power

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@Jake Orion.2049 said:I'm running a zerker DH with GS/Se/T combo, and while its full kitten on defense, its an offensive juggernaut that literally melts any opponent vet and below. Elites are a bit more tricky but if you burst right, they melt too.

Torch 4 hits like a truck though. I suppose you could argue that focus now has two hard hitting damage skills to torch's one, but making sure that shield of wrath doesn't break before it pops isn't always easy.

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Torch 5 is garbage for everything, power or condi.

Archived