Buffs to Celestial Amulet

Zenix.6198

@NaturallyNick.4058 said:The only class that would really benefit would be Weaver and they should just give them some actual buffs. I'd rather stay away from the potential for more bunker builds.

I kinda get the sentiment.But I dunno if a mere 50 stat buff would enable bunkers that much.Like maybe we would see the return of the celestial druid, but other than that (and yes, weavers) I personally dont see a bunker meta evolve from that alone.

there is a lot of boon strip so I don't think cele will make a big reappearance. plenty of builds other then weaver could benefit. more boon strip would be the counter, so I think builds like power mes for the domination boon strip and burst would possibly be more valuable then the condi build. who knows, maybe some weird deadeye shadow arts boon stealer build will pop up lol. anyway, if theyre balanced, more builds are better for the game.

@Mbelch.9028 said:Since no naysayers have spoken up yet, I don't particularly want a big buff to this amulet. Weaver is already one of the most annoying specs when played well. Plus, who needs a reminder of the celestial D/D spec?

D/D won't make a comeback as the do-all spec. The power creep today is TOO DAMN HIGH!

@Abelisk.4527 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:Since no naysayers have spoken up yet, I don't particularly want a big buff to this amulet. Weaver is already one of the most annoying specs when played well. Plus, who needs a reminder of the celestial D/D spec?

D/D won't make a comeback as the do-all spec. The power creep today is TOO kitten HIGH!

I wasn't inferring D/D core would. I was inferring you never know what will come out of the woodwork when buffs like this come about. You never know what will trigger something into an OP level.

Zhe only thing that should happen first with Celestial finally is that the ALL STAT prefix should get a FIX to make it again an ALLSTAT prefix, by letting it boost up same as powerfully as like all other stats Concentration and Expertise too !!!

As long Celestial doesn't boost these two attributes up as well too the same as powerful, as like all other attributes, you can't speak about this upgrade prefix as an "allstat" one, because it is currently no allstat prefix at all.

We've already been there with Cele meta and it becomes bland and a 1 dimensional super bunker/bruiser meta, where kills don't happen unless someone is getting plused. Although I do agree that Cele is quite ineffective at the moment, I'd rather not see it receive "a small buff" at all, because we have no idea what anet has planned for nerfs or buffs to other things. IE: A slightly buffed Cele amulet followed by DPS nerfs intra-class wide, could render a situation where "tankiness was again worth it", and then we'll be in another super bunker/bruiser meta, which in all seriousness is just boring as hell and not very engaging at all, for many many reasons. High DPS metas where support is something that "stalls deaths" rather than "making a party statistically invulnerable" is much more engaging and much more fun.

I'd also like to point out that EVERYTHING is different now. Almost every class is spitting out physical and condi, at the same time. Many classes are pulsing constant boons with heals and barriers, ect.. ect.. I really believe that Cele becoming viable at this point would do nothing more than encourage more rando skill spam, and discourage build structures that require precision and timing. In other words, when we are forced to run Berserker or Viper or the rare build that works great with Carrion or a straight Support Amulet, the roles in Conquest become much more distinct and the game has more flavor. With Cele in play, everyone can do everything and it creates messed up balance issues not only with build structures, but with the game mode in general. Balance issues that shouldn't even be tended to with the catalyst of Celestial rooting the core of the problem.

I mean, what would be more interesting? A series of Olympic events where all of the athletes had different heights, sizes, weights and skill sets for the sports they participated in, or a series of Olympic events where everyone was the same height, size, weight and all possessed average skill sets at every sport?

~ My opinion anyway.

cele was one of the reasons a long needed rework of (pve) ele got delayed. absolutly against another baindaid for ele.

scrapper has basicly the same problems sword weaver got and im not in a hurry to see cele scrapper again either.

I don't think buffing it to its old level would even make a difference. With the current state of the combat, you can do exponentially more damage by building for either power or condition, going for a mix that's mediocre in both will cost you a lot more damage than just going Paladin or Mender.

Cele was good when damage was lower and the defensive stats mattered while the damage wasn't that much lower than going say marauder. But now with DE doing 4-5k crits from 1.5k range on auto attacks it's not really an option for damage nor sustain.

Archived