Why we need more traits like abyssal chill and deadly chill

InsaneQR.7412

I love these traits, not because they are the most inventive or always the most effectice, but because they bring diversity and interesting buildcraft.Body blow warriors, condi chill reapers, hybrid revs, panic strike thiefs all these builds benefit from hybrid stats, ofc they are not necessarily meta but fun to use and versatile.Rangers could use an interaction with cripple, guardians with blind, engis with stuns etc.

@Justine.6351 said:Deathly Chill was probably the worst thing that happened to wvw and why we are plagued with scourges today who swapped from trailblazer reapers.

I merely think the concept is good. Deathly chill reapers arent dominating WvW today, because they patched some of the concepts of this trait.DC was the first of its kind and they needed to balance them accordingly , now they have several different traits of the same kind that do not make the majority of builds.Just because a trait led to the current WvW situation does not make it bad because other traits of the same kind didnt had this effect.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Deathly Chill was probably the worst thing that happened to wvw and why we are plagued with scourges today who swapped from trailblazer reapers.

I merely think the concept is good. Deathly chill reapers arent dominating WvW today, because they patched some of the concepts of this trait.DC was the first of its kind and they needed to balance them accordingly , now they have several different traits of the same kind that do not make the majority of builds.Just because a trait led to the current WvW situation does not make it bad because other traits of the same kind didnt had this effect.

Conditions that cause conditions is not healthy. Interesting perhaps, but not healthy.

@Justine.6351 said:

Conditions that cause conditions is not healthy. Interesting perhaps, but not healthy.

Well dmg conditions that apply dmg conditions is defibetly not healthy thats true, but soft CC conditions that normally reside on power weapons are definetly healthy for build diversity and hybrid playstyles.

I think theres just too much fixation on damage in everything right now. Control conditions that now ALSO generate damage is a double whammy, given the whole point of controls is to create more openings for damaging attacks. This is way more apparent in power builds, because you still need to take action to capitalize on the opening, where as a lot of conditions builds simply dumps those conditions in everything it does.

I actually miss the old GW1 degen model, but I have no doubt it wouldn't work given how much emphasis this game has on short TTKs and almost 1:1 type counter play.

@starlinvf.1358 said:I think theres just too much fixation on damage in everything right now. Control conditions that now ALSO generate damage is a double whammy, given the whole point of controls is to create more openings for damaging attacks. This is way more apparent in power builds, because you still need to take action to capitalize on the opening, where as a lot of conditions builds simply dumps those conditions in everything it does.

I actually miss the old GW1 degen model, but I have no doubt it wouldn't work given how much emphasis this game has on short TTKs and almost 1:1 type counter play.

Personally its not necessarry about dmg for me but more about diversity. It opens up weapon choice. Sword on ranger for example is more power based but with cripple applying poison it would be a good condi weapon, but you would need to take a trait in exchange for that which is a reasonable tradeoff IMO.

@"Lily.1935" said:I mean, Chill is the strongest condition there is... Anything that their theme was centered around chill was bound to be really dangerous. Damage on top of the most devastating condition in the game? Well!

I can literally be immune to any chills at a snap of my finger with my necro. Hardly the "most dagerous" condi ingame...

@"MyPuppy.8970" said:I'd also really like more chill play for my ele, since we should be the masters of elements, but as stated previously, a condition potentially proc'ing other conditions is not very healthy. I'd be fine with more chill access without having to be hit.

That "health" depends on profession. Necro is notorious for his slow condi buildup, and low amount of condi stacks per skill. Deadly Chill for reapers lets them stack some reasonable bleeds fast if you build for chill application. In hands of another profession, say a ranger, that would be overkill. But for a reaper it's a saving grace that makes condi builds viable.

Archived